Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD Bank

Targeted, Cash Back Visa Infinite, 9% first 3 months, FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2018 11:00 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3039 posts
1638 upvotes
ON
Has TD efunds account and online banking.
no other account.
Didn't get invitation.
Applied use OP's link.
Got the card yesterday.
called in and was confirmed first year free.
Bought groceries yesterday and got 9% cash back.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
rivet wrote: Is Paypower card available in the Metro or Food Basic stores in Ottawa? Don't recall seeing it or maybe I never pay attention to that.
Order them online. Can definitely reload in Ottawa.
MrBigNose wrote: Has TD efunds account and online banking.
no other account.
Didn't get invitation.
Applied use OP's link.
Got the card yesterday.
+1
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
7479 posts
1467 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks, finally find the Paypower card at Metro, now it states there is a 4.95$ monthly maintenance fee, anyone know what is that means, are they charging you 4.95 if you do not use all your balance in a month?
Jun 10, 2015
272 posts
89 upvotes
Canada
no other account.
Didn't get invitation.
Applied use OP's link.
Got the card yesterday.
Thanks for letting me know. I will go ahead and use the link to do an online application, Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
the original offer expired June 30 correct? They extended to July 16?

Hopefully they extend till end of July, I cancelled my card end of January...
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
rivet wrote: Thanks, finally find the Paypower card at Metro, now it states there is a 4.95$ monthly maintenance fee, anyone know what is that means, are they charging you 4.95 if you do not use all your balance in a month?
They charge you $4.95/month after the "expiry date" on the card.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
greg123 wrote: the original offer expired June 30 correct? They extended to July 16?

Hopefully they extend till end of July, I cancelled my card end of January...
You should be ok to apply right away. It's only for WB on their travel cards that you must lapse holding the card for minimum six months. For TD CBI, you must only lapse applying for the card by six months. You can have two TD CBI at a time.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
2147 posts
959 upvotes
no other account.
Didn't get invitation.
Applied use OP's link.
Got the card yesterday.
This is encouraging, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger as well using the link in the OP. Got instantly approved, so will try to spend $1 on the card at a grocery store when it arrives, and if I do not get 9% CB will call and cancel the card right away.

Now, it'd be nice to hear from people who applied via the link in the OP but did NOT get the 9% CB.. am wondering what my chances are.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3039 posts
1638 upvotes
ON
mbmbkop wrote: This is encouraging, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger as well using the link in the OP. Got instantly approved, so will try to spend $1 on the card at a grocery store when it arrives, and if I do not get 9% CB will call and cancel the card right away.

Now, it'd be nice to hear from people who applied via the link in the OP but did NOT get the 9% CB.. am wondering what my chances are.
You don't need to spend $1 on the card. When you receive the card, call to ask them if there's first year free (FYF) for you. If you don't have FYF, just cancel the card without activating it. If it's FYF, you must have 9% cash back.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
2147 posts
959 upvotes
MrBigNose wrote: You don't need to spend $1 on the card. When you receive the card, call to ask them if there's first year free (FYF) for you. If you don't have FYF, just cancel the card without activating it. If it's FYF, you must have 9% cash back.
Yeah, but I almost never trust what CSRs say and so I'll want to test that $1 purchase irrespectively of what they say over the phone. Hence, no reason to call them to begin with. :)
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
mbmbkop wrote: Yeah, but I almost never trust what CSRs say and so I'll want to test that $1 purchase irrespectively of what they say over the phone. Hence, no reason to call them to begin with. :)

I'd verify promo with customer service before starting to spend on the card.

Trust them or not, but if it's not the promo you expected, get them to promise to honour the promo, and then call in later to apply adjustments if need be.

Edit: @mbmbkop I "downvoted" your suggestion because I don't think it's a good idea.
Dec 25, 2017
178 posts
219 upvotes
Still working on the $3500, already spent $2900 in grocery category, almost there. Loaded grocery GC for the next half year.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
titaniumtux wrote: You should be ok to apply right away. It's only for WB on their travel cards that you must lapse holding the card for minimum six months. For TD CBI, you must only lapse applying for the card by six months. You can have two TD CBI at a time.
Thanks for the info!

What's WB?

So for Aeroplan and First travel bonus one have to wait 6 month from cancellation to receive it again, which the Cashback card is 6 month from date of application? I'm assuming it is the same for product switching vs new signups? I signed up for CB last Aug, then this Jan product switched to Aeroplan, then FT.

I can hold two Cashback cards at the same time?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
the offer on TD's website is 6% apply by August 27 vs op's link 9% by July... wonder if I product switch to the Cb card which offer the rep will give me?

9% on
(i) Purchases of gas or gas station services or products ("Gas Purchases");
(ii) Purchases of groceries or grocery items ("Grocery Purchases"); and
(iii) Each $1.00 in recurring bill payments set up on your Account ("Pre-Authorized Payments").

Anyone tried setting CRA or property taxes as recurring bill payments and get the 9%? If I owed say $3000, can I just set the payment to $3000 monthly then cancel after the 1st payment?
Aug 24, 2003
99 posts
19 upvotes
Called customer service last night to try to get the promotion.
Told me that the promotion did not show on my account. So basically 6% for first 3 months and no FYF.
He told me that I instantly qualified for the card and stated my qualifying credit limit value.
Pushed for the 9% and FYF, but he said he could do nothing.
I do the majority of my banking through TD + mortgage.

Nada.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
greg123 wrote: Thanks for the info!

What's WB?

So for Aeroplan and First travel bonus one have to wait 6 month from cancellation to receive it again, which the Cashback card is 6 month from date of application? I'm assuming it is the same for product switching vs new signups? I signed up for CB last Aug, then this Jan product switched to Aeroplan, then FT.

I can hold two Cashback cards at the same time?
WB=Welcome Bonus. Check out sticky thread in credit cards.

What you posted is correct.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5709 posts
2278 upvotes
greg123 wrote: the offer on TD's website is 6% apply by August 27 vs op's link 9% by July... wonder if I product switch to the Cb card which offer the rep will give me?

9% on
(i) Purchases of gas or gas station services or products ("Gas Purchases");
(ii) Purchases of groceries or grocery items ("Grocery Purchases"); and
(iii) Each $1.00 in recurring bill payments set up on your Account ("Pre-Authorized Payments").

Anyone tried setting CRA or property taxes as recurring bill payments and get the 9%? If I owed say $3000, can I just set the payment to $3000 monthly then cancel after the 1st payment?
Preauthorized debit is not the same as PAP...

CRA draws from your bank account, they don't take CC payments, not including PayTM or things like that but those charge service fees and still aren't PAP.
Journie: Use my promo code JR-ColinTOUM during registration, and you’ll automatically save 2¢/ L on your next fill-up. (Full disclosure: Once you do, I get a discount, too!)
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3039 posts
1638 upvotes
ON
jesterj wrote: Called customer service last night to try to get the promotion.
Told me that the promotion did not show on my account. So basically 6% for first 3 months and no FYF.
He told me that I instantly qualified for the card and stated my qualifying credit limit value.
Pushed for the 9% and FYF, but he said he could do nothing.
I do the majority of my banking through TD + mortgage.

Nada.
applied online.
Jun 15, 2015
201 posts
75 upvotes
Winnipeg
anyone buy paypower mc successfully?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1912 posts
1314 upvotes
Mississauga
Carrytel recurring bill payemnt counts for 1% only - is anyone experiencing the same?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)