[TD Bank] Earn $300 bonus by opening new accounts at TD

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2017 10:34 am
Oct 22, 2015
420 posts
76 upvotes
mmikeman wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 2:16 pm
Trying this promo even though TD hates me got the account opened today linked the TD account for PAD from tangerine and then plan to pay a credit card and watch the $300 show up, figured maybe give them 3 months before I cancel it, oddly enough don't see a hard pull on my EQ either but I didn't give them my SIN
Is it true there is no credit check from either equifax or TU when opening checking account?
Oct 22, 2015
420 posts
76 upvotes
bigjee wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2017 1:13 pm
Yes. Let me now if you need the steps on how to set it up.
Can someone please provide steps on how to set up tangerine as PAD to qualify for this promo?
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1523 posts
201 upvotes
Winnipeg
wra45mon wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 7:53 pm
Can someone please provide steps on how to set up tangerine as PAD to qualify for this promo?
bigjee wrote:
May 27th, 2017 8:32 am
Did you use switch assistant?

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out.
Here are the steps.

1. Link your newly opened CIBC account to Tangerine
Sign in > My info and options > link to external accounts > enter your CIBC bank, transit and account number
Tangerine will take 2 bus. days to send you money that you can confirm and that will link your accounts.

2. Setting up the PAD
Sign in > Move my money > From : CIBC > To: Tangerine chquing account > Ongoing: Monthly frequency, Start and end 1 year apart > amount $10 and confirm.
Then lower the transfer amount to anything you want
Pending transactions > edit CIBC one > change amount to $1.

for other PAD setup info please see below
Djino's post
Replace Cibc with TD account.
Sep 13, 2011
92 posts
14 upvotes
AJAX
jingjingbub wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 1:12 pm
They charged the monthly fee my first month due to delays in getting money deposited, so there were a number of days I was below the "waived fee" minimum balance. But I wrote them a (nice) message online and they reversed the fee this time
Do you get dinged for the full amount or some prorated amount depending on the number of days you were below the threshold?
Oct 7, 2008
735 posts
89 upvotes
Do I have to set it up as monthly in tangerine or will it still show up as a PAD if it's a one time payment to cibc/TD?
Aug 7, 2015
54 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary, AB
kramed wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 6:07 am
Do you get dinged for the full amount or some prorated amount depending on the number of days you were below the threshold?
They appear to have charged the full amount prorated for # days in August I had the account open, though I only had the 5k in the account by the last 2 days so I might be off in my calculations
Aug 12, 2014
58 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Anyone knows how much time frame in getting the $300 once you meet the condition? I opened account on Aug 10. Did a bill payment on Aug 15 and payroll deposit on Aug 31. When can I expect to receive the bonus money? Thanks!
Jun 9, 2011
604 posts
17 upvotes
TORONTO
sunwin79 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 1:03 pm
What is the time frame in getting the $300? I opened account on Aug 10. Did a bill payment on Aug 15 and payroll deposit on Aug 31. When can I expect to receive the bonus money? Thanks!
I opened my account beginning of July, made my bill payment mid July, my PAD went through on Aug 25, TD deposited my $300 on Sept 1.

Could be a week after your requirements have been met, or could be the first day of the next month?
Aug 12, 2014
58 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
agentzero wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 1:24 pm
I opened my account beginning of July, made my bill payment mid July, my PAD went through on Aug 25, TD deposited my $300 on Sept 1.

Could be a week after your requirements have been met, or could be the first day of the next month?
Thanks....does the recurring deposit has to show up twice a month to quality? The company does monthly deposit. Do I have to wait another month before it qualifies as recurring deposit?
Aug 27, 2017
17 posts
12 upvotes
kramed wrote:
Not OP, but when I went to close my account, they dinged me the full $15 monthly fee even though I had only gone under the balance in the previous few days. I didn't bother to argue over about $10 worth of fees when I was abusing their promo lol.
Jun 9, 2011
604 posts
17 upvotes
TORONTO
kramed wrote:
You have to keep your balance above the minimum deposit threshold end of day each day to not get charged a fee when you close your account.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6657 posts
2049 upvotes
Markham
ceptionin wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 3:06 pm
Not OP, but when I went to close my account, they dinged me the full $15 monthly fee even though I had only gone under the balance in the previous few days. I didn't bother to argue over about $10 worth of fees when I was abusing their promo lol.
For you to get the fee rebate, your end of day balance must be above the minimum for the entire period.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1707 posts
501 upvotes
Winnipeg
I opened the unlimited account and put the 4k in to avoid fees...but I didn't realize the all inclusive was only another 1k to be free.... I thought it was 6k for some reason....so I am kinda kicking myself for not opening that account to get all the additional perks. And you can't make any changes until you get the $300. Oh well.

I ended up opening some other accounts as well.
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Oct 22, 2015
420 posts
76 upvotes
Shawguy wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 7:05 pm
I opened the unlimited account and put the 4k in to avoid fees...but I didn't realize the all inclusive was only another 1k to be free.... I thought it was 6k for some reason....so I am kinda kicking myself for not opening that account to get all the additional perks. And you can't make any changes until you get the $300. Oh well.

I ended up opening some other accounts as well.
Did you open accounts online?
Do you know if you got credit check for bank account opening?
Apr 27, 2011
250 posts
13 upvotes
Edmonton
will you get dinged if you cancel after you get the money? or is it best to wait 6 months?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

eriknjorl, teston