Hot Deals

[TD Bank] Open TD All-Inclusive Account: $500 Bonus / No Province Restriction

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 8:19 pm
Aug 9, 2012
36 posts
1 upvote
OTTAWA
Thanks for your response. I keep some of my emergency funds in short term GICs so if ever I really need the money I can forego the interest for that year.

I do carry some cash on hand in my tangerine account which already avoids some of this account mentions. I’d mostly just want the sign up bonus but would be willing to hold the account as long as I don’t have to pay the fee. You bring up points to consider!
bylo wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 8:18 am
General answer: No.

It may be possible if you have a TD Relationship Manager. But to have one you'd need [IIRC] at least $1M in assets at TD. In that case keeping a balance of $5k wouldn't be an issue.

Do you have an emergency fund in an HISA? If so then the decision should hinge on the cost of foregone interest, i.e. the interest you'd earn in the HISA compared to the value you get from an All-In account.

If you don't have an emergency fund then perhaps you ought to consider creating one. Then revisit the decision about where to keep it.

And yes, if you keep the emergency fund in All-In and need to use it, you'll start paying $30/month until you get back to $5k. OTOH if you take a cash advance on a CC to handle the emergency you'll pay ~20% in interest. 20% on $5k is $83/month. That makes the All-In look even better.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
6984 posts
338 upvotes
York
Thanks OP will look into this
Feb 14, 2017
26 posts
16 upvotes
La Prairie, QC
margincall wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 5:14 pm
Bit the bullet and applied using the link in OP as I wasn't targeted.
Called in and CSR confirmed that the promotion has been applied to my account.
It's my first ever account with TD.
Did exactly the same thing; got denied of the offer because I'm not a existing TD customer and the offer is only for existing customers who don't have a checking account with TD. :(
Jan 27, 2007
522 posts
358 upvotes
Sleepyzz wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 1:06 am

- No Annual Fee for the first year for your choice of one of five select TD Credit Cards
I thought with this account, they waive the fee on their credit cards every year, not just the first year?
May 23, 2008
553 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
gbagrami wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 11:54 am
Did exactly the same thing; got denied of the offer because I'm not a existing TD customer and the offer is only for existing customers who don't have a checking account with TD. :(
I have Easyweb only with credit cards, no accounts or other services. I didn't receive an email. I checked the offers section of Easyweb and don't see this offer.

I take it I won't be "on the list" and won't get this?
Feb 13, 2011
715 posts
158 upvotes
Vancouver
I opened up an TD account in Dec 2015 to get the $300 offer, forgot if the bonus was deposited in 2016 (highly possible), I guess I'm not eligible?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
1506 posts
1101 upvotes
Oakville
gbagrami wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 11:54 am
I'm going to drop into the branch and confirm everything again before funding the account.
Jul 25, 2018
276 posts
568 upvotes
Milton, ON
Never been a TD customer but too much uncertainty regarding this promo so I'm going to pass.. Thanks for posting.
May 19, 2015
941 posts
364 upvotes
Centre of the Univer…
Call and was told I'm qualified however, I need to wait for an offer/mailer etc before I will get it :(
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️
Aug 17, 2006
91 posts
37 upvotes
Coquitlam BC
Excellent offer if it can be backed/verified with the exact T&C that you can print or PDF. Took advantage in Dec 2018 and got bonus Feb 2019.

If account created online, if you can get past the $3k etransfer per account limit (or if you have 2 different bank account) make sure you deposit $5k same day or more ($5030 to be safe) just in case the fee should kick in and get dinged for monthly fee the following month. But as long as done on same day you are good.

PAD from credit cards (eg. AMEX worked well; obvious others) works well; other utilities may take time to switch your existing bank account so maybe a delay.
Dec 1, 2016
168 posts
69 upvotes
Just chatted with TD and this is a targeted offer for existing TD Account holders that don't have a chequing account. To bad was hopping i could leave BMO :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1015 posts
366 upvotes
Waterloo
Just received my TD Aeroplan Infinite Visa a week ago and saw this RFD thread yesterday - today I walked into a branch and told them I had seen the offer on a Facebook ad and wanted to double check the terms.

They sat me down with an advisor who pulled up the promo with terms and conditions on his internal system and checked that I was eligible, then opened the chequing account for me with no issues.

I had to sit through the needs assessment but otherwise it was a smooth process, in and out of the branch in 30 minutes. The rep was also kind enough to print out the offer terms when I asked.
Jan 3, 2018
53 posts
14 upvotes
I am not a TD customer...so already booked an appointment with a branch near me for tomorrow. If they offer me this promo, then will switch from BMO to TD Bank else gonna stick with BMO for few more months.
Just ask the question...don't worry what people will think...they are the same idiots who made you ask this question !!!
Nov 3, 2012
43 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal
How long does the 5000$ have to remain in the account before I can get the 500$? Can I just withdraw all of it and close the account once I receive the bonus?

