Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] Open TD All-Inclusive Account: $500 Bonus / No Province Restriction

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2019 10:20 am
Oct 27, 2006
707 posts
92 upvotes
TBH, way better than RBC's $300 promo, which they seemed to have copied from TD's previous promo of $300.
Perfect timing as tax season is here! Direct deposit to the account, pay a CC that's $50 or more - just like that!
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1226 posts
650 upvotes
As far as I can tell there's no 12 month minimum to keep this account opened.

Can anyone confirm?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
4893 posts
3309 upvotes
Calgary
JoelK22976 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 12:26 pm
Never been a TD customer but too much uncertainty regarding this promo so I'm going to pass.. Thanks for posting.
You aren’t eligible.lol
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
16614 posts
8974 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
porksoda wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 1:25 am
so whats the easiest way to know you are eligible.
Wait for the targeted email to hit your inbox.
veni, vidi, Visa
Oct 13, 2017
150 posts
224 upvotes
Halifax
porksoda wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 1:25 am
so whats the easiest way to know you are eligible. Open the account and contact them or?
Call and ask them if you are eligible for the $500 offer. By now, most CSR are aware of the promo as it has proven to be popular
Jul 25, 2018
682 posts
1026 upvotes
Milton, ON
SammyDavis wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 11:59 pm
You aren’t eligible.lol
When I posted, some people reported that CSRs confirmed they were eligible despite not meeting T&Cs. But based on the majority of responses, this offer appears to only be available to TD customers without a chequing account.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1259 posts
586 upvotes
Hamilton
skwan wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 10:08 pm
TBH, way better than RBC's $300 promo, which they seemed to have copied from TD's previous promo of $300.
Perfect timing as tax season is here! Direct deposit to the account, pay a CC that's $50 or more - just like that!
Long time TD all in account holder and was thinking to open another one but no incentive hence no new account :( Maybe RBC will match this offer and I may give it a try, looking forward to it :)
Oct 15, 2018
9 posts
Went to the bank yesterday, never have any account with them. They said there is no offer like that! ...so disappointed.
or maybe it is only for someone has the email.

Not sure if I started to open a saving account, should I receive the email later though?
XOXO
Nov 7, 2014
57 posts
19 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Talked with my branch rep about the offer, he asked the branch manager and like many have said, this offer is only for targeted customers. He even challenged the branch manager by showing the public ad. Have about 100K investments with TD (no chequing account), it's a no go.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11161 posts
7721 upvotes
South Pole
HamsiBrain wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 8:24 am
Long time TD all in account holder and was thinking to open another one but no incentive hence no new account :( Maybe RBC will match this offer and I may give it a try, looking forward to it :)
They won't. Wait for RBC to launch their next promo.
FenZ70489 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 11:47 am
Went to the bank yesterday, never have any account with them. They said there is no offer like that! ...so disappointed.
or maybe it is only for someone has the email.

Not sure if I started to open a saving account, should I receive the email later though?
Definitely get a cheesy savings account at TD CT. That or one of their credit cards. TD FCT and TD API are at historic highs for WB's.

I got the targetted offer for chq account after getting savings account and CC's.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3333 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
Can't take advantage, but a great deal none the less. Upvoted!
Dec 1, 2016
461 posts
341 upvotes
If i apply for the TD 1st Class CC would i get an email too or do you guys think it will be all over before i get the card?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
1890 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
My understanding is for this account, the daily minimum balance is $5000 for the monthly fees to be waived. When you open a new account, how much would they give you to deposit $5000 before the monthly fee kicks in?
Apr 19, 2015
17 posts
6 upvotes
Northern Ontario, ON
I got this deal 2 years ago and I am hooked. I just keep $5000 at least and TD aeroplan visa is annual fee free, then I don't have to pay for expensive travel insurance for me and my family. For medical insurance, you don't even have to buy air tkt. For other insurance you have to pay for the air tkt/rental car cost/hotel. But it is verrrrry complicated like your kids are covered for most of insurance but not for trip cxx/interruption if you or your spouse is not travelling w kid/s...Some insurance you don't have to travel with kid/s to be covered. I have to read the small print many many times to understand. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. But anyway this deal saved me a lot of money even if no interest is paid. Another benefit of visa card is one annual one time guest access to air canada maple leaf lounge when you redeem Aeroplan miles for flight. It is not relevant but I also love the Canadian tire Triangle card which comes with roadside assistance from Canadian tire free! I used to pay 100 for one car, sometimes $160? for 2 cars annually for many years! (I often missed the 50% off deal) I got this deal with $300 but $500 is great!! It is totally worth it!! (TD is not my main bank though)
All should end well. If not well, it is not the ending.