Expired Hot Deals

[TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card] Warm deal. FYF - 15,000 pts (1 purchase) + 10,000 pts (Account open 90 days) + 5,000 pts (Add AU by June 14)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2017 6:56 pm
[OP]
Mar 22, 2017
5 posts
19 upvotes

[TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card] Warm deal. FYF - 15,000 pts (1 purchase) + 10,000 pts (Account open 90 days) + 5,000 pts (Add AU by June 14)

Warm deal w/ exclusion: "If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for these offers."

It's pretty much the typically available deal for the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card.

T&C:
"1 Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles will be awarded to the Aeroplan member account associated with the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Account (“Account”) only after the first Purchase is made on the Account.

To receive the additional 10,000 Aeroplan Miles, you must: (a) apply for an Account between March 6, 2017, and May 4, 2017; and (b) keep your Account open, active and in good standing for 90 days after Account approval. To receive an additional 5,000 Aeroplan Miles, you must: (a) apply for an Account and add an Authorized User by June 14, 2017; and (b) Authorized User must call and activate their Card by July 31, 2017. You can have a maximum of three (3) Authorized Users on your Account but you will only receive 1 (one) 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles offer. Annual Fee for each Authorized User Card added to the Account will apply. The Primary Cardholder is responsible for all charges to the Account, including those made by any Authorized User. If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for these offers. We reserve the right to limit the number of Accounts opened by and the number of miles awarded to any one person. Your Account must be in good standing at the time bonus miles are awarded. Please allow 8 weeks after the conditions for each offer are fulfilled for the miles to be credited to your Aeroplan member account. Offers may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise specified. These miles are not eligible for Aeroplan status.

2 Welcome Bonus of 10,000 Aeroplan Miles will be awarded to the Aeroplan Member account associated with the TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card Account (“Account”) only after the first Purchase is made on the Account.

To receive an additional 5,000 Aeroplan Miles, offer you must: (a) apply for an Account between March 6, 2017, and May 4, 2017; and (b) keep your Account open, active and good standing for 90 days after Account approval. To receive an additional 5,000 Aeroplan Miles, you must: (a) apply for an Account and add an Authorized User by June 14, 2017; and (b) Authorized User must call and activate their Card by July 31, 2017. You can have a maximum of three (3) Authorized Users on your Account but you will only receive 1 (one) 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles offer. Annual Fee for each Authorized User Card added to the Account will apply. The Primary Cardholder is responsible for all charges to the Account, including those made by any Authorized User.

If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for these offers.
We reserve the right to limit the number of Accounts opened by and the number of miles awarded to any one person. Your Account must be in good standing at the time bonus miles are awarded. Please allow 8 weeks after the conditions for each offer are fulfilled for the miles to be credited to your Aeroplan Member account. Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise specified. These miles are not eligible for Aeroplan status."
162 replies
Apr 9, 2014
32 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
"If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for these offers."

Does this apply to any TD credit card products or TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card only?
May 20, 2009
819 posts
285 upvotes
Mississauga
This is better than warm, pretty decent imho.
FYF with $25k points with only 1 purchase is not bad.
The only thing it is not the best yet is $60-70 rfdcash or gcr rebate probably won't work.
But you got the majority of the benefits with no cost..
I might jump later.
Public $38/30d,provincial,4gb data,unltd everything* (paid <$30 w rewards)
Zoomer $36/mo,Canada,2gb data,unltd everything*, free GR5 w 2yr contract
Carrytel cable internet, 100m unltd, $40/30d
Nov 23, 2015
135 posts
54 upvotes
Winnipeg
gardener28 wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 11:04 am
The only thing it is not the best yet is $60-70 rfdcash or gcr rebate probably won't work.
I might jump later.
I agree. 25K Aeroplan points with no real spend requirement is tough to beat. You can get 40K via the Amex Biz Gold with FYF, but that involves $5,000 spending.

I'm just grateful that the mainstream Aeroplan cards are going back to 25K bonuses instead of the 15K/20K that was starting to become common. Although it's hard not to be envious of the US where deals keep getting better and better and we're stuck with the same 25K bonuses we had nearly a decade ago.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5408 posts
286 upvotes
TO
This is a good deal given the past slew of pets we've seen which required to hold account for a year to get full points.

Who thumped this down?
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

I use Plastiq to pay bills! It's magic ;)
#1 rule of Churning club - KCaDCA
RIP Marriott Visa card :(
Apr 26, 2009
218 posts
18 upvotes
I think the fee for the AU isn't waived, or am I reading it wrong.

