• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2013 7:53 am
[OP]
Jul 20, 2008
14 posts
1 upvote
Strathmore

TD Auto Club....what a joke

I am a member of this Auto Club through a benefit a receive through my 99.00 charge for a TD Gold Elite Visa Card the club is administered by SYKES ASSISTANCE SERVICES CANADA. Recently my car became disabled about 30 kms from Calgary,AB (large urban center). Upon calling this auto club I was informed that approx. 2-4 hour wait for a tow. In winter. I told them i could not wait that long in a disabled vehicle and would hitchhike to my home also 30kms away.
When i returned home i got a local tow company to bring my car home and was issued an invoice for the tow amount. TD Autoclub let me know that i would be reimbursed for the amount after proper documents were receiced. I sent all the docs immediately.
It took 2 months for the money to finally be credited back to my credit card BUT only after i continually complained to TD Canada Trust would stated they understood my problem and would get on SYKES to get my money to me.
There is no reason why any Auto Club would tell its client to wait up to 4 hours for roadside assisstance and then make them wait 2 months for reimbursements.
From now on i am joining CAA or AMA
23 replies
Sep 9, 2008
110 posts
10 upvotes
good info .. i just saw TD Rewards promoting TD Auto Club and was thinking about it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
7794 posts
3665 upvotes
Availability depends on who they use (which company). I've called CAA before in a busy snow season and was told a similar wait time so don't be surprised.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
5756 posts
338 upvotes
It took'em 1 hour to get to Mississauga to help with the car in my experience. They're not really what id call quick & dependable, if you want proper road side assistance, id go for CAA.
[OP]
Jul 20, 2008
14 posts
1 upvote
Strathmore
boyoflondon wrote:
Jan 7th, 2013 5:07 pm
Availability depends on who they use (which company). I've called CAA before in a busy snow season and was told a similar wait time so don't be surprised.
True that can cause delays but my circumstances on that day were not extreme weather conditions. Taking to TD AUTOCLUB contact drivers they told me they low ball the rescue rates so many drivers radio unavailable if there is tow business in the urban centre's with exceptions for life threatening emergencies.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
7542 posts
591 upvotes
A free thing never can be a really good thing. Not sure about why you need to pay with Gold Elite. If you have a SS account, then it should be free isn't it?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2005
2981 posts
198 upvotes
Vancouver
welderwonder wrote:
Jan 7th, 2013 6:53 pm
True that can cause delays but my circumstances on that day were not extreme weather conditions. Taking to TD AUTOCLUB contact drivers they told me they low ball the rescue rates so many drivers radio unavailable if there is tow business in the urban centre's with exceptions for life threatening emergencies.
in life threatening emergencies, you call 911, not TD autoclub, not CAA or others.
Apr 23, 2004
976 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
packardbell wrote:
Jan 7th, 2013 7:34 pm
useless if you maintain your car but priceless for the el cheapos with clunkers. :)
not sure if serious
keys locked in? ran out of gas? flat tires? lost of power? drive into a ditch? all this can happen with a maintained vehicle
[OP]
Jul 20, 2008
14 posts
1 upvote
Strathmore
packardbell wrote:
Jan 7th, 2013 7:34 pm
useless if you maintain your car but priceless for the el cheapos with clunkers. :)
Serious? Even a new or "well maintained" vehicle can have mechnical, power train, and other emergencies where a tow company can assist you the owner and your vehicle back to your home or repair shop. Do not believe you will never have to assisted because you change the oil every 5000 kms.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
7542 posts
591 upvotes
welderwonder wrote:
Jan 7th, 2013 10:03 pm
Serious? Even a new or "well maintained" vehicle can have mechnical, power train, and other emergencies where a tow company can assist you the owner and your vehicle back to your home or repair shop. Do not believe you will never have to assisted because you change the oil every 5000 kms.
It's alright OP. Packard don't drive new cars anyhow.
Nov 28, 2010
171 posts
36 upvotes
Hi welderwonder, my name is Sarah and I work at TD Canada Trust. We came across your post and we’d like to learn more about the service you received. This is definitely not the experience we strive to provide to our customers, especially in a time of need. Please send an email to customer.service@td.com (Attn: Social Media) with your contact information and we will be in touch. We appreciate your feedback and hope to hear from you soon.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
6028 posts
968 upvotes
Mississauga
I have to give TD_Canada credit for stepping up to the plate and offering a suggestion. Welderwonder, it maybe to your advantage to take this opportunity to follow through and please let us know how this works out. What do you have to loose?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
2133 posts
116 upvotes
GTA
The joke started when you said TD Auto Club.
× < >