• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2012 10:36 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 31, 2011
6 posts
I'm currently in the process of switching from CIBC to TD. Their customer service has been top notch so far and I really do appreciate that my branch is open 7 days a week because I don't have time to go to the bank during the week when I'm working.

CIBC never really did anything to alienate me but the Select Service checking account is far better value than any of CIBC's offerings (IMO). CIBC has a better savings account (eAdvantage) but it's a non-issue as my main savings account is now with ING. Also TD EasyWeb integrates nicely with my TDW account.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
2414 posts
194 upvotes
Calgary
Manatus wrote:
Jan 21st, 2012 6:37 pm
Because people are reading this thread for the first time and believing information that was true 7 years ago. I mean who cares what bank had good service in 2005, tons of stuff has changed since then. It's a waste of time if you don't instantly notice the date, and take your time to read the whole thread before commenting (which people should do), or even worse if you come here for advice and end up following bad advice because it is so outdated. What's wrong if there are a bunch of similar threads, if they're all 20+ pages back where no one will ever read them or know that they exist? Not like it's costing YPG too much money in storage. It's just not relevant information anymore.

Then eliminate threads you consider obsolete and start new one every day. I would go for that. Maybe every hour or so...

Maybe you have not notices, but every post has a date and time.... I almost did not read yours as it was no longer relevant.
Apr 7, 2011
32 posts
4 upvotes
Kemptville
Headhunter wrote:
Jan 1st, 2005 4:19 pm
I'm with RBC, feel the same way, but neither TD nor CIBC look too appealing.

I like TD, and pay no fees there, and have not for many years. It can take a little longer than I would like to get an appointment with their financial people when you want to buy a cd, or other investment -- sometimes a week. The staff are very friendly, and they have a comfortable place to sit. They even have free coffee from time to time. I would say they are very competent. I cannot say the same for CIBC, or BMO. BMO is very unfriendly, no place to sit at all. This can be an issue if you are a senior. CIBC just seems to make a lot of mistakes with small clerical items that are annoying. It has been many years since I delt with them. TD usually offers better rates on CD's and term deposits if you ask. About 30 years ago, I switched to TD when BMO would not offer me the same rate on a CD for my RRSP as TD. I moved the entire account there, and have been there ever since. I also have accounts at RBC, and have always found them to be very polite, and efficient. Their hours are not as convenient, so I keep my checking and personal banking at TD.
× < >