Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

TD Customers : Free $20 or $30 Ultimate Dining Card with UGO App

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2016 10:35 am
Deal Guru
Feb 28, 2006
12987 posts
6518 upvotes
strippedaway wrote:
kdub69 wrote:

I did the dine16 abd added a td visa but got no email etc

For the Dine16 promo you have to add a loyalty card, not a credit card.
Would a Scene card count as a loyalty card?
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
The app seems to think it can now beem it's way to pay for my purchases now ... Can it actually?
Or is this function only available on certain devices? What piece of technology is it using? My camera? My cell connection?

I know it SAYS it will work, I'm just trying to figure out IF it will work before I look like an idiot at the grocery store line-up.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1329 posts
360 upvotes
jeffyjaixx wrote:
strippedaway wrote:
kdub69 wrote:

I did the dine16 abd added a td visa but got no email etc

For the Dine16 promo you have to add a loyalty card, not a credit card.
Would a Scene card count as a loyalty card?
After you choose to add a loyalty card, it'll ask for the name of the loyalty program and when I started to type "Scene" it came up as a suggestion so it looks like it should work for sure. Tbh though I don't think it matter what card you put on so long as you put it down as a loyalty card. That's just my guess though.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7135 posts
3737 upvotes
Montreal
DaVibe wrote: The app seems to think it can now beem it's way to pay for my purchases now ... Can it actually?
Or is this function only available on certain devices? What piece of technology is it using? My camera? My cell connection?

I know it SAYS it will work, I'm just trying to figure out IF it will work before I look like an idiot at the grocery store line-up.
It uses NFC. What phone do you have? Typically, if your phone wasn't compatible, it wouldn't have let you set up the app.
May 5, 2016
535 posts
547 upvotes
Are we supposed to get a confirmation email? I downloaded the App, used the credit16 promo code and added my TD credit card, everything seems to have worked fine but i didn't get a confirmation about the gift card anywhere, and i didn't get an email either,.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
psyko514 wrote:
DaVibe wrote: The app seems to think it can now beem it's way to pay for my purchases now ... Can it actually?

It uses NFC. What phone do you have? Typically, if your phone wasn't compatible, it wouldn't have let you set up the app.
Nexus 5. Okay, good to know, thanks.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Jun 20, 2009
750 posts
194 upvotes
GTA
I did not receive email from TD. But I downloaded the app and entered dine16 promo code. I added scene card and couple of other cards. It says if you have already completed the steps, your award will appear in marketplace by Aug 31. Will I get any confirmation email to tell if I did everything right?

Someone else also asked this above, how will they know if I am TD customer or not as I was not asked any info regarding TD?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1329 posts
360 upvotes
azorahai wrote: Are we supposed to get a confirmation email? I downloaded the App, used the credit16 promo code and added my TD credit card, everything seems to have worked fine but i didn't get a confirmation about the gift card anywhere, and i didn't get an email either,.
Did you check your junk email? That's where my eligibility email was even though the original email I received from them (concerning me making an account) was in my regular inbox.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Got my confirmation email today.

Per Freebie101's T&C listing in post #42 and within the email received (bold & unlined):

Fulfillment:
On or before August 31, 2016 Eligible Participants will be able to claim their e-Gift Card through their UGO Wallet. Eligible Participants must keep the UGO Wallet app on their smartphone until they have claimed and redeemed the e-Gift Card. No hard copy of the e-Gift Card will be provided. The e-Gift Card may not appear exactly as depicted. The e-Gift Card must be claimed by September 30, 2016 or it will expire. Once claimed, the e-Gift Card will not expire.

I see the promo listed under Marketplace but don't see how to claim the GC. As I've never used the app before, I'm assuming something will appear closer to Aug 31 allowing us to claim the GC.
Oct 22, 2012
452 posts
836 upvotes
musicmastomagic wrote: I did not receive email from TD. But I downloaded the app and entered dine16 promo code. I added scene card and couple of other cards. It says if you have already completed the steps, your award will appear in marketplace by Aug 31. Will I get any confirmation email to tell if I did everything right?

Someone else also asked this above, how will they know if I am TD customer or not as I was not asked any info regarding TD?
The only involvement TD has in this (aside from partnering with PC Financial to launch UGO Wallet) is letting some customers know about the promotion. You do not have to be a TD customer to use the DINE16 code. However, you do have to use a TD credit card (and an NFC-compatible Android phone) to use the CREDIT16 code.

