Personal Finance

TD - Bonus of 250$ from opening a Select Service account...

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2012 1:33 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1351 posts
377 upvotes
dealhunt wrote:
Oct 7th, 2012 1:43 am
So it is offical, I got a voicemail when I got home today, they are denying me the $250 bonus "because the fee was waived on your Select Service account because you kept the $5000 in there, they are not willing to credit it the $250". Grrrrrrrrr...

Pondering my next move... any suggestions? One thing is clear though, whether I get the bonus through fighting or just giving up on this, I am closing everything at TD... they've lost me as a customer!
A lil confused, why would you be denied if they had the fee waived? I opened an account, put the 5k in, did the bill payments and payroll and there was absolutely no problems.
:idea: :idea: Las Vegas Hotel & Shows 30%-70% Off - MyCheapVegas.com :idea: :idea:

:idea: :idea: Or need help planning your Las Vegas trip, send me a pm. :idea: :idea:
Feb 11, 2004
260 posts
18 upvotes
Kamloops
I have absolutely no idea either. I think that if for some reason it doesn't go automatically like it should, then they have to expense it at the branch level, so they are finding any reason to not pay up so their balance sheet looks better. The 5k 'reason' is just a lame excuse to get me off their backs, they even advertise the minimum account balances on the offer pages.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2427 posts
200 upvotes
Vancouver
^ Did you somehow have the monthly fee waived in the first month before you were able to move your $5000 in?

I opened my TD select account but said i needed 2 weeks before I could transfer the $5000 in from my other bank. The rep said no problem and noted it on my account. At the end of the month, I noticed I was still charged the monthly service fee. I called back to get that credited and was told that's the only way to go. If I was waived the first monthly fee, I would have been ineligible for the $250 promo.

BTW, I"m like the other posters, opened the account, put the $5000 in there, did the payroll deposit, easysave and got my $250 at the end of Sept...
Feb 11, 2004
260 posts
18 upvotes
Kamloops
I will clarify with her this week if she did that or not, I can't see why she would have based on the fact I wrote a $5500 cheque which was deposited at the account opening appointment.
Nov 28, 2010
171 posts
36 upvotes
Hi dealhunt, this is Daley from TD.

What you're going through sounds frustrating, and we'd like to look into this for you. If that's okay, please send us an email with your phone number to customer.service@td.com (ATTN Social Media) or send us a secure message through EasyWeb.
Feb 11, 2004
260 posts
18 upvotes
Kamloops
Hi Daley, I've just sent a message through EasyWeb. Thank you for any help you are able to provide in this matter.
[OP]
Sep 26, 2012
78 posts
5 upvotes
Brossard
TD_Canada wrote:
Oct 7th, 2012 4:44 pm
Hi dealhunt, this is Daley from TD.

What you're going through sounds frustrating, and we'd like to look into this for you. If that's okay, please send us an email with your phone number to customer.service@td.com (ATTN Social Media) or send us a secure message through EasyWeb.
Hey Dale,
I have the same problem and I have sent an e-mail to the customer service email.
In how much time should I expect the answer to be in?

Thanks
Feb 11, 2004
260 posts
18 upvotes
Kamloops
Update, after messages being forwarded a few times, my account has now been credited. I'm gonna use other branches for a while though. Thanks to those at TD who made this happen.
[OP]
Sep 26, 2012
78 posts
5 upvotes
Brossard
dealhunt wrote:
Oct 16th, 2012 1:16 pm
Update, after messages being forwarded a few times, my account has now been credited. I'm gonna use other branches for a while though. Thanks to those at TD who made this happen.
My rep told me the same thing today, she said it should take another 2 weeks for them to scan some accounts that TD "accidentally" skipped.

So we'll see what's going to happen from here.
× < >