Credit Cards

TD Cash Back Visa/Visa Infinite Cards out now!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 8:15 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6458 posts
345 upvotes
Richmond Hill

TD Cash Back Visa/Visa Infinite Cards out now!

Anyone else hear about this? I've been waiting for TD to come out with a decent cashback card and the Visa Infinite one sounds like a good time to switch my TD First Class Travel one.

http://www.canadianrewards.net/2017/03/ ... n-jun.html

TD will issue 2 new credit cards in Jun 2017
TD will issue 2 new credit cards in Jun 2017:

1) TD Cash Back Visa Card, no annual fee. You can earn 1% cash back on grocery/gas/pre-authorized payment, and 0.5% cash back on other purchases. It has the Purchase Security and Extended Warranty insurance.

2) TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card, annual fee $120 (it could be waived, if you have the TD all-inclusive account). You can earn 3% cash back on grocery/gas/pre-authorized payment (at most $15000 per category yearly) , and 1% cash back on other purchases. It has same insurances as the other TD Visa Infinite Cards. When you get approved, you can get 6% cash back on grocery/gas/pre-authorized payment (at most $3500) for the first three months.

MORE info from a member's post:

With the refresh to our credit card line-up, TD will offer a new no annual fee TD Cash Bac​k Visa Card which will provide 1% in Cash Back Dollars on eligible Grocery Purchases, Gas ​Purchases and on Regularly Recurring Bill Payments set up on your credit card account. The​re is a $5,000 spending cap per category per calendar year and you will get 0.5% after you​ hit the cap. On all other purchases made with the card you will earn 0.5% in Cash Back D​ollars. Purchase Security & Extended Warranty Protection will also be included.

In addition, TD will introduce a new TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card with an annual fee of​ $120, which will provide a Welcome Bonus of 6% in Cash Back Dollars on Grocery Purchases,​ Gas Purchases and Regularly Recurring Bill Payments for the first 3 months to a combined ​spending cap of $3,500. Then you will earn 3% in Cash Back Dollars on Grocery Purchases, G​as Purchases and Regularly Recurring Bill Payments to a maximum $15,000 spending cap per category per calendar year. After you hit the cap you will get the base earn rate of 1%. A​nd you will earn 1% in Cash Back Dollars on all other Purchases made with this card. Other​ included benefits with the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card are Deluxe TD Auto Club Member​ship, Travel Medical, Delayed/Lost Baggage, Purchase Security & Extended Warranty Protection, Auto Rental ​Collison/Loss Damage Insurance and Complimentary Visa Infinite Concierge.

With both cards, you'll be able to redeem your Cash Back Dollars at any time (min $25) to​ help pay down the account balance or redeem your Cash Back Dollars annually (no min) in J​anuary to help pay down your account balance.

For more information about the card benefits such as Purchase Security & Extended Warranty​ please follow this link: https://www.tdrewards.com/allcardfeatures&benefits

Edit:
For the CB Infinite, looks like you have to pay the fee first and wait for it to be credited back:
The full Annual Fee will be reversed within 2 monthly statements from the date of the charge. Although some have received the credit back on the same day it was charged.

And since June 19, the following credit cards are no longer available for application:
TD Classic Travel Visa Card
TD Cash Back MasterCard
TD Green Visa
TD Gold Elite Visa
Last edited by jeffyjaixx on Apr 20th, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
615 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
3962 posts
1048 upvotes
Kingston, ON
That no-fee sounds like it will match Scotia Momentum no-fee, which is a pretty weak card.

That Infinite would have $21 higher annual fee than Scotia Momentum Infinite (which is a good card), but instead of 4/4/2/2 Gas/Grocery/Pharmacy/Recurring it's 3/3/1/3. Unless you have high things that count as recurring bills (generally cell phones, cable/satellite/internet) the Scotia card is most likely still better. Nice for them to at least try to be slightly competitive.
Nov 9, 2015
269 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Looks like crap comparing to Scotia Infinite, which is still the golden standard for cashback cards.

Anything less than 0.5 % cashback on a credit card is a joke.
MBNA SC is the golden standard here and Tangerine MC until the card got nerfed to 0.5 % on non-bonus categories.

At 99$, Scotia Momemtum is even cheaper.

I am curious how many people would jump the ship and jump on All- Inclusive account offers from Scotia to get the fee waived if Scotia had one.

