Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD Bank

TD $300 chequing account offer is back - Extended till Oct 31st

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2020 6:46 pm
Apr 13, 2016
547 posts
357 upvotes
confirmed that I met the conditions of the bonus early Nov but still waiting for it to come in
Jan 22, 2008
90 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
Don't know if it's a coincidence, but a couple of days after asking about the bonus, I just received the "$300 well earned" email.
Jan 14, 2008
307 posts
152 upvotes
Thanks. I did this and they confirmed I met the requirements so hopefully will getting the bonus soon!
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4586 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jimboski wrote: Nov 15th deadline is for the original deal which started in June. It's now December 27th.
Is this deal still available @Jimboski ? I don't see the new deadline extended to Dec 27th.
Apr 13, 2016
547 posts
357 upvotes
$300 well earned email was received a while ago, still waiting for the bonus to come in
Jan 22, 2008
90 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
redflag0 wrote: $300 well earned email was received a while ago, still waiting for the bonus to come in
Same. Nine days since the email so far and no bonus.
Jan 22, 2008
90 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
bazzz wrote: Same. Nine days since the email so far and no bonus.
Got my $300 today. Do they have a pattern of depositing the bonus on Fridays?
Jan 14, 2008
307 posts
152 upvotes
Got my $300 today as well. What's the process for closing the account?
Jan 22, 2008
90 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
mr_eko wrote: Got my $300 today as well. What's the process for closing the account?
Send a secure message clearly stating the account that you want to be closed. My account was closed within two hours of sending the message. First, I transferred the balance of the chequing account into the Every Day Savings account I opened at the start. I've set up a pull from Simplii to drain that in a couple of days.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3637 posts
1646 upvotes
bazzz wrote: Send a secure message clearly stating the account that you want to be closed. My account was closed within two hours of sending the message. First, I transferred the balance of the chequing account into the Every Day Savings account I opened at the start. I've set up a pull from Simplii to drain that in a couple of days.
Do I need to wait for 90 days since account opening to close the account, otherwise td will charge me $15?
Jan 20, 2013
480 posts
269 upvotes
So the minimum balance at the end of each day, required to have the monthly fee waived is $4,000.

If I want to cancel my account... how do I cancel it, while simultaneously transferring out all money first? The max Interac e-transfer in 24 hours is $3,000. I have this TD account linked to another, but if I initiate a transfer, it tends to take a few business days to be available in the destination account.

Anyone see my dilemma here? Anyone know how I can cancel the account, without having to pay the monthly fee from falling below a $4k balance?