Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD Bank

[TD] Earn up to 2,000 Aeroplan Miles with a TD Insurance quote

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2017 1:32 pm
Apr 20, 2017
616 posts
428 upvotes
asifnana wrote: Yep you can get as much Aeromills as you want........
Thanks. Will give it a try.
Jan 30, 2016
111 posts
29 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Regardless of this, i actually needed an insurance yesterday morning and called them. After 35 minutes of waiting on the line and dealing with an incompetent advisor, they were not even close to finish filling out my demand... told them to call me later and better prepared to make it quick, called my old broker, done deal in 10 minutes, didn't answer back to TD.

I might try again if I'm shopping for a more expensive insurance (i pay $150/year for the motorcycle), but that wasn't a great experience at all.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
3638 posts
3016 upvotes
Toronto
fruzmatik wrote: Always LOL when people use Aeroplan for gift cards.

But if you don't travel...why not?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1394 posts
783 upvotes
fruzmatik wrote: Always LOL when people use Aeroplan for gift cards.
I've used points for flights, but that means you're still spending on taxes and fees. So the flight value might be a bit better per point reducing your cost by 65% perhaps, but what you buy with a gift card is 100% free.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
I didn't even know about this, actually called them cuz I needed a quote, they kept me on hold for 40 mins so I hanged up. Guess people are abusing them for the points... This is making them look bad...
Jun 15, 2001
552 posts
354 upvotes
T.O.
I filled out the form yesterday with no intention of calling an adviser. Today I get a call from TD Insurance following up on the quote and wondering if they could go proceed. I told them I was still investigating other quotes. I wonder if that qualifies me for the additional 1000 AP's ?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
2916 posts
4472 upvotes
West
jbfd wrote: I'm in BC. All I want is a quote for car insurance.
This is the message I get..

Certain situations require the expertise of our insurance professionals. Unfortunately, we currently do not provide online quotes for this product to residents of your province or territory.

Please call us at 1-888-791-5346 and we will be pleased to assist you.
Four letters. ICBC. Make up an address in a different province.
May 9, 2014
41 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP! In BC, auto insurance is only through the provincial ICBC program. So TD quote was only given for home insurance. 1000 points earned for online + calling in for home quote.
American Express Gold (30K) | American Express Business Gold (40K) | American Express Business Platinum (75K)
BMO World Elite Mastercard (Primary Card)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3926 upvotes
Toronto and London
I am an insurance member and I didn't get the miles back when I signed up in the spring. I called in and they applied 1000 miles to my account so worth a shot.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1913 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
Grrrrr. I clicked, thinking of 20,000 points
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1912 posts
1314 upvotes
Mississauga
mikimoto wrote: I already have the auto and home insurance from TD. Am I still eligible to get Aeromills?
Terms and conditions:
Members requesting a quote for a product they already hold with TD Insurance are not eligible to receive this offer.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
Darn, I already got it in May when they were running 500+500 miles. I don't think I can do that again, because I already renewed my home insurance with somebody else in June?
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Dec 5, 2015
765 posts
926 upvotes
Verdun, QC
max88 wrote: Grrrrr. I clicked, thinking of 20,000 points
Damn that would be crazy... I wish.
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
I guess you are still eligible even if you did this last time they offered it a few months ago?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Does aeroplan member name have to match name on the quote?
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
RolandCouch wrote: I guess you are still eligible even if you did this last time they offered it a few months ago?
Anyone know???
Feb 6, 2015
39 posts
6 upvotes
Hmm somehow i just did it and they gave me only 500 miles upon completing the quote
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2827 posts
989 upvotes
GTA
wcy412 wrote: Hmm somehow i just did it and they gave me only 500 miles upon completing the quote
After the quote there's an option to speak with a rep to earn another 500. You also earn 500 for doing the home insurance. After the quote there's an option to speak to a rep to earn another 500 for a total of up to 2000. My best guess is most did the home and auto insurance only to get 1k in points like I did.
Jun 9, 2006
574 posts
81 upvotes
for those who did the online quote, were your aeroplan points deposited right away?
I've been waiting several weeks and no points.
Aug 6, 2014
145 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
PCalvin wrote: for those who did the online quote, were your aeroplan points deposited right away?
I've been waiting several weeks and no points.
Same here, I did it pretty early in August, and no points yet. The FAQ says to contact them after 8 weeks, but that seems unusually long.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)