3 To receive the Primary Cardholder Annual Fee rebate for the first year, you must apply for a TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Account ("Account") through the link on this website between March 6, 2017, and May 4, 2017. Annual Fee will be reversed within 2 monthly statements from the date of the charge. Annual Fee for any Authorized User Cards added to the Account continue to apply. Annual Fee rebate does not apply to the TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card offer. Existing TD Aeroplan Cardholders are not eligible for this offer. Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise indicated. This offer is not transferable.
gardener28 wrote:
I might jump later.
May 20, 2009
819 posts
285 upvotes
Mississauga
That refer to the $50 AU added.
The default user $120 annual fee is free.
That said, as long as you don't add any user, you won't be charged.

However, if you feel adding an user for $50 in exchange of the 5K aeroplan points, that is not a bad deal either.
tingoting wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 10:34 pm
I think the fee for the AU isn't waived, or am I reading it wrong.

3 To receive the Primary Cardholder Annual Fee rebate for the first year, you must apply for a TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Account ("Account") through the link on this website between March 6, 2017, and May 4, 2017. Annual Fee will be reversed within 2 monthly statements from the date of the charge. Annual Fee for any Authorized User Cards added to the Account continue to apply. Annual Fee rebate does not apply to the TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card offer. Existing TD Aeroplan Cardholders are not eligible for this offer. Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise indicated. This offer is not transferable.
Public $38/30d,provincial,4gb data,unltd everything* (paid <$30 w rewards)
Zoomer $36/mo,Canada,2gb data,unltd everything*, free GR5 w 2yr contract
Carrytel cable internet, 100m unltd, $40/30d
Aug 2, 2007
320 posts
85 upvotes
Coquitlam
I opened one of these but through my error I didn't sign up with the FYF link. So I called in and rep said rep cant do anything but she can upgrade my existing rebate visa to this one, get the FYF rebate and I cancel my first one to get the annual fee back.

I kept both because I wasn't sure if I would get the welcome bonus points on the 2nd card due to me having opened the first one.

When both cards arrived, I activated it one call after another. A month later I got both the welcome bonus points. I got 10000 more for spending $1000 and on the first card I got a $50 rebate after 3month instead of more aeropoints. So I got 40k aeropoints.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2001
4527 posts
191 upvotes
Where was the link for this particular offer originally found?
Jun 10, 2016
61 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
gardener28 wrote:
I might jump later.
I can see a $50 cash back rebate from GCR so whats your point ?
Nov 23, 2015
135 posts
54 upvotes
Winnipeg
EmmEmm wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 11:37 pm
I can see a $50 cash back rebate from GCR so whats your point ?
GCR only offers a 50% rebate, not FYF.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9850 posts
799 upvotes
I applied for the same deal in late Nov... still didn't get my 10K points for keeping the card for 90 days.

TD also won't let you pre-authorize your payment from other bank.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
2892 posts
577 upvotes
How long after your first purchase do the 15k points get posted to your account?
Mar 26, 2012
9 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga
Not sure if this is allowed.. but any idea why TD I have a hard time getting a credit card? I have a 500$ one, and tried to increase limit but they rejected it.. I have 1 negative mark from my OSAP a few years back, there were 3 marks, and they removed 2 but wouldn't remove the 3rd.. the first 2 they admitted fault but said they can't do anything about the 3rd.

I have no issues with anyone else, Scotia, Amex, plus I am getting a lot of pre-approved card offers from Rogers, CIBC.. my other cards have much higher limits, I keep my utilization ratio relatively low and make payments typically before interest occurs.. just curious if anyone has experience with TD's process and why it's difficult, also an FYI the 500$ card I do have is secured.. they wouldn't even allow me an unsecured one. My last card with them was a much higher limit and was regularly paid-off, but when the OSAP thing occurred they closed my account immediately. I check my equifax score frequently and there isn't anything else besides the NSLC negative mark.

And another question.. I have about 10k combined from my other 3 cards, I don't spend what I don't have. Should I just close the 500$ secured card? I barely use it.. except once a month to keep some statement hoping it will help boost my credit, but maybe it's not worth it?

tldr; have issues getting credit from TD but not anywhere else.

Sorry if this is not allowed, I can delete it if so. Thanks if anyone responds (Can also PM me if you'd like)