Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2013
4731 posts
861 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

Tax Review

Having my 2016 return reviewed. Problem is I'm missing 3 phone bills, insurance invoice, and T2200, TL2 from one former employer.

Used to keep those electronically but they got lost (stupid me... should just print and photocopy extra paper copies in the future in addition to keeping electronic copies). TD only mailed me insurance statements/invoices but never a confirmation of payment receipt (CRA requests both the invoice and proof of payment).

I only have a few days until CRA's deadline to submit all my documents.

Should I just send what I got in with a note that the missing documents will come shortly (1-2 weeks), as I'm waiting for Bell, TD, and my former employer to mail the documents? They refuse to e-mail and will only do snail mail.

Also didn't know credit card statements did not apply, so I'm missing some fuel receipts as well. Should I just submit those anyways?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2327 posts
518 upvotes
Newmarket
call in and ask for extension, then send the info once you have everything
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2013
4731 posts
861 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Homerhomer wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 11:48 am
call in and ask for extension, then send the info once you have everything
I've called the number at the end of the review letter (my reviewer's contact info) and she never picks up. Left voicemails, still no response.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2327 posts
518 upvotes
Newmarket
FirstGear wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 11:53 am
I've called the number at the end of the review letter (my reviewer's contact info) and she never picks up. Left voicemails, still no response.
it is Friday before long weekend ;-)
Aug 10, 2017
27 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga
I am in the same situation. Tried calling Sept 10 and voicemail stated they were on vacation and to call after Sept. 12. I called Sept. 13 and the new voicemail said they are out of the office until October 13. I ended up calling CRA and asking them to make a note in my file that I had made attempts to call but unable to reach the person.
Jun 24, 2015
590 posts
56 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
I don't think you need to actually send in the bills and invoices to the CRA, I'm pretty sure you only need to "HOLD ON" to them in the event that you get Audited by them and they request supporting documents. Besides, if you have a business, you should have backup copies of any expenses you are claiming, weather it be digital or analog.
Jun 24, 2015
590 posts
56 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Wow a call from the CRA on a saturday? im Surprised!