These are on-line versions only though.
Apr 21, 2010
238 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
enigma54 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2011 4:50 am
These are on-line versions only though.

online? As in you work online only? Or online as you have you download the software package?

Cause I don't mind downloading but I would not like to work only online while doing my taxes.
A great website for up and coming events, hot spots and restaurants where we talk to the chefs/owners sharing their story and passion.

theurbancraze.com
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2005
2018 posts
2635 upvotes
byee19 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2011 2:27 pm
online? As in you work online only? Or online as you have you download the software package?

Cause I don't mind downloading but I would not like to work only online while doing my taxes.

Pretty sure it means the former not the latter. Website says "Do your taxes online - right in your web browser"
Nothing to see here folks...
Mar 30, 2008
20 posts
I have been using this for several years now and I prefer it. don't have to keep reinstalling the application and the site keeps your previous information so there is alot less data entry.
Mar 8, 2009
142 posts
34 upvotes
I've used StudioTax for several years now. It works well and
As always, StudioTax is made available FREE for personal use and regardless of level of income. NO questions asked, NO registration, NO key, and NO activation. StudioTax is very secure; it installs on your computer's local hard drive, saves your return on your computer's local hard drive, and absolutely NO information, personal or otherwise, leaves your computer.
http://www.studiotax.com/en/main.htm
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2008
3428 posts
448 upvotes
Hmmm, might consider doing this. I've used Quicktax the last few years. Is there an option to import previous years returns that were done via the local install method into the web version? If so I might as well do the online one and save myself $14 (I have two returns to do and the standard version is $40).
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
2529 posts
357 upvotes
Ottawa
gramie wrote:
Feb 1st, 2011 3:03 pm
I've used StudioTax for several years now. It works well and

http://www.studiotax.com/en/main.htm

+1, I've been using this for the last 3 years with absolutely no problems. I don't understand why people are prepared to pay for tax software.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2008
3428 posts
448 upvotes
dirtmover wrote:
Feb 1st, 2011 5:34 pm
+1, I've been using this for the last 3 years with absolutely no problems. I don't understand why people are prepared to pay for tax software.

Because my wife doesn't trust the free one. It took me long enough to convince her to stop going to H&R Block. :facepalm:
Nov 30, 2010
434 posts
2 upvotes
used this last year as well and i like it :)
For Sale:
Blackberry 9700 Bell Unlocked
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
2733 posts
287 upvotes
I never used to do my own income taxes. Is their a TUTORIAL somewhere that outlines how I should go about doing this?

I am so lost this is my first time lol...
[highlight]__RFD iTrader:_______76|||0[/highlight]
[highlight]___HEATWARE:______16|||0[/highlight]
[highlight]_____EBAY:_______142|||0[/highlight]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2003
9973 posts
1113 upvotes
Paying per return = COLD deal. Much better value to buy the boxed software, unless you really are only doing 1 return.
Mar 7, 2005
518 posts
61 upvotes
Triad wrote:
Feb 1st, 2011 6:44 pm
I never used to do my own income taxes. Is their a TUTORIAL somewhere that outlines how I should go about doing this?

I am so lost this is my first time lol...

If this is your first time, it really depends on how much effort you want to put into it. If you want to do things pretty easily, then I'd suggest a piece of software. I've been using Studiotax and it's worked well for me. About 10 years ago, I decided to sit down and learn to file things by hand...took a while and I learned a lot, but in the end I don't think I ended up ahead of using any modern piece of software. You don't need a tutorial, just make sure you put aside all tax slips which come in the mail. You'll need to input all of them to file taxes.

Heck, a number of years ago my wife insisted we go to an accountant. After spending $30 per person, I scoured the net and found Studiotax (after everything was already filed) and discovered that the returns would have been pretty close compared to the accountant.

I'll probably start using an accountant at some point in the future to find out tips, but for now am satisfied with the free/cheap software out there.
× < >