Credit Cards

TD Cash Back Visa/Visa Infinite Cards out now!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2018 6:59 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4118 posts
440 upvotes
Ottawa
titaniumtux wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 9:09 pm
You're saying that if the card is approved/sent out after the promo expires, that they might not honour it? Like you said, worst case scenario, a call to customer service for a resolution.

Just perplexed by the 0.075% CB since the minimum CB on that card is 1%.

i just switched to the CBI and was told it was no longer FYF and the promo cb rate of 6% only would only apply g&g&recurring billpayment ... upto $3500 for first 3 months ... 3% otherwise ... and 1% for all other categories ...

I am using the AI to cover the AF for this cc ... until i max out the 6% ... :)
May 8, 2009
3297 posts
1047 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 10:36 pm
i just switched to the CBI and was told it was no longer FYF and the promo cb rate of 6% only would only apply g&g&recurring billpayment ... upto $3500 for first 3 months ... 3% otherwise ... and 1% for all other categories ...

I am using the AI to cover the AF for this cc ... until i max out the 6% ... :)
Looks like the promo I mentioned is exclusive to those who apply for the card online. I would imagine those interested in product changes on existing TD cards wouldn't be able to apply for the product change online.
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming
May 8, 2009
3297 posts
1047 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Reporting back. Just got approved at time of application with maximum CL! This is amazing.
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming
Jun 15, 2017
187 posts
47 upvotes
Just closed mine this morning(after 4 months).Will reapply in 3....
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
3377 posts
856 upvotes
fadetogrey wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 2:55 pm
Just closed mine this morning(after 4 months).Will reapply in 3....
What would be the point of closing and reapplying? Isn't the 6% promo dead now?
Mar 23, 2004
36732 posts
3441 upvotes
Markham
choclover wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 12:02 pm
What would be the point of closing and reapplying? Isn't the 6% promo dead now?
It's on-going with fyf afaik
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4118 posts
440 upvotes
Ottawa
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 12:02 pm
It's on-going with fyf afaik
only if for new application .... apparently ...
i was told that just a few days ago ...
Aug 8, 2011
24 posts
5 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
I've been using the Infinite Travel card for a while now (annual fee waived with all-inclusive banking plan). I somehow missed this card news when it was first announced. Now I've crunched some numbers and am thinking it might actually be advantageous, since the Infinite Travel card effectively pays out only 1.2% since the devaluation (book any way), which isn't great. But I have some questions:
  1. Differences in insurance between the Infinite Cash and Infinite Travel? The travel insurance is key for me, and I wouldn't want to lose that.
  2. Can an existing travel infinite cardholder theoretically also apply for the cash card, i.e. hold them both? Would FYF still apply for the cash card, even if already a travel cardholder?
  3. Any reports of what recurring bills are recognized for the 3% category, specifically in Quebec? Thinking of Videotron, Hydro-Quebec, Koodo, STM transit pass...?
  4. Similar question: Do depanneur purchases count in the grocery and/or gas categories?
  5. Thoughts on churning this card? i.e. applying for the first 3 month bonus, and then cancelling before the annual fee kicks in? Pros/cons?
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
3752 posts
651 upvotes
Vancouver
segacs wrote:
Jan 28th, 2018 10:30 pm
I've been using the Infinite Travel card for a while now (annual fee waived with all-inclusive banking plan). I somehow missed this card news when it was first announced. Now I've crunched some numbers and am thinking it might actually be advantageous, since the Infinite Travel card effectively pays out only 1.2% since the devaluation (book any way), which isn't great. But I have some questions:
  1. Differences in insurance between the Infinite Cash and Infinite Travel? The travel insurance is key for me, and I wouldn't want to lose that.
  2. Can an existing travel infinite cardholder theoretically also apply for the cash card, i.e. hold them both? Would FYF still apply for the cash card, even if already a travel cardholder?
  3. Any reports of what recurring bills are recognized for the 3% category, specifically in Quebec? Thinking of Videotron, Hydro-Quebec, Koodo, STM transit pass...?
  4. Similar question: Do depanneur purchases count in the grocery and/or gas categories?
  5. Thoughts on churning this card? i.e. applying for the first 3 month bonus, and then cancelling before the annual fee kicks in? Pros/cons?
1. First Class Travel card has better insurance (read these for yourself- it's easy enough).
2. Yes, but the all-inclusive fee waiver can only be applied to one card. FYF through the card itself is valid if that is a sign-up promotion being offered at the time.
3. Sorry, can't help you there but I can tell you it's done a pretty good job picking up anything of mine that can be scheduled monthly through the payee.
4. Can't help you there.
5. Yeah, you could. Even better if you hold an AI account is to cycle through them every six months or so and take advantage of a free card perpetually. You get the sign-up bonus each time.
Jan 30, 2018
1 posts
Hi, need some help on this. Looking at the conditions below, say I spend $14,999 on Gas and $14,999 on Grocery in the year, since neither reaches the cap, does that mean I will get 3% of $14,999 * 2?

Thanks.

"...$15,000 Cap: Each of the Gas Rebate and the Grocery Rebate is only available to a $15,000 maximum net annual spend ("$15,000 Cap"). Once the $15,000 Cap has been reached for either Gas Purchases or Grocery Purchases, then any further Gas Purchases and Grocery Purchases made on the Account will only earn Cash Back Dollars at the standard rebate of 1% that applies to all other Purchases on the Account as set out in your Cardholder Agreement ("Standard Rebate")."
May 8, 2009
3297 posts
1047 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
It's $15k spend cap per category on G/G/PAP. That means if you spend $25k in G&G+PAP combined, as long as you don't exceed the $15k per category, you'd get 3% CB on that $25k spend. After the cap, it drops to 1% CB. At that point, depending on your spend, you may consider getting more than one card (perhaps also get a Meridian or Scotia visa).
May 8, 2009
3297 posts
1047 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
segacs wrote:
Jan 28th, 2018 10:30 pm
  • For the dépanneur, groceries probably not (though possible), gas maybe. Some convenience stores have gas bar merchant codes for credit cards. Depends on the dépanneur.
Mar 18, 2017
3 posts
Can someone help decipher the TD rewards website? I was trying to confirm that I got the 6% for the promo (got in before they reverted back to just grocery/gas/PAP.) In the rewards column, I see PURCHASE (always 1%), Bonus (% varies), and Accelerator (% varies.) As an easy example, I purchased $100 on my Compass (public transit) card. It shows:

6-Nov-2017 Credit Card Earn Accelerator
Amount 100
Cash Back Dollars 5 (5%)
6-Nov-2017 COMPASS VENDING PURCHASE
Amount 100
Cash Back Dollars 1 (1%)
6-Nov-2017 Credit Card Earn Bonus
Amount -
Cash Back Dollars 5 (5%)

My questions:
1. When I exported my three months of rewards into Excel, the totals for all three categories is higher than what it lists as "Cash Back Dollars Earned Program to Date".
2. When I look at each month's statement, the Total Cash Back Dollars is higher than what it lists as "Cash Back Dollars Earned Program to Date".
3. The totals in #1 and #2 match, so I have to assume my "Cash Back Dollars Earned Program to Date" is incorrect. But why? I assume it has something to do with the (seeming) extra Cash Back dollars - as the above example implies I received 11% CB!
4. I was a fool and didn't screen cap the offer when I applied. There was some sort of Welcome Bonus. In a small number of purchases, the description is "Cash Back Welcome Bonus" - but I can't remember what the bonus was! I recall something about spending $1000 in the first three months. Does anyone know? I applied in late Oct. First purchase was on 04 Nov. The welcome bonus showed up sporadically, from 04 Nov to 03 Jan (which fits with the three months.) But the total for that is only $6.65.
5. During the promo period, the Gas/Groceries/PAPs didn't have this weirdness - it seemed to follow the proper 6%. For example:
13-Dec-2017 Cash Back - Gas Accel. Accelerator
Amount: 31.32
Cash Back Dollars: 0.63 (2%)
13-Dec-2017 SHELL OIL 63670220142 PURCHASE
Cash Back Dollars: 0.31 (1%)
13-Dec-2017 Cash Back Welcome Bonus Bonus
Amount:
Cash Back Dollars: 0.94 (3%)

I'm hoping the weirdness with the 11% comes out in my favour, as I messed up during the promo period and didn't it the $3500 mark. Doh!
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4118 posts
440 upvotes
Ottawa
jjones37 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 3:56 pm
Can someone help decipher the TD rewards website? I was trying to confirm that I got the 6% for the promo (got in before they reverted back to just grocery/gas/PAP.) In the rewards column, I see PURCHASE (always 1%), Bonus (% varies), and Accelerator (% varies.) As an easy example, I purchased $100 on my Compass (public transit) card. It shows:

6-Nov-2017 Credit Card Earn Accelerator
Amount 100
Cash Back Dollars 5 (5%)
6-Nov-2017 COMPASS VENDING PURCHASE
Amount 100
Cash Back Dollars 1 (1%)
6-Nov-2017 Credit Card Earn Bonus
Amount -
Cash Back Dollars 5 (5%)

My questions:
1. When I exported my three months of rewards into Excel, the totals for all three categories is higher than what it lists as "Cash Back Dollars Earned Program to Date".
2. When I look at each month's statement, the Total Cash Back Dollars is higher than what it lists as "Cash Back Dollars Earned Program to Date".
3. The totals in #1 and #2 match, so I have to assume my "Cash Back Dollars Earned Program to Date" is incorrect. But why? I assume it has something to do with the (seeming) extra Cash Back dollars - as the above example implies I received 11% CB!
4. I was a fool and didn't screen cap the offer when I applied. There was some sort of Welcome Bonus. In a small number of purchases, the description is "Cash Back Welcome Bonus" - but I can't remember what the bonus was! I recall something about spending $1000 in the first three months. Does anyone know? I applied in late Oct. First purchase was on 04 Nov. The welcome bonus showed up sporadically, from 04 Nov to 03 Jan (which fits with the three months.) But the total for that is only $6.65.
5. During the promo period, the Gas/Groceries/PAPs didn't have this weirdness - it seemed to follow the proper 6%. For example:
13-Dec-2017 Cash Back - Gas Accel. Accelerator
Cash Back Dollars: 0.63 (2%)
13-Dec-2017 SHELL OIL 63670220142 PURCHASE
Cash Back Dollars: 0.31 (1%)
13-Dec-2017 Cash Back Welcome Bonus Bonus
Amount:
Cash Back Dollars: 0.94 (3%)

I'm hoping the weirdness with the 11% comes out in my favour, as I messed up during the promo period and didn't it the $3500 mark. Doh!
to make it easy ... the bonus of 5% is always entered twice ...
so basically, you can ignore the second 5% entry for the same purchase ...