Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD Bank

20,000 Aeroplan Miles with new chequing account

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2014 11:43 am
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1581 posts
511 upvotes
mackersdixon wrote: What is a pre-authorized debit????????
You can do this with your the Amex Gold Card btw =). I'm going to do that.
Mar 21, 2012
91 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
I was added onto my wife's all inclusive account. Could I still get the points if I take myself off her account and apply for my own???
Mar 22, 2012
363 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
bige100 wrote: I was added onto my wife's all inclusive account. Could I still get the points if I take myself off her account and apply for my own???
So I believe you would have opened a joint account together. I don't believe you will be eligible for this promotion.

I will find out if customers will still qualify for the 5k bonus aeromiles for existing customers for adding overdraft protection
Dec 26, 2013
187 posts
19 upvotes
bige100 wrote: I was added onto my wife's all inclusive account. Could I still get the points if I take myself off her account and apply for my own???
+1

Curious to know about "joint accounts" -> new individual account.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
3262 posts
1220 upvotes
Wow, i closed my chequing is Sept 2013...time to reopen, park 5k for 3 months, and get 20k AP! Is it really that easy?
Aug 3, 2007
799 posts
700 upvotes
If there is any TD rep here, please advice if someone is only holding a U.S. Dollar Accounts aka "U.S. Dollar Daily Interest Chequing Account" is eligible for this promo?

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
So, I already have TD All inclusive account. I guess I'm not entitled to get this offer.

What if I close my account and open account again? Can I get the offer?

Also, as I understand Aeroplan does not cover ticket fuel surcharge, taxes and fees. Still people prefer aeroplan ? Why ?
Apr 5, 2005
830 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
According to my local TD branch, this is a targeted promo for new TD Visa Aeroplan cardholders only.
Jan 30, 2008
474 posts
386 upvotes
Time to sign up to the Visa + Checking..

just used 310K aeroplan on a first class flight to bali, return from bangkok. taxes were only $155!
Mar 22, 2012
363 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
Ben07 wrote: If there is any TD rep here, please advice if someone is only holding a U.S. Dollar Accounts aka "U.S. Dollar Daily Interest Chequing Account" is eligible for this promo?

Thanks.
I will find out and get back to you with an answer asap.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5865 posts
3138 upvotes
Winnipeg
How much 25K worth? 250$?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
JUnit wrote: Why not do both?

If that $3500 is in savings earning at most 2% interest, the opportunity cost of moving it to TD is less than $6/month (further reduced by income tax on the interest that would have been received). And as mentioned above, you can set up pay-as-you-go overdraft protection. $18 of forgone interest for 25k aeroplan points is a great deal to me!
If you have $3500 or $5000 hanging around doing nothing, that's good. I'd have any money to pay down the LOC.

When there are other opportunities to earn the aeropeso points, free, they are better deals than the ones where you have to pay and do a bunch of work.
Banned
Nov 12, 2006
2715 posts
1632 upvotes
Toronto
jt05mi wrote: Wow, i closed my chequing is Sept 2013...time to reopen, park 5k for 3 months, and get 20k AP! Is it really that easy?
reading is not easy. :)
Banned
Nov 12, 2006
2715 posts
1632 upvotes
Toronto
jt05mi wrote: Wow, i closed my chequing is Sept 2013...time to reopen, park 5k for 3 months, and get 20k AP! Is it really that easy?
dtrader69 wrote: reading is not easy. :)
jt05mi wrote: ?
it is just not parking the money there, but will require you complete 2/3 tasks...
dtrader69 wrote: i just noticed a bad developer mistake....they should really use spell checker on the title of the page, not just the body.
"TD Canadat Trust"
http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/products-s ... an-odp.jsp
jt05mi wrote: Also, both links on that page go to the "All-inclusive" account…
good catch, either a really bad mistake or a really sneaky one in their favor. when apply for unlimited, make sure you add/remove the applied service
Deal Guru
Sep 9, 2003
10598 posts
4849 upvotes
Burnaby
Was just thinking about switching to TD recently too.

Are there any branches in GVRD with open small safety deposit boxes?
Banned
Nov 12, 2006
2715 posts
1632 upvotes
Toronto
where do i put in the aeroplan number?!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
3262 posts
1220 upvotes
dtrader69 wrote: where do i put in the aeroplan number?!
I just opened the unlimited account…setting up a pre-authorized transfer for telus…and will make a bill payment online…

HOWEVER…I still haven't found where to input the aeroplan number.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)