I applaud TD for trying.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4503 posts
571 upvotes
Since I bank with TD using their All-Inclusive account, I thanked you for giving us the headsup. As of now I've only been using the US Dollar card on a limited basis, and the other ones they've given or offered me have gone unused--might as well switch to the Infinite Cash Back Visa.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1572 posts
757 upvotes
sundawner1 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 12:45 pm

Anything less than 0.5 % cashback on a credit card is a joke.
Anything less than 1% is a joke to be honest. Most credit card issuers these days have at least 1 no annual fee credit card, that pays 1% return.
Heck even Home Trust now has a free 1% cash back card, WITH NO FOREX, AND free roadside assistance!
So don't applaud TD just yet. Those cards are nothing special!
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1517 posts
370 upvotes
Not better than the CIBC Divident Infinite.
😎 Fido $55/6GB Loyalty Pulse Plan: 6GB, Unltd Canadian LD, Unltd Global Texting, 1000 Intl LD Minutes, Data Bytes, Fido Roam, Spotify... 😄
Mar 3, 2005
358 posts
116 upvotes
Mississauga
EdisonL299 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 1:32 pm
Not better than the CIBC Divident Infinite.
The Scotia Momentum Infinite is better than the CIBC Dividend Infinite I would argue - since the CIBC card has the extra category - (4/4/2/2 Gas/Grocery/Pharmacy/Recurring)
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1572 posts
757 upvotes
I'll retract half of my last comment, as I re-read the payout of the Visa Infinite.
I thought the 3% cash back was limited to $5000 spending across all 3 categories, but it's per category
That's a bit better than I originally thought, but still not as good as Scotia Momentum Infinite.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1517 posts
370 upvotes
hopetindall wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 1:37 pm
The Scotia Momentum Infinite is better than the CIBC Dividend Infinite I would argue - since the CIBC card has the extra category - (4/4/2/2 Gas/Grocery/Pharmacy/Recurring)
Yes you are correct. Scotia Momentum Infinite > CIBC Dividend Infinite > TD Cash Back Infinite.

But people like me who have the 2% everywhere MC don't care about the 2% categories any more, so Scotia Momentum Infinite could be equal to CIBC Dividend Infinite in this situation.
Last edited by EdisonL299 on Apr 20th, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
😎 Fido $55/6GB Loyalty Pulse Plan: 6GB, Unltd Canadian LD, Unltd Global Texting, 1000 Intl LD Minutes, Data Bytes, Fido Roam, Spotify... 😄
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
13884 posts
2253 upvotes
Toronto
jeffyjaixx wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 12:21 pm
2) TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card, annual fee $120 (it could be waived, if you have the TD all-inclusive account). You can earn 3% cash back on grocery/gas/pre-authorized payment (at most $5000 per category yearly) , and 1% cash back on other purchases. It has same insurances as the other TD Visa Infinite Cards. When you get approved, you can get 6% cash back on grocery/gas/pre-authorized payment (at most $3500) for the first three months.

And since June 19, the following credit cards are no longer available for application:
TD Classic Travel Visa Card
TD Cash Back MasterCard
TD Green Visa
TD Gold Elite Visa
Hmm... Interesting. I just applied for the SimplyCash Preferred Amex (2% flat cash back) and MBNA Rewards World Elite MC. (2% flat cash back).

And I currently have the TD Gold Elite Visa card for free since I have a TD All Inclusive account. Maybe i should replace the TD Gold Elite Visa with the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6458 posts
345 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Yeah it's still not as good as the scotiabank infinite one but since I have an all inclusive acct with td, I think this is the next best thing since annual fee will be waived. If scotiabank offered their visa infinite card as part of their all inclusive account package, I'd be all over it too.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
3962 posts
1048 upvotes
Kingston, ON
coolintheshade wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 1:30 pm
Anything less than 1% is a joke to be honest. Most credit card issuers these days have at least 1 no annual fee credit card, that pays 1% return.
Heck even Home Trust now has a free 1% cash back card, WITH NO FOREX, AND free roadside assistance!
Didn't know this HomeTrust card existed. No FX-fee? Really? Huge with Chase Amazon going away.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
13884 posts
2253 upvotes
Toronto
coolintheshade wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 1:30 pm
No, these are not the absolute best cards, but they're decent and better than their previous offerings. More importantly though, the 2nd card with the 3/3/3/1% offerings is free for those of us with a TD All-Inclusive account.

Plus, TD supports Apple Pay on all their cards (but not their subsidiary MBNA yet).

If this card came with both collision/theft insurance and roadside assistance, it'd be a no-brainer for me, since I can get that $120 fee waived.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1572 posts
757 upvotes
Mike15 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 2:13 pm
Didn't know this HomeTrust card existed. No FX-fee? Really? Huge with Chase Amazon going away.
Yes sir! Oddly they don't list it in the features of the card, but if you read the disclosure on the website, it shows it in there.
Current RFD discussion here
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1572 posts
757 upvotes
EugW wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 2:18 pm
No, these are not the absolute best cards, but they're decent and better than their previous offerings. More importantly though, the 2nd card with the 3/3/3/1% offerings is free for those of us with a TD All-Inclusive account.

Plus, TD supports Apple Pay on all their cards (but not their subsidiary MBNA yet).

If this card came with both collision/theft insurance and roadside assistance, it'd be a no-brainer for me, since I can get that $120 fee waived.
All very good points. So I guess it could be good for current AI account holders.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)