• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2017 10:34 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6698 posts
1058 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2016 11:04 pm
Nope. @ Costco you'd be lucky to get less than half a container-a spoonful maybe.
They handed out two full containers (100 ml each) to each person @ TOD.
So? I can buy 200g of greek yogurt for about $1.50. Not worth standing in line for. Astro yogurt isn't the best anyway...I have much better greek yogurt at home.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11081 posts
1507 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2016 11:28 pm
playnicee1 wrote:
Nope. @ Costco you'd be lucky to get less than half a container-a spoonful maybe.
So? I can buy 200g of greek yogurt for about $1.50. Not worth standing in line for. Astro yogurt isn't the best anyway...I have much better greek yogurt at home.
I don't really care what you think. I care that I got two not just one. They insisted that I feel free to come back again and enjoy more...but I'm not that bad...
A coupon for a dollar off was also offered. That was also good. Every dollar saved helps.
(Canadian Living-"Best new product" FYI...)
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9764 posts
855 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote:
Aug 7th, 2016 9:48 pm
Went there today, every one around me was either eating the roasted corn on the cob or chicken souvlaki on a pita, the need for these $5 samplings to otherwise be paying more on a regular day is a joke. The lineups for the free yogurt was by far the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. It just goes to show you that people aren't into trying new things even for $5, I would rather have my pita on a calm Wednesday afternoon than have to suffer walking through the massive heathing of people breathing next to you.

The only reason I attended was because the in-laws wanted to go I was already on the way. If I wanted free samples of Yogurt I would head to Costco, seriously I cannot get over that. /rant.

Don't you know? Torontonians love standing in lines.

But seriously, yogurt isn't something I would want free samples of in an outdoor event where refrigeration is questionable.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11081 posts
1507 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Aug 8th, 2016 12:06 am
yogurt isn't something I would want free samples of in an outdoor event where refrigeration is questionable.
From what I could see, there's nothing to question.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2083 posts
440 upvotes
Scarborough
playnicee1 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2016 12:17 am
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Aug 8th, 2016 12:06 am
yogurt isn't something I would want free samples of in an outdoor event where refrigeration is questionable.
From what I could see, there's nothing to question.
Well he is kinda right, yogurt is a dairy product you kinda need to keep it refrigerated unless you plan on consuming it immediately. I bet they weren't even offering a spoon or napkins, right?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6698 posts
1058 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2016 11:47 pm
LNahid2000 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2016 11:28 pm
playnicee1 wrote:
I don't really care what you think. I care that I got two not just one. They insisted that I feel free to come back again and enjoy more...but I'm not that bad...
A coupon for a dollar off was also offered. That was also good. Every dollar saved helps.
(Canadian Living-"Best new product" FYI...)
You clearly care since you responded to my post. Also, best new product is not the same as best product ever. Marketing gimmicks get you as usual.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2001
1238 posts
99 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote:
Aug 8th, 2016 8:11 am
Well he is kinda right, yogurt is a dairy product you kinda need to keep it refrigerated unless you plan on consuming it immediately. I bet they weren't even offering a spoon or napkins, right?
Why on earth would you assume this? Of course they had spoons, napkins and refrigerators. It's 2016, not 1916.

You said you were there, but I guess you had your nose too far up into the air to notice all the people "trying new things".
Let them know that it is I, Aziz Hamid!
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2083 posts
440 upvotes
Scarborough
Yes I was busy walking versus waiting in long lineups.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1150 posts
261 upvotes
bump

Starts tonight and ends on Sunday.

I eat souvlaki year-round regularly, but I'm really craving the BBQ quails right now. I may have to go tonight because I'll probably be too busy the rest of the weekend.

Will they know if I attended this year or not? Look below... LOL

taste-danforth-attendance-seriously-2032356/
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25658 posts
5838 upvotes
GTHA
Danforth Dash bed race kicks off Taste of the Danforth festival

Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11081 posts
1507 upvotes
Toronto
WTH? $5 for a corn on the cob??? Who pays that??? WHY??? There's corn for $2 just outside @ Donlands station and inside the event at least one place still had $2 corn on the cob.
I also saw one other place with $3 corn but what makes the $5 booths worth that much???
...and I thought $4 was bad last year!!!!
This was a complete waste of my time this year. Can I have the last few hours of my life back please? Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6698 posts
1058 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 12:54 am
WTH? $5 for a corn on the cob??? Who pays that??? WHY??? There's corn for $2 just outside @ Donlands station and inside the event at least one place still had $2 corn on the cob.
I also saw one other place with $3 corn but what makes the $5 booths worth that much???
...and I thought $4 was bad last year!!!!
This was a complete waste of my time this year. Can I have the last few hours of my life back please? Thanks.
lol calm down...if you don't want $5 corn, don't buy $5 corn. Apparently other people will though.

This festival has been a shitshow for years. If you want to see a good food festival, go to Taste of Buffalo...it's the 2nd largest food festival in the U.S. I spent $15 there this year, and ate so much that it covered both lunch and dinner.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36506 posts
2446 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:18 am
lol calm down...if you don't want $5 corn, don't buy $5 corn. Apparently other people will though.

This festival has been a shitshow for years. If you want to see a good food festival, go to Taste of Buffalo...it's the 2nd largest food festival in the U.S. I spent $15 there this year, and ate so much that it covered both lunch and dinner.
Really?!
That is worth a road trip for the fun and food :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6698 posts
1058 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 12:08 pm
Really?!
That is worth a road trip for the fun and food :)
Definitely worth the road trip. Lots of free parking in downtown Buffalo as well on the weekend.