• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2015 7:01 am
[OP]
Mar 17, 2012
68 posts
6 upvotes
OTTAWA

Tax season is coming ufile or TurboTax

I know its only 30 bucks but I want to get the best bang for it. So would ufile or Turbotax be a better choice for filing taxes and maximizing returns.
5 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
3092 posts
433 upvotes
Brampton
Studiotax
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2014
1198 posts
343 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Simpletax.ca
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12130 posts
1811 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
cybersitter wrote:
Feb 18th, 2015 2:07 am
I know its only 30 bucks but I want to get the best bang for it. So would ufile or Turbotax be a better choice for filing taxes and maximizing returns.
Fees charged are based on your tax refund in most cases... up to max amount. If you are low income vast majority dont charge you anything ie. when one has zero tax refund. As for software usage, that's a personal preference. Basically all the forms/template/calculations are the same since it's CRA govt regulations. I find ufile very straightforward and easy. If you really want to maximize tax refund go see a tax accountant, point blank. Software is not gonna help you much there... besides all legit software is govt approved. So I doubt they will approve one that has a more "generous" tax refund calc. versus another. Rather they will make sure they are all the same. Otherwise everyone will get X% more refund using one s/w versus another. Word would spread like wildfire and govt would lose big time.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING