• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2024 2:49 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
2147 posts
959 upvotes
By the way, are Canadian grocery stores/restaurants recognized by this card as such (resulting in 2%/3% cashback, respectively)?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7372 posts
9177 upvotes
Montreal
mbmbkop wrote: By the way, are Canadian grocery stores/restaurants recognized by this card as such (resulting in 2%/3% cashback, respectively)?
Yes
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
mbmbkop wrote: Going through the thread now for useful info... So, just to double check. You faxed your application, got the card, spent $500, did NOT send/fax them any additional info, and got your $200 bonus about 4 months after reaching that min spend?

I just got the card (3 weeks after faxing my application ... almost gave up), so am wondering if there is anything I now need to do about that $200 bonus, or if it will get issued automatically.
efrant wrote: It was $150 until July 9th. The $200 promo started July 10th.
@mbmbkop couldn't have applied since yesterday and get the card already, that means $150 CB WB.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7372 posts
9177 upvotes
Montreal
mbmbkop wrote: By the way, are Canadian grocery stores/restaurants recognized by this card as such (resulting in 2%/3% cashback, respectively)?
Hmm. I just checked my rewards balance. Something strange is going on. I'm getting 3% back on gas/groceries/dining, not just dining. Bizarre.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
2147 posts
959 upvotes
efrant wrote: It was $150 until July 9th. The $200 promo started July 10th.
Oh well.. I'll be ok with $150 as well. This is a good card without any sign-up promo imho.

efrant wrote: Hmm. I just checked my rewards balance. Something strange is going on. I'm getting 3% back on gas/groceries/dining, not just dining. Bizarre.
Interesting. I am going to try to reload my PP MC with it tomorrow (at Safeway). I am hoping for at least 2% CB, but if I get 3% I will not complain :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6337 posts
1505 upvotes
mbmbkop wrote: There is a promo now: $200 after $500 min spend (https://www.tdbank.com/personalcreditca ... scard.html ), but does anybody know when it started? I did not bother to check what promo was active when I applied for this card 3 weeks ago.
Hmm they increased the promo back to $200, interesting.

So to answer your other questions...it seems many who signed up during the $150 promo were getting theirs deposited into their accounts automatically after $500 spend. I signed up a bit earlier...no, I didn't fax in proof of promo but they did say they checked when my account was opened and that I had met $500 spend. I called customer service ~1 month after I had passed the $500 mark.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3320 posts
1214 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
Just applied for the card and faxed in my application. Hoping to have the card before travelling in mid August.

To confirm, does the $200 bonus apply automatically after reaching $500 spend?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
bargain man wrote: Just applied for the card and faxed in my application. Hoping to have the card before travelling in mid August.

To confirm, does the $200 bonus apply automatically after reaching $500 spend?
It'll appear in your "rewards" same or next day that you hit $500 USD spend. You'll then be able to redeem it as a statement credit.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3320 posts
1214 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
titaniumtux wrote: It'll appear in your "rewards" same or next day that you hit $500 USD spend. You'll then be able to redeem it as a statement credit.
Perfect! just the answer i was looking for
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3320 posts
1214 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
Applied yesterday and already had the credit inquiry as reported by credit karma.

How are you notified on approval?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
2147 posts
959 upvotes
bargain man wrote: Applied yesterday and already had the credit inquiry as reported by credit karma.

How are you notified on approval?
You aren’t. Either wait for your new card to arrive in a few weeks or call them.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
mbmbkop wrote: You aren’t. Either wait for your new card to arrive in a few weeks or call them.
+1 this.

The most mysterious part of the process Upside-down Face

Data point: TD Cash now working with Google Pay. Was down for the past couple weeks, but issue is resolved. Happy linking!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Just found out from customer service that it's possible to take more than one TD Cash. Just apply again.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2014
1579 posts
1817 upvotes
Montreal
Sorry but not sure I understand it all here.

I have a TD Bank account (+ TD Canada 2 Visa infinite cards and checking account), and when I start the application and enter my TD Bank online banking info, I get a popup telling me :

Based on your info on file, it appears you do not have a U.S. address. You must be a U.S. resident with a U.S. address to apply for a TD Bank credit card.
If you think the address we have for you is incorrect or not current, call us at 1-877-700-2913 or visit a TD Bank and we'll get it fixed.

Is that an obligation to have a US address? or is the fax option gonna work? thanks guys :)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7372 posts
9177 upvotes
Montreal
ben85deals wrote: Sorry but not sure I understand it all here.

I have a TD Bank account (+ TD Canada 2 Visa infinite cards and checking account), and when I start the application and enter my TD Bank online banking info, I get a popup telling me :

Based on your info on file, it appears you do not have a U.S. address. You must be a U.S. resident with a U.S. address to apply for a TD Bank credit card.
If you think the address we have for you is incorrect or not current, call us at 1-877-700-2913 or visit a TD Bank and we'll get it fixed.

Is that an obligation to have a US address? or is the fax option gonna work? thanks guys :)
You need to have a U.S. address (and it has to be within TD Bank's footprint) to apply for a TD Bank credit card.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
ben85deals wrote: Sorry but not sure I understand it all here.

efrant wrote: You need to have a U.S. address (and it has to be within TD Bank's footprint) to apply for a TD Bank credit card.
+1 this.

Get a mail forwarding address on US East Coast and input that on form, then fax it in.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2014
1579 posts
1817 upvotes
Montreal
titaniumtux wrote: +1 this.

Get a mail forwarding address on US East Coast and input that on form, then fax it in.
Thanks OP, so when I fill in the form that I need to fax, I don't enter anything in the SSN 4 digits field (1st page), and I select "No" when they ask if I am a US resident on page 2 is that correct?
Thanks again for ur help, very helpful post
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
ben85deals wrote: Thanks OP, so when I fill in the form that I need to fax, I don't enter anything in the SSN 4 digits field (1st page), and I select "No" when they ask if I am a US resident on page 2 is that correct?
Thanks again for ur help, very helpful post
Correct. SSN blank. US resident, no.