Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2006
5149 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto

TD Canada Trust verified with Paypal?

Hey Guys,

Quick question,

I was just trying to verify my paypal account for the first time and I have no idea where to find my Bank Transit Number & Institution Number. I have tried my Branch No.; no luck; and have also tried my access card number with no luck.

I have a savings account. I will probably need to call TD; but could someone tell me who has got verified and used TD; where to find this; I would appreciate it. Ie. I use easy web so maybe you guys can guide me to where to find it on there; I also have my statement as well.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
Im very certain paypal told you to find this info on your cheque book. The numbers are on the bottom of each cheque. As for decyphering it, google it.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
3194 posts
493 upvotes
sounds more like a finance question but...
If you look on a cheque, it's sorted like this

Cheque number (2-4 digits), Transit (5 digits), bank ID (3 digits), Account number (the rest)

my transit is 9986. You can always search a branch's transit using the address search.
https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/locator/
put in your address
or put in your guess of the branch's transit to make sure it's correct.
Jan 10, 2008
495 posts
27 upvotes
Asad_A203 wrote: Hey Guys,

Quick question,

I was just trying to verify my paypal account for the first time and I have no idea where to find my Bank Transit Number & Institution Number. I have tried my Branch No.; no luck; and have also tried my access card number with no luck.

I have a savings account. I will probably need to call TD; but could someone tell me who has got verified and used TD; where to find this; I would appreciate it. Ie. I use easy web so maybe you guys can guide me to where to find it on there; I also have my statement as well.
If you need to verify your paypal account. Don't use your main account. Use another bank account that you barely use or set another up. Last thing you want to do is have someone having DIRECT funds of withdraw in your main account. Whether it by paypal themselves or a hack job.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4360 posts
585 upvotes
Messed Up Area
I beleive paypal requires checking account. And #'s required are on your checks.

Since you have savings account, i suggest opening a checking.

Glad to see more peoepl looking at getting verified on PAYPAL, makes transactions smoother and quicker for sellers as instantanous funds.

I beleive you can also use credit card to be verified as well.

I'm with TD and have checking setup and my CC, but have my CC as primary transactions as if fraudelant usage, CC will fix ASAP.
Nov 16, 2004
429 posts
11 upvotes
Banks (+ Institution Number)

001 - Bank of Montreal = BMO
002 - ScotiaBank
003 - Royal Bank of Canada
004 - Canada Trust = TD Bank
006 - National Bank of Canada
010 - CIBC = Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
016 - HSBC Bank Canada
177 - Bank of Canada
260 - Citibank of Canada
309 - Citizens Bank of Canada
614 - ING Bank of Canada
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2007
8569 posts
1763 upvotes
Institution is 004, your transit number is the 4 digit number next to your account number on Easyweb, plus an extra fifth digit at the end (and a 0 or two at the beginning if it wasn't 4 digits to start out). The 5th digit is the "Bank of Canada Number" and I'm not 100% certain what it is for Manitoba, but I think it's 7 (BC is 0, AB is 9, SK is 8). Best thing to look at is a cheque, if you have one for that account.

Safest bet is just to call Easyline. You might also need an 11-digit account number for Paypal, in which case you'll have to attach a 4 digit "designation number" in front of your account number as it appears on Easyweb. That number is different for each branch.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5634 posts
208 upvotes
Scarborough
bobbycat wrote: Banks (+ Institution Number)

001 - Bank of Montreal = BMO
002 - ScotiaBank
003 - Royal Bank of Canada
004 - Canada Trust = TD Bank
006 - National Bank of Canada
010 - CIBC = Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
016 - HSBC Bank Canada
177 - Bank of Canada
260 - Citibank of Canada
309 - Citizens Bank of Canada
614 - ING Bank of Canada
Ahhh Ok. Didn't know those codes.
RZ9 5900X|GB X570 Aorus Elite|CR 2x16Gb DDR4-3600 CL16|eVGA GF RTX 3080 10GB XCU|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|CC MX500 2TB SSD|SS 1TB HDD|SoundBlaster Z|Logi Z-5500|LG 38WK95C/Len TV T22i-10|CS K100|HyperX PF Surge|Ocu. Rift S
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2007
1324 posts
689 upvotes
I used my savings account for PayPal.

TD also and it worked.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)