Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD Bank

First class travel visa infinite $200 welcome bonus + $50 cashback + FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2016 2:11 pm
Nov 6, 2012
106 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
I had a emerald and US visa card with TD. Before that a TD driver's visa.

The driver's visa gave me so little to spend on.

Cancelled all and got the TD first class.

Thanks guys.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3864 posts
1150 upvotes
Toronto
Would signing up for 2-3 credits at one time be detrimental to my credit score if I'm already around 750+?
Jun 5, 2007
582 posts
269 upvotes
North York
Saw the GCR email. States 50k points now instead of 40k
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
2587 posts
258 upvotes
Calgary
jerryhung wrote: 10K = $50
40K = $200 worth of credit to redeem via ExpediaForTD, for hotels, car rentals, flights, etc...
Can one find out the redemption options without having the card. I like to know what is available before I apply for the card?
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26761 posts
9330 upvotes
where I belong
Pointseeker wrote: Can one find out the redemption options without having the card. I like to know what is available before I apply for the card?
No
not sure if having other TD Cards (like Gold Elite) works

but in general, ExpediaForTD matches Expedia.ca rates, that's how you know
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
3105 posts
1530 upvotes
Pointseeker wrote: Can one find out the redemption options without having the card. I like to know what is available before I apply for the card?
You can redeem as cash against any travel purchase including things like transit. 40,000 pts worth $160. Otherwise anything found on Expedia will get you $200 against that. Expediafortd is just a branded version of Expedia.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2014
1579 posts
1815 upvotes
Montreal
ValueHunter999 wrote: This may have been asked, but if I book hotel using expediaForTD, can I pay using a CC other than the TD FC?
Not possible
Jan 22, 2009
174 posts
9 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote: This may have been asked, but if I book hotel using expediaForTD, can I pay using a CC other than the TD FC?
They charge your cc right when you make the booking. I double checked by calling as well, and they confirmed NOPE. not even if you have a gift card of the hotel you are going to.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1067 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any current "All Inclusive" bank account holders know if the annual fee will be waived in full (not just 50% as per GCR)?
Nov 6, 2012
106 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Yes I did apply via GCR. Got the welcome bonus plus the cashback.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2004
1109 posts
109 upvotes
i have an RBC Infinite Avion. For 35k points I can take a flight anywhere in Canada and U.S up to $750. Is it the same for this card as well?
REFERENCES: ebay : desisuperman
Heatware
Feb 29, 2016
54 posts
4 upvotes
adamtheman wrote: I signed up for this through GCR (before the new promo).

The promo I signed up for was 50k welcome bonus (20k+30k?) and 50% off the annual fee

Just wondering, do I need to spend a certain amount in the first 3 months to get the 30k? It sounds like $1,000? If so where does it say this? And when does the annual fee come off? (I was charged $120?). So I'll get $60 back after 2-3 months?

Final question - why is TD so complicated?
I was also charged 120$ even though i had All inclusive chequing account . I called them to reverse it . You should call them to get 60$ back in my opinion.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4776 posts
5068 upvotes
East GTA
ValueHunter999 wrote: it seems the td reward website is really slow ...
and timeout occasionally ...

Has anyone experienced this?
Yeah it acts really odd on Chrome, but it works fine for me on Firefox or IE.
May 17, 2012
95 posts
81 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I got charged $120, called in and the rep said they will credit $120 back at the 3rd statement cycle.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
2587 posts
258 upvotes
Calgary
incarcerated wrote: I got charged $120, called in and the rep said they will credit $120 back at the 3rd statement cycle.
Make sure you monitor that and call if its late. I happen to me and the call fixed that. They credited manually when the third statement came and went without the credit. I suggest you call them before the third statement is being generated to remind them.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
3647 posts
3043 upvotes
Do taxis count as travel for Book Any Way redemptions? The site lists Airport parking, Limos, Shuttles and Go Trains, subways or similar local commuter transportations, but doesn't mention taxis.

What about Uber?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
2587 posts
258 upvotes
Calgary
ValueHunter999 wrote: Same happened to me ...

but the thing to know is that TD will not generate a statement if there is no spending ... and thus the refund will not happen if no spending in the 3rd month.

I called in and TD manual refunded the fee ...
I did have spending and the third cycle did not produce the refund. Had to call and it was manually adjusted the next day. All cool. But the 5000 points needs more time the rep said. Will see what happens.
Dec 21, 2010
344 posts
258 upvotes
On TD website, it says:
https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/products- ... e-card.jsp

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The changes to the value of TD Points for Book Any Way travel purchases are:
Being postponed at this time, if your statement address is in Quebec. Click here for more information.

Seems TD is postponing the change from 1.5% return to 1.2% return for booking yourself.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)