It's similar to what Scotiabank does when Amex is running a promo that Scotia Amex Gold cardholders qualify for. They let everyone know that it's happening. Good PR at minimal cost.
Jun 20, 2009
750 posts
194 upvotes
GTA
I got an email:
We’re happy to share the news that you have qualified for a free e-gift card.

Your FREE $20 Ultimate Dining Card will automatically appear in the Marketplace section of your UGO Wallet by August 31, 2016.*

Please claim your card by September 30.* Once claimed, your e-gift card will not expire.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4846 posts
2019 upvotes
Ottawa
azorahai wrote: Are we supposed to get a confirmation email? I downloaded the App, used the credit16 promo code and added my TD credit card, everything seems to have worked fine but i didn't get a confirmation about the gift card anywhere, and i didn't get an email either,.
I got a confirmation e-mail that told me to check the app on Aug 31st
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1867 upvotes
Scarborough
more importantly, is that 20 or 30 bucks actually worth something you can get, or will it cause you to SPEND more just to USE this credit/gift?
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
transitguy1 wrote: more importantly, is that 20 or 30 bucks actually worth something you can get, or will it cause you to SPEND more just to USE this credit/gift?
It is a GIFT CARD
I use them at Harvey's
All The Ultimate Dining Card cards are redeemable at nine of Canada’s best-loved restaurants: Milestones Grill + Bar®, Montana’s Cookhouse &
Bar™ , Kelsey’s®, Harvey’s®, Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill®, Casey’s Grill + Bar®, Fionn MacCools®, D’Arcy McGee’s®, Patty Flaherty’s®, Tir nan Og®, East Side Mario’s® and Bier Markt®.
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Feb 2, 2003
476 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
Well I have a TD credit card but I don't have an android phone. My husband does though. I tried to add my credit card to the UGO app on his phone but it asked to go to a TD account to verify. Don't want to do that.
How do I delete the promo for the $30 dining card and add the $20 instead? I don't see an option anywhere to do that. Anyone know how to do this?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2370 posts
717 upvotes
Toronto
strange, my wife got the confirmation email, but I didn't after we each installed, put promo code and added 3 reward cards in UGO...
Jan 7, 2012
3 posts
MISSISSAUGA
How do I add my TD credit card? Do I add it as a loyalty or other?
Mar 15, 2011
572 posts
442 upvotes
Waterloo
jeffyjaixx wrote:Just downloaded and created an account for the DINE16 promo. So I just added my SCENE card as a loyalty card, would that work? Now I just wait till the 31st to get the $20 off barcode?
Thats correct and yes your SCENE card will work no problem.
cendse wrote:Installed Bluestacks, then installed UGO Wallet, then tried to open UGO Wallet, but UGO Wallet hangs on opening the app (Bluestacks doesn't seem to be freezing). Does anyone else have this problem?
et3rn1ty wrote:
cendse wrote: Installed Bluestacks, then installed UGO Wallet, then tried to open UGO Wallet, but UGO Wallet hangs on opening the app (Bluestacks doesn't seem to be freezing). Does anyone else have this problem?
Happened to me as well. Reinstalled but still the same so I gave up. Didn't work in my phone either
Strange, maybe they have updated their app to block bluestacks since there last promo.
Are you two using the Windows version or Mac version?
Nikitty wrote:Well I have a TD credit card but I don't have an android phone. My husband does though. I tried to add my credit card to the UGO app on his phone but it asked to go to a TD account to verify. Don't want to do that.
How do I delete the promo for the $30 dining card and add the $20 instead? I don't see an option anywhere to do that. Anyone know how to do this?
Best to contact UGO support at this point.
omran1 wrote: How do I add my TD credit card? Do I add it as a loyalty or other?
Are you using a compatible Android device?
If so then that should be a "Payment" option. This option won't show up on a iPhone.
If you do have a compatible Android device and still don't see it, then best to contact UGO support.
Jan 17, 2010
777 posts
283 upvotes
does the app for android users just not load and freezes and nothing happens?
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2015
1112 posts
1318 upvotes
Toronto
FigNewton wrote: does the app for android users just not load and freezes and nothing happens?
No problem at all on my G5.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)