Credit Cards

TD Cash Back Visa/Visa Infinite Cards out now!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2018 1:03 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1459 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
DewDew wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 3:47 pm
TD is weird!

I got this card a few weeks ago and have been earning 6% CB on all the purchases; and today they sent me this email --

"Congratulations! Right now, with your Welcome Bonus1, you can earn 6% in Cash Back Dollars for the first 3 months when you make grocery purchases and gas purchases, as well as set up regularly recurring bill payments on your TD Cash Back Visa Infinite* Card Account, up to a total collective spend of $3,500.1 Once you’ve reached the $3,5001 spending cap, these purchases will earn 3% in Cash Back Dollars2,3. All other purchases made with your Card will always earn 1% in Cash Back Dollars.4"

On their website they are still saying "Limited Time Offer: Earn 6% in Cash Back Dollars on all purchases for the first 3 months2 up to a total spend of $3,500. "

Go home TD!
I got that email too and I was immediately like "huh" and I logged online to calculate my rewards and sure enough everything was ringing in at 6%. Way to cause unnecessary confusion TD.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13065 posts
5467 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
It may have been mentioned before but for people who are reaching the end of their 3 month 6% promo period and haven't yet used their $3,500 spending limit, just buy gift cards for the balance. Assuming the GCs are for stores where you will be buying stuff in the future, that's an easy 6% discount that's generally combineable with other offers from those stores.
veni, vidi, Visa
May 17, 2007
55 posts
2 upvotes
Looks like TD is taking a hit for giving out such an incredible deal on the 6% cash back, and it seems they have updated their website now to reflect such:
Welcome Bonus:
Earn 6% on gas purchases, grocery purchases and regularly recurring bill payments set up on your Account for the first 3 months2 up to a total spend of $3,500.
Also in their fine print - they've got the following:
Other Conditions: Welcome Bonus may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise indicated.
Sneaky! So basically their terms state that they can now only give out 6% for gas, groceries, and recurring bills.

Any existing users can confirm that they are still receiving the 6% which is part of the initial offer?
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13065 posts
5467 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
samburgers wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 11:41 pm
Looks like TD is taking a hit for giving out such an incredible deal on the 6% cash back, and it seems they have updated their website now to reflect such:
IIRC that's their standard offer. They offered the 6% on everything as part of a promotion. It would appear that promotion has ended for new card applications. That doesn't affect those who received the 6% on everything offer.
Also in their fine print - they've got the following:... Sneaky! So basically their terms state that they can now only give out 6% for gas, groceries, and recurring bills.
Sneaky? Not Really. Most such offers have provision for changing terms and conditions. It would be news if there wasn't such a disclaimer in this promotion.
Any existing users can confirm that they are still receiving the 6% which is part of the initial offer?
Yes, as of earlier this week on charges as varied as auto service (not gas) and dentistry. So unless they changed the program overnight it's business as usual.

