Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

TasteAway 30% off + 30x points

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2015 6:45 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
3167 posts
1470 upvotes

TasteAway 30% off + 30x points

Expiry:
July 26, 2015
This weekend TasteAway has 30% off + 30x points, which in total equals a discount of 45%. This is for take-out and delivery through their participating restaurants.

The discount code needed to enter during checkout is: TAABC904F9
13 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2078 posts
2139 upvotes
Buenos Aires/Monaco
It looks like there are barely any restaurants to order from these days, and then many of them flat out refuse to deliver because Tasteaway isn't paying them. It's no wonder that they initially list pick up options instead of the delivery options, because as soon as I click delivery only, most of the restaurants disappear, and I have a few options to pick stuff up from restaurants that aren't even remotely close to me. Anyway, thanks for sharing OP.
Never trust someone who tells you that their favourite show is Corner Gas.
May 14, 2013
734 posts
1386 upvotes
Thrasher wrote: This weekend TasteAway has 30% off + 30x points, which in total equals a discount of 45%. This is for take-out and delivery through their participating restaurants.

The discount code needed to enter during checkout is: TAABC904F9
Technically speaking, it's 30% off and 30x points (which is similar to 15% in store credit). Which means the total savings, assuming your able to use your credit, is 40.5%, since you would only collect points on the amount paid.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
3167 posts
1470 upvotes
TheAccountant wrote: Technically speaking, it's 30% off and 30x points (which is similar to 15% in store credit). Which means the total savings, assuming your able to use your credit, is 40.5%, since you would only collect points on the amount paid.
Interesting. I was under the impression that the points are calculated on the total amount before the discount.
Sep 9, 2009
297 posts
122 upvotes
Calgary, AB
TheAccountant is correct. Points are calculated based on amount paid after the discount. I've ordered through Tasteaway many times. It takes forever to accumulate points that are actually worth a decent amount to obtain a free meal but nonetheless, some loyalty points is better than none.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
Ya it's lame how most stores don't have delivery on these promos
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
May 14, 2013
734 posts
1386 upvotes
speed_69 wrote: TheAccountant is correct. Points are calculated based on amount paid after the discount. I've ordered through Tasteaway many times. It takes forever to accumulate points that are actually worth a decent amount to obtain a free meal but nonetheless, some loyalty points is better than none.
Also to add to that, the credit values are substantially reduced (if you were to use a 40% coupon on your next order, the credit would apply to the balance first and the remaining amount on the order would receive the 40% off).

Don't get me wrong - these 30-40% deals are amazing for us but not a sustainable business model. They can't afford to always hold these promotions, (i.e. make $30, and pay the restaurant $50).
You can see this in what ElHoardo said, which is absolutely correct, my restaurant list is down to maybe 5 restaurants (all pizza and curry). The last time I ordered, the restaurant personally called me to apologize that they couldn't accept it the order because Tasteaway hasn't paid them and hasn't responded or answered calls for 2 weeks.

If you have any credits left, I suggest you use them up - looks like a sinking ship.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10692 posts
5489 upvotes
Toronto
a few other restaurants have stopped their services through them once they realized they were getting screwed over. TA is running these kind of discounts almost non-stop now. must be trying to grab as much cash as they can before they close up shop.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2999 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
TasteAway must be getting a lot of feedback regarding the lack of restaurants. I was all excited when I saw Popeye's again, only to find the status is "open later". That's when I kept a closer eye and scrolled, only to see almost every restaurant says "open later". Previously it would exclude these restaurants... It's worst now that there's lots of restaurants listed but you can't order from them.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
3658 posts
1995 upvotes
The ship is sinking fast! Never seen them re-up a promotion on a Sunday before. It used to be only 10% on weekends and you'd get the bigger discounts on Wed.
The frequency of the large discounts lately and how many restaurants are no longer available are definite signs they're in trouble. I want to use up my points but
I feel guilty these restaurants are getting screwed. Most are local small business.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
4104 posts
4051 upvotes
Toronto
I have spoken with TasteAway regarding this payment issue, they claimed it was a mix up in accounting and that all restaurants are in the process of or already have been paid.

As for big chains on TasteAway, I mean they really do not need it I do not see why they're paying a percentage when advertising is already covered in franchises.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
3658 posts
1995 upvotes
Mix up in accounting??? All of them?? Yeah right. That's as believable as the dog ate my homework. You think they'd honestly tell you yeah our business is in the crapper.
I just noticed another of my favourite restaurants that was available on Friday is now also "open later".
WMPCOT wrote: I have spoken with TasteAway regarding this payment issue, they claimed it was a mix up in accounting and that all restaurants are in the process of or already have been paid.

As for big chains on TasteAway, I mean they really do not need it I do not see why they're paying a percentage when advertising is already covered in franchises.
Jun 21, 2005
208 posts
47 upvotes
Mississauga
WMPCOT wrote: I have spoken with TasteAway regarding this payment issue, they claimed it was a mix up in accounting and that all restaurants are in the process of or already have been paid.

LOL the mixup is that the restaurants thought that TA had any money to pay them.
92gsr wrote: You provide them with your business after appying 20 coupons, breaking out the fine print in their price-match policies, printing out price-errors with requests that they honour the erroneous price, and returning 9 out of 10 products you purchased over the year.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
4104 posts
4051 upvotes
Toronto
shutterbug wrote: Mix up in accounting??? All of them?? Yeah right. That's as believable as the dog ate my homework. You think they'd honestly tell you yeah our business is in the crapper.
I just noticed another of my favourite restaurants that was available on Friday is now also "open later".
I have friends that own restaurants in Mississauga, only one of the three had issues with payments. The other two, which have both been around since the beginning have been paid on time and continue to do business with TasteAway.

Did TasteAway lie to me? Maybe I can't really say all I can say for sure is what my restaurant owner friends tell me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)