Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
2508 posts
2648 upvotes
Montreal
khaled1177 wrote:
@[efrant] when you applied for VI and the VIP how long you waited between applications? did you get one or two credit hit?
thanks
I think it was about four days between. I applied for one while I was logged into my EasyWeb account, and it didn't seem to generate a hard pull, but I can't be sure. I applied for the second, but the online application errored out, so I called in. I ended up getting only one hard pull for both applications, but I'm not sure if it's because I called in for one of the applications or not.
May 24, 2017
47 posts
37 upvotes
Edmonton, ab
How quick does the card come in after applying? Trying to get one before the end of the year so I can use the 400$ off expediafortd coupon and get some nice points to make it even cheaper :) but thats only 8 days from now

edit: applied, approved instantly online, called in and theyre shipping the card express (1-2 business days) to the closest local branch. :)
Jun 4, 2015
37 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Arrow wrote: Did a product switch to this card on Nov 30th.

Got the initial 20000 point bonus, but all of my purchases are just earning their regular points (no bonus points).
I've noticed the same thing. Anyone know what's going on with this or is it normal to take longer to post these bonus (5x) points? Thanks.

Update: called VISA, they said it can take up to 8 weeks to post bonus points other than initial 20k. Call back if there's a problem. He did initially quote the wrong promotion, saying that it was 80k points for 5k spend in first 90 days. I corrected him, and he did find the one I actually signed up for (3 months, 5x up to 20k per month). He also confirmed that the date of activation is when the first month starts (not first transaction or date you receive the card). This is whatever shows up as the earliest date on your online banking.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1409 posts
1215 upvotes
GTA
digitalatlas wrote: I've noticed the same thing. Anyone know what's going on with this or is it normal to take longer to post these bonus (5x) points? Thanks.

Update: called VISA, they said it can take up to 8 weeks to post bonus points other than initial 20k. Call back if there's a problem. He did initially quote the wrong promotion, saying that it was 80k points for 5k spend in first 90 days. I corrected him, and he did find the one I actually signed up for (3 months, 5x up to 20k per month). He also confirmed that the date of activation is when the first month starts (not first transaction or date you receive the card). This is whatever shows up as the earliest date on your online banking.
Am not sure why TD reps keep quoting 'date of activation' vs 'card approval date' ...

Understand this is a 3 month 'monthly' promo, however, clock always starts on approval date vs when you receive and activate card.
Jun 4, 2015
37 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
mzmoney wrote: Am not sure why TD reps keep quoting 'date of activation' vs 'card approval date' ...

Understand this is a 3 month 'monthly' promo, however, clock always starts on approval date vs when you receive and activate card.
To be fair, "activation" is my word. He said it was the first date that showed up on Easyweb, which is likely the approval date, not the day I activated the card.

So online, it shows Dec 5 to Dec 18 as the first statement period. I assume Dec 18 to Jan 18 is going to be the next period. However, does this mean that it's actually not 3 months, and it's the 3 statement periods meaning less than 3 months total? Or is it 3 full months Dec 5 to Mar 5?

Anyone who's done this able to confirm whether it's 3 statement periods or 3 months? It's supposed to take up to 8 weeks to post the bonus promotional points.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1409 posts
1215 upvotes
GTA
digitalatlas wrote: To be fair, "activation" is my word. He said it was the first date that showed up on Easyweb, which is likely the approval date, not the day I activated the card.

So online, it shows Dec 5 to Dec 18 as the first statement period. I assume Dec 18 to Jan 18 is going to be the next period. However, does this mean that it's actually not 3 months, and it's the 3 statement periods meaning less than 3 months total? Or is it 3 full months Dec 5 to Mar 5?

Anyone who's done this able to confirm whether it's 3 statement periods or 3 months? It's supposed to take up to 8 weeks to post the bonus promotional points.

Thanks
Spoke to a TD CC Rep ... confirmed 'approval date' is the start date + 30 days for month 2 and +30 days for month 3.

If you received 'Your Application Has Been Approved', I would use that day.

If you received 'Pending Approval', I would call in and ask for 'Approval Date'.

However, it's another question as to whether their back end system will track dates correctly.

If you're concerned, just call and confirm your specific dates. We have always used 'Approval Date' as the date when the clock starts ticking.

Having said that, this 'monthly'requirement does mess up things, as you can't just quickly meet the minimum spend.

Also, have you seen any of the multiplier points yet on your purchases, or still only 3x (vs 15x total) ... If it doesn't show up right away, how can you tell if you maxed out for the month to 20k TD Points x 3?
Jul 22, 2019
539 posts
513 upvotes
Can someone confirm how much I have to spend in 3 months. The OP first page says $10,000 in 3 months! That's crazy. But when I calculate it, 20,000 points MAX per month divided by 15, I get $1,333. So i just have to spend $1,333 for 3 months?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1409 posts
1215 upvotes
GTA
simplypop wrote: Can someone confirm how much I have to spend in 3 months. The OP first page says $10,000 in 3 months! That's crazy. But when I calculate it, 20,000 points MAX per month divided by 15, I get $1,333. So i just have to spend $1,333 for 3 months?
That's correct $1,333.33 per month on non travel spend ... this is an expired thread, with previous offer.