Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Targeted - $300 Statement Credit From Amex When You Book $900+ Travel Through Amex Travel

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2019 4:09 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 17, 2011
457 posts
610 upvotes
Toronto
Booked mine on Feb. 27th but it didn't show up posted until today (Mar. 6th) and the "Processed Date" says March 5th. No $300 credit yet.
But I noticed in the T&Cs for the $300 promo it says "must be charged to your registered card during the offer period and subsequently posted to the account by March 4, 2019." Should I be concerned? I mean it's not in my control how long it takes them to process the transaction...
Mar 5, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
costabile wrote: Booked mine on Feb. 27th but it didn't show up posted until today (Mar. 6th) and the "Processed Date" says March 5th. No $300 credit yet.
But I noticed in the T&Cs for the $300 promo it says "must be charged to your registered card during the offer period and subsequently posted to the account by March 4, 2019." Should I be concerned? I mean it's not in my control how long it takes them to process the transaction...
The same thing happened to me. I called and the rep basically said I was SOL. :( So not only did I lose $300, I paid an extra 10-15% to book the rooms through Amex.
Dec 5, 2016
173 posts
283 upvotes
Seems like I'll be having the exact same issue...booked on Feb 27th and posted on March 5th. Might have to cancel the hotel booking and look elsewhere...meh
Apr 28, 2009
137 posts
27 upvotes
Guys, same here... Booked Feb 28 but posted March 5.... Why did it take a week to post?

I called Amex and they seemed to say I would still get the credit.

If any of you were successful confirming this, please DM me.

I'm pretty upset about this since I my reservations on Amex were more expensive than Expedia.
Sep 21, 2016
156 posts
31 upvotes
Have the same issue, booked 28 Feb, posted 5 March
Oct 17, 2011
457 posts
610 upvotes
Toronto
costabile wrote: Booked mine on Feb. 27th but it didn't show up posted until today (Mar. 6th) and the "Processed Date" says March 5th. No $300 credit yet.
Good news; they gave me the $300 credit this morning (on their own; I didn't call in yet). So hopefully it will be the same for the rest of you in this situation.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1784 posts
652 upvotes
St. John's
I had the 15K points offer and similarly, I made bookings on Feb 28, and they posted March 5. The 15K points came through today.
Apr 28, 2009
137 posts
27 upvotes
I got the $300 today even though my Feb 28 posted on March 5.

Oddly, usually anything purchased on a given day is posted on the same day or one day after. Unsure why travel expenses aren't!

Very happy about this!!
Apr 6, 2007
481 posts
127 upvotes
Kelowna
I am about to book some travel using my Amex Personal Platinum card. I understand I will get 2x points for this purchase.

If I use the Amex Travel Portal, do I get any additional points on top of the 2x?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)