Apologies if it has already been answered in this thread!
Dec 6, 2013
634 posts
222 upvotes
Ontario
Say yes to $500!

Start by opening a new TD All-Inclusive Banking Plan by April 30, 2019.1

Start experiencing all the benefits of secure, unlimited banking.
You could get more with a TD All-Inclusive Banking Plan with all these benefits.
No monthly fee if you have $5,000 at the end of each day
No TD Fee at any ATM worldwide2
Unlimited transactions3 like withdrawals and debit card purchases
Free to send money using Interac e-Transfer®
No Annual Fee for the first year for your choice of one of five select TD Credit Cards4
With TD Fraud Alerts, suspicious transactions on your TD Access Card can be blocked and unblocked in real time5
Free small Safety Deposit Box, personalized cheques, certified cheques and money orders6

Here’s how to get $500:
Please note you must have received this targeted offer via e-mail or mail to be eligible.

1. Open a new TD All-Inclusive Banking Plan by April 30, 2019

2. Put your account to work

Complete any two of the following with your new account:

Recurring Direct Deposit
Set up a recurring Direct Deposit from your employer, pension provider or the government, with the first deposit posted before June 14, 2019.

Online Bill Payment
Make an Online Bill Payment through EasyWeb or the TD app, minimum $50 before June 14, 2019.

Recurring Pre-Authorized Debit
Set up a recurring Pre-Authorized Debit, minimum $50, with the first pre-authorized debit posted before June 14, 2019.

Legal

1 The $500 cash offer is available to Canadian residents that are the age of majority on March 11, 2019, in their province or territory who:

(a) Receive this targeted offer via e-mail or mail;
(b) Open a TD All-Inclusive Banking Plan account by April 30, 2019 (the "New Account"); and
(c) Complete any two of the following with the New Account:

Set up a Recurring Direct Deposit from their employer, pension provider or the Government with the first deposit posted to the New Account before June 14, 2019. The Direct Deposit must occur either weekly, biweekly, monthly or twice per month;
Make an Online Bill Payment through EasyWeb or the TD app, minimum $50 before June 14, 2019;
Set up a Recurring Pre-Authorized Debit, minimum $50 with the first pre-authorized debit posted to the New Account before June 14, 2019. The Pre-Authorized Debit must occur either weekly, biweekly, monthly or twice per month.
Whether or not a Recurring Direct Deposit is acceptable for this offer is subject to our approval.

The following individuals are not eligible for the $500 cash offer:

Already have a TD chequing account or Youth Account or had either one of these accounts that was closed on or after March 10, 2018; or
Received any chequing account offer from TD in 2016, 2017, 2018; or
Are TD staff members or joint with a TD staff member

For any New Account that is a joint account, at least one account holder on the New Account must meet the eligibility requirements. Limit of one $500 cash offer per customer per New Account. The New Account must still be open, in good standing, with all conditions continuing to be met when the $500 is deposited to the New Account. The monthly fee for the New Account cannot have been waived or rebated for any reason, other than maintaining the minimum monthly balance or receiving a seniors’ rebate, and the type of account cannot have changed, before the $500 is deposited to the New Account. The $500 will be deposited to the New Account within 12 weeks after all conditions have been met. We can change, extend or withdraw the $500 cash offer at any time, and it cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount for the same product. If multiple cash offers are received during this promotion, we will honour the highest value offer provided the applicable offer conditions have been met. All amounts are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise noted. Other conditions may apply.

2 You may pay a fee to the ATM provider, and for foreign currency withdrawals at an ATM outside of Canada, you will pay the foreign exchange related fee.

3 For more information about transactions and a complete list of account fees, click here for Account and Other related Services Fees.

4 Subject to credit approval. Annual Fee rebate applies only for the Primary Cardholder of one of the following new (to you) TD Credit Cards – TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card, TD® Aeroplan® Visa Platinum* Card, TD First Class Travel® Visa Infinite* Card, TD Platinum Travel Visa* Card or TD Cash Back Visa Infinite* Card, and for one Authorized User Card for the same TD Credit Card Account for as long as the All-Inclusive account remains open and in good standing. All other fees and charges applicable to the selected and approved TD Credit Card Account continue to apply.

5 You are responsible for ensuring the mobile phone number we have on file is accurate and notifying us of any changes. We will send the TD Fraud Alert text message instantly upon detection of suspicious activity; however, receipt of the text message may be delayed or prevented due to a variety of factors such as technology failures, service outages, multiple third party involvement. TD Fraud Alert text messages will only be sent to customers who have a Canadian mobile phone number and a Canadian mailing address in their TD customer profile.

6 Subject to availability, a value of $60.00 annually.

:cool: