Hot Deals

[TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card] Warm deal. FYF - 15,000 pts (1 purchase) + 10,000 pts (Account open 90 days) + 5,000 pts (Add AU by June 14)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2017 10:36 pm
Feb 19, 2013
215 posts
384 upvotes
Toronto
guptasulabh7 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2017 2:14 pm
Anyone getting an error filling in the application from GCR? After it asks me to review my information, it just gives an error that there is a problem asking me to go to a branch or call them. I tried on 2 different days and cleared the Cache as well but it didn't work.
Wonder if this causes a hard hit as well :(
Mar 1, 2016
5 posts
2 upvotes
Montreal
guptasulabh7 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2017 4:57 pm
Wonder if this causes a hard hit as well :(
I had this issue last year, and it did cause a hard hit as well. I was able to go in-branch and complete my app there (they didn't do another hard pull), and they applied the source code as well.
Dec 9, 2006
861 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know when you will get the annual fee credit back to your account?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2772 posts
1113 upvotes
Canada
joep wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 8:20 am
I would tell you, but it has already been mentioned like five times!
Oct 17, 2013
94 posts
4 upvotes
Summerside, PE
joep wrote:
Apparently within two or three billing cycles. I am just on my second and no refund as yet. Hope you don't wait too long.
Jan 16, 2017
47 posts
8 upvotes
Opened this card in late October and downgraded to a cash back card yesterday. I'm just over the 6 months since I last opened the card. Safe to open the Aeroplan Visa today or should I wait?
Oct 14, 2008
817 posts
228 upvotes
I called in to cancel my card which I activated last year through RFD. They cancelled my card and also told me I could re-apply with the same offer. 10 minutes later I've been approved for the same card with 15k signup bonus, 10k bonus miles after $1000/90 days, First year annual fee rebate. They could even see that I've signed up for the bonus miles 4 times now. Guess there is no longer a grace period to cancel/re-sign anymore. Go nuts people!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6448 posts
337 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sirLYZ wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 9:48 pm
Can someone clarify this minimum spend of $1000?

From this page: http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/products-s ... Code=Sb6l9
"10,000 Aeroplan Miles when you keep your Account open, active and in good standing for 90 days after Account approval" It doesn't say anything about a minimum $1000 spend. Unless the "open, active and good standing" implies that but I don't see any mention of minimum spending in the Legal section either.

@youbet Are you sure that rep wasn't mistaken? I would ask him/her to read the Legal section because it does not say it there.
joep wrote:
I just activated my card and also got the need to spend $1000 for first 3 months to get the extra 10k aeroplan miles but then I said the offer I signed up for was different. Got put on hold for a few minutes, she came back and said yes I am correct, just need first purchase, open account in good standing for 90 days to get the 25k points. She also said the annual fee rebate should be waived after 4-8 weeks which is in line with 2nd or 3rd bill statement.
Apr 9, 2011
80 posts
18 upvotes
jeffyjaixx wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 11:03 pm
I just activated my card and also got the need to spend $1000 for first 3 months to get the extra 10k aeroplan miles but then I said the offer I signed up for was different. Got put on hold for a few minutes, she came back and said yes I am correct, just need first purchase, open account in good standing for 90 days to get the 25k points. She also said the annual fee rebate should be waived after 4-8 weeks which is in line with 2nd or 3rd bill statement.
I just activated as well and it seems there are 2 offers for the additional 10k aeroplan miles: one with $1000 minimum spend, and one with 90 days account open. Rep confirmed that 90 days account open is ok, but her not knowing which offer I'm on makes me suspicious. I've saved the TD offer page as PDF just in case. Saved PDF here
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6448 posts
337 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sirLYZ wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 11:50 pm
I just activated as well and it seems there are 2 offers for the additional 10k aeroplan miles: one with $1000 minimum spend, and one with 90 days account open. Rep confirmed that 90 days account open is ok, but her not knowing which offer I'm on makes me suspicious. I've saved the TD offer page as PDF just in case. Saved PDF here
For me, the service rep said the promo code she saw on my account is the one for the 90 days account open. So the csr should know based on the promo code he or she sees on your file.
Dec 12, 2010
128 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Only got 50% of the annual fee refunded. Have to go through the whole process to get the other 50%.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1950 posts
192 upvotes
Thornhill
im little bit concerned to apply for this, since TD makes you call in and go through the loops for the points :S
Jan 2, 2014
175 posts
32 upvotes
wickkedd wrote:
May 11th, 2017 12:01 pm
So major headline news this morning is that Air Canada is pulling out of the Aeroplan partnership and starting their own rewards program...how will this impact Aeroplan and these cards??

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-can ... -1.4109868
Means you cancel in a year anyways and then get a new points card after using all your points up right at the end :)

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)