Credit Cards

Locked: TD Cash Back Visa/Visa Infinite Cards out now!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2019 2:45 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2261 posts
625 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Mike15 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2017 11:31 am
Telus pre-authorized payments let you use a CC with no fee. Mine gets 2% cashback for Recurring category on Scotia Momentum Infinite no problem.

Usually only things like hydro or property tax charge a fee for CC. Even then the fee is usually ~2% so if you get 3% back it may be worthwhile.
Does it have to be a pre-authorized payment or can I just pay it normally with my CC? What's the difference anyways?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2013
5641 posts
2244 upvotes
Kingston, ON
djdestroyer wrote:
Jun 16th, 2017 12:24 pm
Does it have to be a pre-authorized payment or can I just pay it normally with my CC? What's the difference anyways?
Telus site has two options, IIRC, either you enroll as PAP with the credit card, or you manually pay the bill with your CC. With Scotia, the former flags as "recurring bill" but the latter doesn't. Mileage may vary with TD.
Sep 24, 2013
815 posts
509 upvotes
Ontario
The new cards are on their site now.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4152 posts
1854 upvotes
The cash back infinite is much better than TD Gold Elite & TD First Class Travel Infinite. We currently have those 2 free with AI, so we will call in to see if we could switch one of them (probably Gold Elite) to this card and use it with Tangerine MC (pick different 3 categories) + Rogers MC and I think those would be all I need from then on
May 25, 2017
4 posts
2 upvotes
wra45mon wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 10:32 am
Looks like the visa infinite version qualifies for annual fee waiver with AI account
https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/products- ... lusive.jsp

Too bad the travel insurance is 10 days only.
I also see that the Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance is not included with this card. I wonder if the delayed flight insurance is included or not. I cannot find the certificate of insurance on their website for that card.
Jan 13, 2016
299 posts
79 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
If you switch from another td card would you get the welcome bonus for visa infinite?

Looking back i see there is some dispute here. I'll phone.
Last edited by Latebuyer on Jun 18th, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
4414 posts
2744 upvotes
wra45mon wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 10:32 am
Looks like the visa infinite version qualifies for annual fee waiver with AI account
https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/products- ... lusive.jsp

Too bad the travel insurance is 10 days only.
Same as the no-fee PCF WE. LMAO.
💳 Amex Cobalt - Personal/Business Platinum - Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite - Rogers WE
Jan 1, 2009
35 posts
5 upvotes
Markham
terathlon wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 12:42 pm
I also see that the Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance is not included with this card. I wonder if the delayed flight insurance is included or not. I cannot find the certificate of insurance on their website for that card.
Based on previous communications with TD CSR from other members, it doesn`t seem like it will include Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance and Flight Delay Insurance. Also it doesn`t include Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance.

But you get Travel Medical Insurance! ......For 10 days
Apr 23, 2017
791 posts
1275 upvotes
Apr 23, 2017
791 posts
1275 upvotes
So this TD Cash Back Visa Infinite card basically competes with the BMO Cash back World Elite (non-Travel) MasterCard that has the 1.75% earn rate.

TD Card

3% Gas
3% Groceries
3% Recurring payments
1% base rate
10 days travel medical (for under age 65) with 2 million cap
Roadside assistance (but not to the garage you want like CAA does - only the closest one)
Lost baggage insurance and delayed baggage insurance. Max of $1k (but only payable after airline or home insurance pays first)
Purchase security (90 days)
Extended warranty
Basic concierge service
Fee: $120 (waived with all-inclusive bank plan)
Interest rate 20.99% purchases, 22.99% cash advances
* Cash back dollars accumulate until you notify TD you want to redeem them as a statement credit.
You can do this whenever the dollars equal $25, or once per year in January, or keep saving them forever as a stash until you notify TD

BMO World Elite Cash Back MasterCard

1.75 flat rate on everything
8 days travel medical (for under age 65), 2 million cap.
Roadside assistance (but not to the garage you want as CAA does - only to the closest one)
Purchase Security (180 days)
Extended warranty
Basic concierge service.
Fee: $120 (waived with Premium Plan)
Interest rate: 19.99 purchases, 22.99 cash advances
Cash back can be redeemed when requested or will be applied once per year. You cannot keep the cash stash unredeemed year over year.
Apr 23, 2017
791 posts
1275 upvotes
The Infinite version has the gold 1 oz. Maple Leaf coin on the front. The basic non-infinite version has the 1 oz. silver Maple Leaf coin on the front.

TD also appears to have redesigned the front of the (Canadian-issued) U.S. dollar Visa card to feature a coin with the statue of liberty on the front.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16987 posts
3848 upvotes
Toronto
I just transferred my account from the TD Gold Elite Visa to the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card.

Some points, many of which some of you are already aware, but it was good to confirm anyway:

1) I will lose travel medical and travel interruption insurance, but I don't care because I never used those. Same for credit card registry. In fact, I didn't even realize I had those.
2) The credit card number will NOT change.
3) Within 1 day after the transfer, any purchases made on the old card will be applied to the new card.
4) Any rewards on the old card will get transferred to the new card. I get my 4¢ transferred over! Yay!
5) The 6% intro cash back deal applies to those transferring from other cards too. You don't have to be a new client.
6) Can't go back to the old card, as they are no longer available.
7) Fee waived with TD All Inclusive Chequing.
8) If you don't have the All Inclusive, IIRC the $120 is charged with the first statement, or something like that. (I forgot the exact timing, as it doesn't apply to me.)
9) New card will arrive within 7-10 business days.
10) Today is the first day it and others are available, so a lot of them don't know all the details on these cards yet.
Jan 1, 2009
35 posts
5 upvotes
Markham
EugW wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 7:39 pm
I just transferred my account from the TD Gold Elite Visa to the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card.

Some points, many of which some of you are already aware, but it was good to confirm anyway:

1) I will lose travel medical and travel interruption insurance, but I don't care because I never used those. Same for credit card registry. In fact, I didn't even realize I had those.
2) The credit card number will NOT change.
3) Within 1 day after the transfer, any purchases made on the old card will be applied to the new card.
4) Any rewards on the old card will get transferred to the new card. I get my 4¢ transferred over! Yay!
5) The 6% intro cash back deal applies to those transferring from other cards too. You don't have to be a new client.
6) Can't go back to the old card, as they are no longer available.
7) Fee waived with TD All Inclusive Chequing.
8) If you don't have the All Inclusive, IIRC the $120 is charged with the first statement, or something like that. (I forgot the exact timing, as it doesn't apply to me.)
9) New card will arrive within 7-10 business days.
10) Today is the first day it and others are available, so a lot of them don't know all the details on these cards yet.
You confuzzled me. Did you mean Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance? :)
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16987 posts
3848 upvotes
Toronto
kainix wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 7:51 pm
You confuzzled me. Did you mean Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance? :)
Maybe, as that makes more sense. I was pretty sure I didn't have travel medical so I was surprised when I heard that I did. But I probably just misunderstood.

P.S. Wow. You have only 24 posts since 2009! I am honoured one of them was a response to my post. :)