Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 13, 2011
24 posts
2 upvotes
Chilliwack

TD EasyWeb Security

Has anyone downloaded TD's security for online banking ?

Easy installation. And it operates in the background, protecting your computer without slowing you down or impacting other applications

By clicking ‘Download’ you will receive a product from a third-party website over which we have no control. The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates (“TD”) is not responsible for the content of third party products hyper-linked from this page, and TD is not responsible for any products or services offered on third party sites.

If you have any questions or issues with your Trusteer Rapport product, please contact Trusteer Customer Support at www.trusteer.com/support.

This service is offered by Trusteer, independent of The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates (“TD”). TD is not responsible for any goods or services offered.
8 replies
Jul 28, 2012
961 posts
355 upvotes
Montreal
I already use Trusteer (as suggested by CIBC). However, "without slowing you down" was not always true in my case. I noticed that sometimes, my browser would freeze for a good 10 seconds when trying to access certain contents at designated secure websites (such as CIBC). I still don't know if it was Trusteer doing its job and actually stopping some sort of intrusion.
[OP]
Jun 13, 2011
24 posts
2 upvotes
Chilliwack
Thanks airodyssey , don't know whether its necessary to use , beneficial or what not .
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1984 posts
144 upvotes
OP - You should do a Google on this, there are lots of negative opinions on it. I think I will stay away from it for the time being.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18685 posts
3305 upvotes
GTA West
tsatsa wrote:
Nov 24th, 2013 1:55 pm
OP - You should do a Google on this, there are lots of negative opinions on it. I think I will stay away from it for the time being.
Even beyond this software, I have always been leery of TD's online security:

1. Login based on your debit card number, which anyone can read off your debit card. (Some other banks let you set a username.)
2. Password is maximum 8 characters in length.
3. No "personal verification question," i.e. "Enter the last name of the best man from your wedding, etc."

This is well behind other banks that operate in Canada. I find it strange that TD has one of the worst, most aggressive anti-customer fraud policies in their chip&pin cardholder agreements, yet they have extremely basic protection for their online banking.

I think most Canadian banks need to get with the program and have one-time verification code like the "Google 2 Step Authenticator" type of system that some foreign banks use.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
22516 posts
4361 upvotes
Waterloo
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Nov 24th, 2013 2:00 pm

1. Login based on your debit card number, which anyone can read off your debit card. (Some other banks let you set a username.)
3. No "personal verification question," i.e. "Enter the last name of the best man from your wedding, etc."

This is well behind other banks that operate in Canada. I find it strange that TD has one of the worst, most aggressive anti-customer fraud policies in their chip&pin cardholder agreements, yet they have extremely basic protection for their online banking.

I think most Canadian banks need to get with the program and have one-time verification code like the "Google 2 Step Authenticator" type of system that some foreign banks use.
TD lets you choose a USERNAME now as well

ING lets you use client # or USERNAME, but does ask security questions/images, then the PIN #
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18685 posts
3305 upvotes
GTA West
jerryhung wrote:
Nov 24th, 2013 2:05 pm
TD lets you choose a USERNAME now as well

ING lets you use client # or USERNAME, but does ask security questions/images, then the PIN #
Thanks, I did not notice that TD had introduced the username option.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4091 posts
2384 upvotes
airodyssey wrote:
Nov 24th, 2013 12:43 pm
I already use Trusteer (as suggested by CIBC). However, "without slowing you down" was not always true in my case. I noticed that sometimes, my browser would freeze for a good 10 seconds when trying to access certain contents at designated secure websites (such as CIBC). I still don't know if it was Trusteer doing its job and actually stopping some sort of intrusion.
+1
Deal Fanatic
Dec 21, 2005
5242 posts
483 upvotes
Markham
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Nov 24th, 2013 2:00 pm

Re: #3

If you log-in from an unusual IP address, ie diff country, you will be prompted for a security question.
:idea: :) :lol: :razz: :D