Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD Bank

TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite - First-year Free + 30,000 points

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2021 11:47 pm
Nov 25, 2012
408 posts
1074 upvotes
North York
New promotion for this card now. Seems pretty good IMO
Apply by May 31, 2020 to get an Annual Fee Rebate1 for the Primary and 1st Additional Cardholder for the first year and earn up to 30,000 Aeroplan Miles (equivalent to 2 economy short-haul roundtrip flight rewards)1 as follows:
Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles when you make your first Purchase with your card.
5,000 Aeroplan Miles in each of the first 3 months when you spend a minimum of $1000 per month, up to a total of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles.
Feb 12, 2020
406 posts
597 upvotes
lightroller wrote: seems to be exactly the same as before, am I missing something
FYF on the additional card
This time it is all or nothing on the monthly MSR. If you don't spend $1000 per month, you will not get the bonus 5000. points. Previously there was a multiplier that they put on your spending.
Jan 6, 2015
94 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto, ON
When do you see the welcome bonus reflect on your Aeroplan account? I had my first purchase on Feb 28th but i do not see the 15k bonus yet.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
Agapitogwapito wrote: When do you see the welcome bonus reflect on your Aeroplan account? I had my first purchase on Feb 28th but i do not see the 15k bonus yet.
On first generated statement
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1095 upvotes
I am sure this question has been asked before and it's buried somewhere but...

The $1000/month spend...from what date? activation? application? billing cycle?
Jun 11, 2015
207 posts
245 upvotes
Ontario
Most DP s I've seen indicate from Activation, not on billing cycle. TD rep on the phone said the same.
Feb 12, 2020
406 posts
597 upvotes
picklefingers wrote: Most DP s I've seen indicate from Activation, not on billing cycle. TD rep on the phone said the same.
Incorrect. It's from approval date.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1095 upvotes
applied and approved mar 1. i hope the card doesnt get to me on mar 28 or something.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
Seks wrote: applied and approved mar 1. i hope the card doesnt get to me on mar 28 or something.
You should already see the new Visa card account at your TD EasyWeb accounts summary page.
Card will take about 7 business days from approval, so it should be in your mailbox before the end of this week.

If you want to be pre-emptive, give TD and ask if it's being delivered to your home (and not say to a branch nearby).
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1095 upvotes
ya i did notice the card in my acct summary past mon or tues.

i am assuming it will go straight to my mailing address since i dont recall any thing on the application about having the option to send to a nearby branch.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29135 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Seks wrote: i am assuming it will go straight to my mailing address since i dont recall any thing on the application about having the option to send to a nearby branch.
Don't "assume." I made that mistake. My card didn't arrive in the mail as I "assumed." Fortunately I was at my branch a week later and asked if they knew what happened to my card. It was there waiting pickup because they needed to verify my identity (despite being known at that branch for over 15 years.) It never occurred to anyone to call me or send me an email.

That ID check seems to be random, but if it happens to you, you'll need photo ID like DL to get your card.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3812 posts
4200 upvotes
Mordor
bylo wrote: Don't "assume." I made that mistake. My card didn't arrive in the mail as I "assumed." Fortunately I was at my branch a week later and asked if they knew what happened to my card. It was there waiting pickup because they needed to verify my identity (despite being known at that branch for over 15 years.) It never occurred to anyone to call me or send me an email.

That ID check seems to be random, but if it happens to you, you'll need photo ID like DL to get your card.
It shows whether u have to go to the branch or not in the confirmation page
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29135 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ShadowMordor wrote: It shows whether u have to go to the branch or not in the confirmation page
That must be new. When I applied for this card a year ago the confirmation said I'd get my card in the mail. Normally I would have phoned the 1-800 to report the card as lost, but since I was at the branch anyway I decided to ask at the info desk. I was rather surprised that they had it. Then I was surprised when they wanted to see my ID. My Access Card wasn't enough. It had to be photo-ID.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3812 posts
4200 upvotes
Mordor
bylo wrote: That must be new. When I applied for this card a year ago the confirmation said I'd get my card in the mail. Normally I would have phoned the 1-800 to report the card as lost, but since I was at the branch anyway I decided to ask at the info desk. I was rather surprised that they had it. Then I was surprised when they wanted to see my ID. My Access Card wasn't enough. It had to be photo-ID.
yes, i think its new too but i am glad they are more explicit now in the final approval screen.

you will either get:
"your new card will arrive at your branch in 7-10 business days. please bring two pieces of valid government-issued id for pick up......" it will follow by the branch where the card will arrive at
OR
"your card is in the mail and should arrive in 7-10 business days."
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1095 upvotes
picklefingers wrote: Most DP s I've seen indicate from Activation, not on billing cycle. TD rep on the phone said the same.
junggoo wrote: Incorrect. It's from approval date.
I just got off the phone with TD and agent said that it got sent to my house. So still waiting for it.

I asked about the $1000/month spend and she said it's per billing cycle.

So don't know who is right or who is wrong.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6416 posts
7004 upvotes
GTA
Seks wrote: I just got off the phone with TD and agent said that it got sent to my house. So still waiting for it.

I asked about the $1000/month spend and she said it's per billing cycle.

So don't know who is right or who is wrong.
If it's per billing cycle and your 1st statement is really short, then you would miss out on your 1st month.

I would use Approval Date; however, would still plan purchases on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Statements to line up with the '1 month period' overlapping within each Statement, if that makes any sense?
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1095 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: If it's per billing cycle and your 1st statement is really short, then you would miss out on your 1st month.

I would use Approval Date; however, would still plan purchases on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Statements to line up with the '1 month period' overlapping within each Statement, if that makes any sense?
I applied Mar 1 and was approved instantly online. She said my billing cycle is 10th.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6416 posts
7004 upvotes
GTA
Seks wrote: I applied Mar 1 and was approved instantly online. She said my billing cycle is 10th.
Ok, if
Stmt #1 Mch 1 - 10th
Stmt #2 Mch 11 - Apr 10
Stmt #3 Apr 11 - May 10
Stmt #4 May 11 - Jun 10

Your
Mth #1 Mch 1 - 31 *
Mth #2 Apr 1 - 30 *
Mth #3 May 1 - 31 *

Once you receive card, spend accordingly in Stmt #2,3,4 for Mth #1,2,3

Makes sense?

Edit: * for you @Seks only as it just so happens your month is a 'calendar month' 1st to end since Approval Date is 1st; for others, plug in your dates accordingly, based on Approval Date/day of the month
Last edited by mzmoney on Mar 11th, 2020 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 17, 2017
169 posts
76 upvotes
BC
I suppose the safest bet would be to spend during the overlap between approval and activation that is the 1st, 2nd and 3rd month, no matter which way you count it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)