Cell Phones

tbaytel prepaid data - $125 for 20GB with 365 day expiry?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2017 3:43 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25869 posts
2877 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Messerschmitt wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:46 pm
And regarding my request, can anyone let me know what is the best way to get a replacement SIM card since my current one is very worn out and "scratched" from putting it in and out of my phone (which has a high friction coefficient and it scratches the SIM contacts every time it's taken out or put in)
I think you're out of luck. You can't ask them to ship you a new one without the risk of being discovered. I would just take every precaution to extend the life of the SIM
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1460 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
I've only been successful once at transferring an account to a new sim remotely through my Thunder Bay contact.

It's more work effort to do a transfer then setting up a new sim. So they haven't been cooperative with me beyond that one transfer.

Stop doing the in and out with your sim! Keep it in. Get a dual sim phone if your constantky swapping sims.
Messerschmitt wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:46 pm
Why did you lose a week? When you select any amount, it tells you the new expiry date. You would've noticed that the new expiry wouldve been +365 days instead of your old expiry + 365 days.

This. addon's don't expire, even if they have their expiry date. All you have to make sure is that the main account is not expiring, and just keep loading 100$ every year

And regarding my request, can anyone let me know what is the best way to get a replacement SIM card since my current one is very worn out and "scratched" from putting it in and out of my phone (which has a high friction coefficient and it scratches the SIM contacts every time it's taken out or put in)