[TD Bank] Earn $300 bonus by opening new accounts at TD

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2017 10:34 am
Jan 14, 2011
936 posts
208 upvotes
Joelm72 wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 1:21 am
Closed the account in person yesterday. They were sad to see me go and gave me the account balance in cash less $15.95 in fees.
They're always sad to see people go.

"Hi, I'd like to close my account."

"Good riddance"
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2010
1253 posts
46 upvotes
Aurora
TorontoEh wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 12:21 pm
Anyone here who's a joint account holder opened a new account (primary) and qualified for the promo?
Anyone able to verify this?
Oct 10, 2010
51 posts
4 upvotes
I made a $50 cc bill payment and a $50 Tangerine PAD on August 2nd, but still haven't received the $300. Has anyone else had to wait more than a week to get their bonus credited?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6657 posts
2049 upvotes
Markham
potentpotable wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 12:01 pm
I made a $50 cc bill payment and a $50 Tangerine PAD on August 2nd, but still haven't received the $300. Has anyone else had to wait more than a week to get their bonus credited?
For any New Account that is a joint account, at least one accountholder on the New Account must meet the eligibility requirements. Limit of one $300 deposit per New Account per customer. The New Account must still be open and in good standing when the $300 is deposited to the New Account. The monthly fee for the New Account cannot have been waived or rebated for any reason, other than maintaining the minimum monthly balance, and the type of account cannot have changed, before the $300 is deposited to the New Account. The $300 will be deposited in to the New Account within 8 weeks after all conditions have been met. We can change, extend or withdraw the $300 cash offer at any time, and it cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount for the same product. All amounts are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise noted. Other conditions may apply
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Nov 8, 2010
9 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Opened an account on Saturday. Originally planned to open a joint account, but the girlfriend already had a TD account, so just in case I opened just for myself, and add her name onto it later. I read the "at least one accountholder" qualifier, but talking with the person who helped me at the branch, there's been issues in the past years with customers not qualifying, so I'd rather just keep it safe, not in a total rush anyways.

She also told me the system checks for the 2 of 3 conditions every Friday, so I would assume the "within 8 weeks" countdown begins on the Friday after the conditions are met, in case others are wondering.
Feb 17, 2015
292 posts
60 upvotes
Windsor, ON
My Tangerine PAD I setup as monthly for $51 says FTD under transaction type did anyone get the bonus yet observing this same thing for your PAD? Only been 4 days since so awaiting the email
Jan 14, 2011
936 posts
208 upvotes
potentpotable wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 12:01 pm
AC202 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 12:52 pm
Opened an account on Saturday. Originally planned to open a joint account, but the girlfriend already had a TD account, so just in case I opened just for myself, and add her name onto it later. I read the "at least one accountholder" qualifier, but talking with the person who helped me at the branch, there's been issues in the past years with customers not qualifying, so I'd rather just keep it safe, not in a total rush anyways.

She also told me the system checks for the 2 of 3 conditions every Friday, so I would assume the "within 8 weeks" countdown begins on the Friday after the conditions are met, in case others are wondering.
mmikeman wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 12:53 pm
My Tangerine PAD I setup as monthly for $51 says FTD under transaction type did anyone get the bonus yet observing this same thing for your PAD? Only been 4 days since so awaiting the email
The last payout was July 27, and based on previous threads they usually payout once a month on roughly the same day after a ~ couple weeks​ have based after meeting the conditions. So if you met them in early August next payout is likely late August, like the 24th or 31st. If you met them in mid-August it might not be until sometime in September (late September?)
Jan 9, 2013
152 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My $300 bonus just posted in my account this morning. I didn't get any emails (about it coming) like people who received it last month.
Nov 10, 2013
775 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Armani18J wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 8:54 am
My $300 bonus just posted in my account this morning. I didn't get any emails (about it coming) like people who received it last month.

Can I ask you, when was the date your last requirement went thru ?
Jan 9, 2013
152 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Varian wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 9:56 am
Can I ask you, when was the date your last requirement went thru ?
August 1st, PAD
Feb 23, 2004
874 posts
116 upvotes
Got my $300 today. My last requirement was met on August 8.
Feb 17, 2015
292 posts
60 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Got mine today mysteriously after 2 PADs from my insurance I did a tangerine PAD a few weeks back and got nothing I think Tangerine doesn't work anymore heads up, going to keep it for another montht then drop em
Aug 31, 2006
238 posts
92 upvotes
I did EQ Bank PAD's at the beginning of August and online bill payment August 18... Got my $300 today as well
May 15, 2015
58 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON
To me it's not worthy when I have to fulfill so many requirements in order to be qualified for $300 (bonus). plus cut a monthly fee of $15.95 from my account balance each month when the account balance is below $4000.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

eriknjorl, teston