Hot Deals

[TD Bank] 2.5% interest rate for a limited time on TD ePremium Savings Account (YMMV) - Targeted?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 8:00 am
Aug 30, 2007
146 posts
23 upvotes
I got an email! They add bonus rate of 1.75% ontop of the current .75% to make it 2.50%.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2696 posts
1474 upvotes
Markham
DoorCrasher wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 5:49 pm
Yes it is, I just called them in and there is no way to get this if email - or message on easyweb have not been received. Confirmed by my branch manager. Same way as Tangerine... targeted offers that are never available to me... Their regular rate for anyone not targeted is 0,75%
From my experience before when I too wasn't getting offers, try to park 20-30k new funds (coming from outside TD) in a savings account with TD for a couple of months then take out. It should put you on the offers list. Also when the offer comes take advantage and this usually brings you future offers.
Jul 27, 2006
895 posts
297 upvotes
Interest at the applicable posted rates is calculated based on the daily closing balance of the Account and is paid monthly. Bonus Interest will be calculated separately from the posted interest and will be credited to the Account at the end of each month during the Offer Period. Posted interest rates only will apply after the last day of the Offer Period.

"Posted interest rates only will apply after the last day of the Offer Period."
sorry, what does this line mean? we need to keep the money in the account the whole time during the promo period?
Nov 26, 2010
25 posts
9 upvotes
Abbotsford
TD stinks. I'm currently in the process of switching all my accounts to Simplii.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
7940 posts
3736 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:02 pm
Is this targeted?
Existing e.Premium accounts have to be targeted.

All NEW e.Premium accounts are automatically eligible for it.
Dec 14, 2006
284 posts
320 upvotes
boyoflondon wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:38 am
Existing e.Premium accounts have to be targeted.

All NEW e.Premium accounts are automatically eligible for it.
Where does it show all new e.premium accounts being eligible .
[OP]
Feb 19, 2013
256 posts
469 upvotes
Toronto
antonywoo wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 7:15 pm
Interest at the applicable posted rates is calculated based on the daily closing balance of the Account and is paid monthly. Bonus Interest will be calculated separately from the posted interest and will be credited to the Account at the end of each month during the Offer Period. Posted interest rates only will apply after the last day of the Offer Period.

"Posted interest rates only will apply after the last day of the Offer Period."
sorry, what does this line mean? we need to keep the money in the account the whole time during the promo period?
I think it means only posted interest rate (which is 0.75%) would apply after 31st March, 2018.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
1395 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver
I got this email from TD.
I also have Simplii but I didn't know about the 3% interest until I read this thread on RFD!

So I put some money in Simplii because it has a higher rate than TD and there is no minimum balance like $10000 you need for TD.
t_garp wrote:I have to stop checking RFD, this site is making me broke... :twisted:
:cheesygri
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1603 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
I just setup the account. Took like 5 mins.

I know tangerine is like 2.75 until Jan, but it's not enough for me to go through the hassle of moving to them then back to TD
Dec 24, 2006
327 posts
95 upvotes
Pretty much. You're guaranteed their posted rate (currently at .75%) regardless, but the bonus 1.75% only gets added if 10K is in there the whole time. Think of it as a 3 month GIC.
Last edited by brownbobcat on Nov 10th, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2003
2941 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
funkdoobi wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:12 pm
I just setup the account. Took like 5 mins.

I know tangerine is like 2.75 until Jan, but it's not enough for me to go through the hassle of moving to them then back to TD
Any credit pull it you already have accounts with TD?
Jan 20, 2010
213 posts
21 upvotes
I would consider TD as a better option than other small banks, especially when you have the investment account with them. So whenever you need money to purchase a stock, you don't need to use your margin first than transfer from other place. Even if after the off period, I think I will still keep some amount with them. 0.75% is better than nothing.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1603 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
Pyro wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:17 pm
Any credit pull it you already have accounts with TD?
Credit pull? I do already have several accounts with TD.