• Jun 2nd, 2019 10:18 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 24, 2013
615 posts
1235 upvotes
Mississauga

TD E-transfer issue- any experience??

I sent e-transfer many times but my last e- transfer shows "pending" in my account since 7th may.. I can not cancel it, also other party did not receive it as they already checked with the bank and email address is also correct. i called many times to TD and no one is able to help.. they say- they will get back to us in 2 days, but no one still has answered about where my money is?? can any of my RFD friend guide me?? Thanks
9 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2414 posts
1299 upvotes
Winnipeg
TD is notorious for cancelling people's e-transfer privileges and not telling people, I am not saying that is what it is, but might be something to check into.
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
[OP]
Jun 24, 2013
615 posts
1235 upvotes
Mississauga
hvwozq wrote:
May 29th, 2019 7:08 pm
Call Interac and ask if they can see it.
i did they can see it, not gone , and they asked me to contact TD and do manual return, but this TD people keep on saying they can not do it as it is gone out of TD, i am so tired of calling TD..
thanks
Feb 9, 2018
251 posts
170 upvotes
A friend of mine had the exact same issue when he interac me small sum owed couple of years ago through TD. His end was showing pending and I never received it. But he was quick to escalate calling TD's contact centre directly. TD acknowledged issue on their end and transaction was cancelled in a nightly maintenance by their IT at the backend. At that point, he re-sent it to me the next day and I received it right away.

Point is that you need to escalate until you find the right person.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1050 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto
Have done e-transfers with TD many times. Haven't had any issue yet.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
5515 posts
488 upvotes
Ottawa
Doesn’t the Emt expire after 30d? Ie. you’ll get your money back? That’s the brute force method.
Nov 8, 2017
988 posts
481 upvotes
RBC instantaneous etransfers and free, never a problem