But why rely on what anonymous posters on RFD say? Can you confirm that they've actually rescinded their offer? Have you called TD Visa and asked them about the current state of the 6% offer? I imagine they know better than anyone on RFD.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13065 posts
5467 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
bylo wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 7:52 am
So unless they changed the program overnight it's business as usual.
Well I just came back from a grocery run, ~$37 charged to this card. TD/CT's website shows my rebate balance has gone up by ~$2 since I checked it a couple of hours. (6% of $37 = $2.22)
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
3729 posts
1062 upvotes
Can anyone share how long it took for TD to mail them their Visa card to their home from the time their application was approved? I applied for mine on November 24th and still have not received the card. I realize I could call and have them reissue a new card but I keep thinking that as soon as I do that, it will show up. It is now 15 business days. Seems like it should not have taken this long.
Oct 31, 2009
270 posts
61 upvotes
Vancouver
bylo wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 10:21 am
Well I just came back from a grocery run, ~$37 charged to this card. TD/CT's website shows my rebate balance has gone up by ~$2 since I checked it a couple of hours. (6% of $37 = $2.22)
They did change the program somewhat overnight. Applications before Dec 3 or 4th were on the 6% on everything promotion, after that date it down to 6% on the grocery/gas/bill categories. Confirmed that with a CSR on the phone. Figured someone noticed the mistake and they changed the language.
Oct 31, 2009
270 posts
61 upvotes
Vancouver
choclover wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 11:38 am
Can anyone share how long it took for TD to mail them their Visa card to their home from the time their application was approved? I applied for mine on November 24th and still have not received the card. I realize I could call and have them reissue a new card but I keep thinking that as soon as I do that, it will show up. It is now 15 business days. Seems like it should not have taken this long.
Same happened to me. Apparently it got lost in the mail or something. I signed up on Nov 24th as well.. They re-issued one and rushed the delivery to the branch for me.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1477 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
choclover wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 11:38 am
migx wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 7:12 pm
Same happened to me. Apparently it got lost in the mail or something. I signed up on Nov 24th as well.. They re-issued one and rushed the delivery to the branch for me.
Strongly recommend delivery to branch for pickup.
My app was on Nov 1st, approval on Nov 10th. Called to inquire on Dec 5th, was told it'd been sent to incorrect address, even though my print screen (of app) and my customer profile address are correct. Was offered to deliver to branch for pickup, I must have had a brain fart at that moment, insisted for home delivery again. Now still waiting for 2nd attempt.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4832 posts
587 upvotes
Ottawa
migx wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 7:10 pm
They did change the program somewhat overnight. Applications before Dec 3 or 4th were on the 6% on everything promotion, after that date it down to 6% on the grocery/gas/bill categories. Confirmed that with a CSR on the phone. Figured someone noticed the mistake and they changed the language.
so the 6% is not for everything now? (first 3 months)
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4832 posts
587 upvotes
Ottawa
max88 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 7:30 pm
Strongly recommend delivery to branch for pickup.
My app was on Nov 1st, approval on Nov 10th. Called to inquire on Dec 5th, was told it'd been sent to incorrect address, even though my print screen (of app) and my customer profile address are correct. Was offered to deliver to branch for pickup, I must have had a brain fart at that moment, insisted for home delivery again. Now still waiting for 2nd attempt.
wow ... td really screwed up big time here ...

still waiting for mine ... will probably call again to ask for a re-issue ...
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13065 posts
5467 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
migx wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 7:10 pm
So my suspicion ("It would appear that promotion has ended for new card applications.") and its implication ("That doesn't affect those who received the 6% on everything offer.") were both correct.

Thanks for the confirmation.
veni, vidi, Visa
Oct 31, 2009
270 posts
61 upvotes
Vancouver
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 7:33 pm
so the 6% is not for everything now? (first 3 months)
Correct, for application submitted after Dec 3/4.
"Earn 6% on gas purchases, grocery purchases and regularly recurring bill payments set up on your Account for the first 3 months2 up to a total spend of $3,500. " is the text now on their website.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
3729 posts
1062 upvotes
migx wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 9:28 pm
Correct, for application submitted after Dec 3/4.
"Earn 6% on gas purchases, grocery purchases and regularly recurring bill payments set up on your Account for the first 3 months2 up to a total spend of $3,500. " is the text now on their website.
I applied on Nov 24th but am waiting for a replacement card to be rushed to my branch because the original card must have got lost in the mail. My concern is about this 6% business. I was told that the 6% cashback would be on everything. How will I know how the 6% works? Will the paperwork that comes with the card stipulate whether the 6% program is on everything or only on the 3 types of purchases? If it turns out that they have restricted what qualifies, will the TD people fix this? My whole reason for applying for the TD cashback was that I got burned when applied it in the first place as the 6% only applied to the 3 categories and then a couple of days later the newer applications got 6% on everything. I guess I just have bad luck.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13065 posts
5467 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
choclover wrote:
Dec 16th, 2017 12:00 pm
My concern is about this 6% business. I was told that the 6% cashback would be on everything. How will I know how the 6% works?
If you have EasyWeb access (or use their phone app?) you can see charges and rebate credits almost instantly. So buy something that's not a gas purchase, grocery purchase or regularly recurring bill payment and see what you get.
If it turns out that they have restricted what qualifies, will the TD people fix this? My whole reason for applying for the TD cashback was that I got burned when applied it in the first place as the 6% only applied to the 3 categories and then a couple of days later the newer applications got 6% on everything. I guess I just have bad luck.
I would call TD Visa and ask directly. When I converted another TD Visa to this one the agent told me I'd get the 6% starting immediately and everything happened very smoothly. But in your case, given the unusual situation, a personal touch may be needed to get what you were promised.
veni, vidi, Visa