Hot Deals

[TD Bank] 2.5% interest rate for a limited time on TD ePremium Savings Account (YMMV) - Targeted?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 8:00 am
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2008
1500 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
very cold. TD is the only bank that request to put minimum balance to get 0.75% interest rate at their e-saving account...lol
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6777 posts
2215 upvotes
Markham
vivibaby wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 3:06 pm
2.5% from a big bank. I don’t get what’s with all the hate.
1. Targeted
2. Minimum 10k balance
3. $5 withdrawl fee unless you move it to a savings or fee-based chequing account
Last edited by ToniCipriani on Nov 13th, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Jan 12, 2010
567 posts
62 upvotes
ToniCipriani wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:11 am
1. Targeted
2. $5 withdrawl fee unless you move it to a savings or fee-based chequing account
You have to move it via easyweb/app too. otherwise if its a bank employee doing it, there is a charge
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6777 posts
2215 upvotes
Markham
xSynChrome wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:12 am
You have to move it via easyweb/app too. otherwise if its a bank employee doing it, there is a charge
That's not so much the issue, I do most of my stuff online anyways. Problem is I'm using a ULOC as my chequing so I'm sure that's not covered and will incur the fee.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
May 28, 2013
68 posts
13 upvotes
Burnaby
It says we have to wait 5 business days before we start earning interest. I'm a bit unclear if I need $10,000 in the account during those 5 days or can we simply open the account with $0 balance and on the 6th business day transfer funds over to start earning 2.5%.

Can anyone clarify please?

Here is the terms and conditions:

[¹ Your new TD ePremium Savings Account opened between November 8, 2017 and December 29, 2017 (the “Account”) will earn, starting on the fifth business day after the date the Account is opened until March 31, 2018 (the “Offer Period”), extra interest of 1.75% per annum (“Bonus Interest”) above the posted interest rates for this type of Account on balances of $10,000 up to a maximum Account balance of $5,000,000. Interest at the applicable posted rates is calculated based on the daily closing balance of the Account and is paid monthly. Bonus Interest will be calculated separately from the posted interest and will be credited to the Account at the end of each month during the Offer Period. Posted interest rates only will apply after the last day of the Offer Period. This offer is limited to one Account per person and does not apply in any month in which the Account is closed or the Account type is changed. For Accounts opened by phone, Account opening documentation must be signed and received by TD Canada Trust by December 29, 2017. We reserve the right to change, extend or withdraw this offer at any time; cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. This offer is valid for the recipient name on this communication only and is not transferable. All interest rates are per annum.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14704 posts
18311 upvotes
ONTARIO
kiasu wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 8:48 am
i am curious do they need some kind of # from email to verify ? cause i got the email but my wife doesnt...and i am thinking to setup for my wife..
No they don't need anything from the email to verify.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9240 posts
336 upvotes
Got the email, set it up in 2 minutes. The only assets I have with TD are Waterhouse accounts for RRSP and TFSA. Oh, and a GIC special rate from early this year. Maybe that triggered it.

I am also curious to know if I can free transfer to JOINT savings, or to my ULOC. I am doing a deposit today to the account, so am going into branch (don't want to stick 6 figure cheque into ATM!), so I will ask teller and report back here.
Jan 12, 2010
567 posts
62 upvotes
Bullseye wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 7:40 am
Got the email, set it up in 2 minutes. The only assets I have with TD are Waterhouse accounts for RRSP and TFSA. Oh, and a GIC special rate from early this year. Maybe that triggered it.

I am also curious to know if I can free transfer to JOINT savings, or to my ULOC. I am doing a deposit today to the account, so am going into branch (don't want to stick 6 figure cheque into ATM!), so I will ask teller and report back here.
You can transfer for free only if you are transferring it through easyweb or the app. If you do it thru the phone banking or the teller it would be a 5 dollar charge.
Last edited by xSynChrome on Nov 14th, 2017 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9240 posts
336 upvotes
xSynChrome wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 7:52 am
You can transfer for free only if you are transferring it through easyweb or the app. If you do it thru the phone banking or the teller it would be a 5 dollar charge
Yes, but on the TD site, it says only free to personal savings accounts. Not sure if it includes joint or LOC accounts with TD. Also, I believe that deposits at tellers are always free?
Jan 12, 2010
567 posts
62 upvotes
Bullseye wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 7:59 am
Yes, but on the TD site, it says only free to personal savings accounts. Not sure if it includes joint or LOC accounts with TD. Also, I believe that deposits at tellers are always free?
Deposits are free no matter what. As long as you transfer to a chequing or savings account under your name it's free. If you want to transfer it to a ULOC, transfer it first to a savings/chequing then transfer it to the ULOC. Its the accounts and related services page.