Investing

TD e-Series funds Megathread (Post all your questions here)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2024 8:10 am
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2010
1595 posts
589 upvotes
canabiz wrote: Apology if this has been discussed before but I am getting back into the swing of things with RFD after a long absence so my search skills aren't quite it used to be :)

I am looking to convert an existing TD mutual fund into e-series but it looks like the form is no longer available on TD website, does anyone have the correct link? Many thanks!

https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/products- ... -forms.jsp
Deepwater quoted a website a page or two ago indicating that they're no longer allowing you to open/transfer into e-series via a mutual fund account. The only way to get these funds now is through TD DI.
Dec 23, 2008
915 posts
121 upvotes
Guelph
canabiz wrote: Apology if this has been discussed before but I am getting back into the swing of things with RFD after a long absence so my search skills aren't quite it used to be :)

I am looking to convert an existing TD mutual fund into e-series but it looks like the form is no longer available on TD website, does anyone have the correct link? Many thanks!

https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/products- ... -forms.jsp
I had called TD Investing - Mutual dept in late February, and was advised this option is no longer available. I believe it stopped in Early February 2020. Only option to purchase eseries is now through TD DI.
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12184 posts
5651 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks very much for your feedback, folks. We do have a TD Direct Investing Direct Cash (non-registered) trading account and I will call TD DI tomorrow to see if I can convert this account to TFSA and then start buying TD e-series mutual funds from there.

Thanks again for your input.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2008
1037 posts
351 upvotes
I do not have TD DI.
I open TD mutual funds for RESP account and buy e-series funds.
The last time I did this in Jan 2020.
Can I continue to do this in 2021?
signature removed - advertising is not permitted in signatures
Feb 9, 2018
606 posts
520 upvotes
mouseswimming wrote: I do not have TD DI.
I open TD mutual funds for RESP account and buy e-series funds.
The last time I did this in Jan 2020.
Can I continue to do this in 2021?
If you have already converted regular TD e-series MF account to TD e-series. Yes, you can continue buying e-series funds in that account. There should be no change.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3279 posts
1272 upvotes
Montreal
I personally prefer Easyweb VS TDDI for buying E-series since TDDI seems to need to first provision with money youre TDDI account (takes 1-2 days if you dont have a chequing account with TD) from an external bank before you can actually purchase E-series mutual fund.
With easyweb, my account is linked with my external bank and I can jut place E-series buying orders instantly without having to provision my account first....

I am fairly new to TDDI... am I right here?
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2010
1595 posts
589 upvotes
Mcklain wrote: I personally prefer Easyweb VS TDDI for buying E-series since TDDI seems to need to first provision with money youre TDDI account (takes 1-2 days if you dont have a chequing account with TD) from an external bank before you can actually purchase E-series mutual fund.
With easyweb, my account is linked with my external bank and I can jut place E-series buying orders instantly without having to provision my account first....

I am fairly new to TDDI... am I right here?
You are correct, and that's why I also prefer using Easyweb for my e-series, the ease of the PPP's is also a bonus.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
4313 posts
2738 upvotes
Canada
I see the minimum purchase for TDB900 (TD Canadian Index) is $100. Does this mean I could purchase $109.55 for example?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2018
2265 posts
1511 upvotes
I have TD e-series CCP and Questrade account. TD's MER still seems to be very high these days, especially with PACC options on Ishare funds.

Do you guys think it is still worth keeping TD eseries? I usually just sell all my shares in TD eserise towards the end of the year and invest in VGRO anyway, but it would be nice to have all the investments under one roof.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2010
1595 posts
589 upvotes
EDL67134234 wrote: I have TD e-series CCP and Questrade account. TD's MER still seems to be very high these days, especially with PACC options on Ishare funds.

Do you guys think it is still worth keeping TD eseries? I usually just sell all my shares in TD eserise towards the end of the year and invest in VGRO anyway, but it would be nice to have all the investments under one roof.
Isn't it free to buy VGRO at Questrade? If that's the case then it would make sense to just invest there as it would get you the asset allocation you want and have a lower MER.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2018
2265 posts
1511 upvotes
Clacker wrote: Isn't it free to buy VGRO at Questrade? If that's the case then it would make sense to just invest there as it would get you the asset allocation you want and have a lower MER.
Yes, free to buy, $4.95 to sell.

I signed up for E-series awhile back because I wanted automatic contributions to be made.

To my knowledge, Vanguard doesn't offer that service, but Ishares offer PACCs.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2214 posts
3798 upvotes
Thunder Bay, ON
gbill2004 wrote: I see the minimum purchase for TDB900 (TD Canadian Index) is $100. Does this mean I could purchase $109.55 for example?
In WebBroker that is true. Don't know about EasyWeb, but probably true as well.

In the Buy & Sell screen make sure you set your Quantity Type to Dollar Amount, not Units. That's one small advantage of mutual funds, it's easy to keep all your cash invested.
When I was young, I was poor. Now, after years of hard work, I'm no longer young.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
4313 posts
2738 upvotes
Canada
Deepwater wrote: In WebBroker that is true. Don't know about EasyWeb, but probably true as well.

In the Buy & Sell screen make sure you set your Quantity Type to Dollar Amount, not Units. That's one small advantage of mutual funds, it's easy to keep all your cash invested.
Perfect thank you! Yes I'll be doing it in WebBroker. I've got some extra cash lying around from extra DRIP dividends so was hoping I could use that to buy more funds.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
4313 posts
2738 upvotes
Canada
Why does TDB908 never issue a dividend, even though many of the underlying companies in the index do?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2017
1115 posts
233 upvotes
Hello,
How can I buy some GIC's through TD direct investing, I cannot get a hold of their agents through phone ?
TIA.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
Has anyone recently transferred a RRSP from a different company to a TD e-series RRSP?
I have the required form from the other company, but there is a transfer form I also need from TD. Can I download it somewhere online in my account, or this can only be done by phone/in branch visit?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1173 posts
1150 upvotes
Has anyone had any experience with parking cash using EasyWeb TD e-Series? Someone suggested using TDB8150 but the only information I can find seems to indicate you can only purchase TDB8150 through TD Direct Investing.

Edit: Alternatively, how would you be able to switch the e-Series in a TFSA EasyWeb account to cash without triggering a TFSA withdrawal?
Aug 31, 2020
25 posts
42 upvotes
I've recently switched my e-series to TDDI and I've noticed that the TDB909 distributions have not been payed for August. Under EasyWeb I would have expected distributions on August 28, and it would have showed up in the transactions page on August 31st. We're September 1st now and there's nothing, no shares or no cash. Is this normal with TDDI or should I call them? Thanks.

edit: Nevermind, it fixed itself. Shows up as DRIP trade on September 1st and settle date on August 28.
Last edited by Thal81 on Sep 1st, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.