Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card] TD Aeroplan New Promo -infinite up to 25,000 FYF + Rebate

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2018 4:39 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2189 posts
2897 upvotes
TORONTO
Could anyone help compare: TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card vs TD First Class Infinite?

I'm the holder of the latter card since it's free with TD all-inclusive account. I've always wanted the Aeroplan Visa Infinite since TD released it, but it wasn't part of the free visa card from TD with all-inclusive, until I just learnt last night, it is now (or maybe for a while already). I compared the benifits on TD's own websites, but I couldn't decide if I should switch. Any one can give me any advise? I'm considering switching since they also have this promotion going on.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26761 posts
9330 upvotes
where I belong
hansdoreen wrote: Could anyone help compare: TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card vs TD First Class Infinite?

I'm the holder of the latter card since it's free with TD all-inclusive account. I've always wanted the Aeroplan Visa Infinite since TD released it, but it wasn't part of the free visa card from TD with all-inclusive, until I just learnt last night, it is now (or maybe for a while already). I compared the benifits on TD's own websites, but I couldn't decide if I should switch. Any one can give me any advise? I'm considering switching since they also have this promotion going on.
Just get both, no need to switch. I do that (I own TDFCT free from AI account, and churn TD Aeroplan cards as it's FYF)

If you really want to switch back-and-forth, read up more (e.g. my signature thread has some data points from some posters), I know some people did it and got bonuses
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Jan 15, 2016
120 posts
30 upvotes
Victoria, BC
In signing up, it looks like it is forcing me to open a Td bank account. Is that correct? This was applying online btw.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3215 posts
1264 upvotes
Ajax
My first year free still hasn't been credited and I've had the card for a month and a half. I've had two bills...kinda getting concerned, might have to call soon
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1504 upvotes
QC
Scruffythecat wrote: In signing up, it looks like it is forcing me to open a Td bank account. Is that correct? This was applying online btw.
No need
Apr 26, 2009
317 posts
49 upvotes
Thanks. You meant hold the card for at least 6 months before canceling?
jfmartel wrote: Wait at least 6 month to get it registered correctly in your credit file
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2189 posts
2897 upvotes
TORONTO
Thanks(ed) for you reply!
Since you have both, do you have any opinion on which one is better? Having both would cost me an annual fee from one of the cards after the first year I believe, I don't wanna cancel after a year use or something like that.
jerryhung wrote: Just get both, no need to switch. I do that (I own TDFCT free from AI account, and churn TD Aeroplan cards as it's FYF)

If you really want to switch back-and-forth, read up more (e.g. my signature thread has some data points from some posters), I know some people did it and got bonuses
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2996 posts
601 upvotes
Burnaby
good to know. will consider it.
MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM; AMD Ryzen 5 3600; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB + 16GB; WD Black SN770 1TB;
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1504 upvotes
QC
tingoting wrote: Thanks. You meant hold the card for at least 6 months before canceling?
Yup
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1314 posts
399 upvotes
Winnipeg
So I just got my card in the mail have yet to call in to get it going. All though I'm curious If I should call a rep back and tell them about the greedy deal and receiving the extra 5k worth of aero plan....
Do you think they will match this as it's already been applied for.
Also Question regarding the other 10,000k worth of points so you get the 15,000k after the first purchase but as for the other 10,000 you gotta wait till the card had reached the full year has rolled over????
So meaning you can't cancel this card out and really only get 15,000k...Thinking Face
Le_arned to Churn now I use it as my hanrness.
Buy low sell high, always make a way to get what you want!💪😁👌
Aug 26, 2015
308 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sixshot28 wrote: So I just got my card in the mail have yet to call in to get it going. All though I'm curious If I should call a rep back and tell them about the greedy deal and receiving the extra 5k worth of aero plan....
Also Question regarding the other 10,000k worth of points so you get the 15,000k after the first purchase but as for the other 10,000 you gotta wait till the card had reached the full year has rolled over????
So meaning you can't cancel this card out and really only get 15,000k...Thinking Face
Doubt they'll even bother to match. They already got you, it's not like you can cancel and reapply. I would use the card until the year is up. Even when it rolls over and you forget to cancel, you can still call them and cancel and they'll refund the annual fee, or offer you like 5000 points to stick around... lame.

It's an OK card, nothing too special. The travel perks are weak and only apply when travelling on points. If I got a free checked back for every flight, it would be well worth it. And one lounge visit, again on reward travel only, not paid flight.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
1212 posts
772 upvotes
Vancouver
Just curious, but have they fixed their system so it stops generating you a new Aeroplan account even though you provide your existing one in the application?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
jfmartel wrote: The offer pops all day long in my facebook feed.
That's fine. Just make sure you click on it and print off the offer page to take it to the branch.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
2916 posts
4472 upvotes
West
sixshot28 wrote: So I just got my card in the mail have yet to call in to get it going. All though I'm curious If I should call a rep back and tell them about the greedy deal and receiving the extra 5k worth of aero plan....
tekguy26 wrote: Doubt they'll even bother to match. They already got you, it's not like you can cancel and reapply. I would use the card until the year is up. Even when it rolls over and you forget to cancel, you can still call them and cancel and they'll refund the annual fee, or offer you like 5000 points to stick around... lame.

It's an OK card, nothing too special. The travel perks are weak and only apply when travelling on points. If I got a free checked back for every flight, it would be well worth it. And one lounge visit, again on reward travel only, not paid flight.
Far from a guarantee, but sometimes they will either match or give you a partial credit of "goodwill miles" if it was a new application made just before the promo period. That said, since they are not advertising the same bonus on their specific website, you will probably have a harder time getting anything. Can't hurt to ask the credit call centre though -- make sure you ask for a supervisor.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1718 posts
1082 upvotes
Hamilton
Received pre-approved 15K bonus miles offer via email and then got a letter. BMO CC offer seems much better but since I'm a TD client, I am thinking to get this one instead. Is there an option to enter the promo code, "Sb6l9", etc, in order to match with other offers via third party sites/promoters?
Anyone tried to enter a promo code on online application? TIA.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1221 posts
1347 upvotes
Calgary
HamsiBrain wrote: Received pre-approved 15K bonus miles offer via email and then got a letter. BMO CC offer seems much better but since I'm a TD client, I am thinking to get this one instead. Is there an option to enter the promo code, "Sb6l9", etc, in order to match with other offers via third party sites/promoters?
Anyone tried to enter a promo code on online application? TIA.
I too received a pre-approval from TD (sounds like the same one you got). I'm going to call TD about it this week, I have my doubts they'll do any offer matching through an online application. Doing it by phone, agents are required to get sign-ups and will probably be more apt to go the extra mile to get the application through.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1718 posts
1082 upvotes
Hamilton
Got a call after pre-approved for 15K miles promo, advised agent 15K is lower than some other offers we got and 25K is still around via 3rd party sites. It looks agent did not have any initiative so I declined the offer. Well, as a VIP account holder, I'm still questioning whether I need a TD card that offer 15K only.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
How long after making 1000$ purchase did people get 10,000 bonus miles ?

It's been 2 months so far, but no bonus miles yet.
Koodo 60$ 10gb plan
Public Mobile 36$ 4gb plan
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
ambujakshi wrote: How long after making 1000$ purchase did people get 10,000 bonus miles ?

It's been 2 months so far, but no bonus miles yet.
So, you got the older promo, the one that gives 10,000 after 90 days, right? Well, it seems to post at around the 4 statement. Third, if you're lucky.
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)