Hot Deals

Locked: [TD First Class Visa Infinite] 50,000 TD point - no minimum spending [Except Quebec]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2017 3:53 pm
Sep 23, 2013
41 posts
50 upvotes
Montreal
Hi. Sorry to burst this bubble, but this is the same deal as posted here: td-first-class-visa-infinite-td-first-c ... f-2124792/

Also, the 30 000pt bonus for keeping your account in good standing for 90 days after approval is for QUEBEC ONLY. All other provinces have a $1000 minimum spend to get the 30 000pts.
See your link url which ends in "....../index-quebec/" - meaning for Quebec only.
Also see this post: td-first-class-visa-infinite-td-first-c ... #p28577946

If all you non-Quebecers can pull this off, then hats off to you; but I doubt it. Your bonus offer and conditions are based on your account address.
SavvyShopperCa wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 2:30 pm
Please delete if duplicate. This is similar to the offer that was posted here a while back, but you do not have to spend $1,000 to get the additional 30,000 points. Offer terms below:

Apply by December 3, 2017 to get a full Annual Fee rebate for the Primary Cardholder for the first year and up to 50,000 TD Points as follows:
•Welcome Bonus of 20,000 TD Points when you make your first Purchase with your Card

Plus
•30,000 TD Points when you keep your Account open, active and in good standing for 90 days after Account approval
[OP]
Oct 13, 2017
17 posts
13 upvotes
Halifax
Good Day Sir/Madam,

I was very clear that this is similar to another post here on RFD, hence the sentence "this is similar to the offer that was posted here a while back". The reason for this post is to clarify that the $1,000 min. spending is no longer required to get the additional points. I have read through the webpage and I could not find anything regarding the offer being restricted to Quebec. So unless you are able to provide an evidence that this post is not accurate, I ask you stand corrected.

happiy wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 7:35 pm
Hi. Sorry to burst this bubble, but this is the same deal as posted here: td-first-class-visa-infinite-td-first-c ... f-2124792/

Also, the 30 000pt bonus for keeping your account in good standing for 90 days after approval is for QUEBEC ONLY. All other provinces have a $1000 minimum spend to get the 30 000pts.
See your link url which ends in "....../index-quebec/" - meaning for Quebec only.
Also see this post: td-first-class-visa-infinite-td-first-c ... #p28577946

If all you non-Quebecers can pull this off, then hats off to you; but I doubt it. Your bonus offer and conditions are based on your account address.
Nov 25, 2013
41 posts
24 upvotes
Markham
SavvyShopperCa wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 7:49 pm
Good Day Sir/Madam,

I was very clear that this is similar to another post here on RFD, hence the sentence "this is similar to the offer that was posted here a while back". The reason for this post is to clarify that the $1,000 min. spending is no longer required to get the additional points. I have read through the webpage and I could not find anything regarding the offer being restricted to Quebec. So unless you are able to provide an evidence that this post is not accurate, I ask you stand corrected.
Actually, I just called TD to inquire about this card/promo (I'm in Toronto). They told me I still need the $1000 minimum spending in order to get the additional 30k points.
Sep 23, 2013
41 posts
50 upvotes
Montreal
I applied for this card by phone after seeing the other deal. Since I am in Quebec, I saw the exact same TD webpage that you linked to. Based on that, I thought I was good to go. But, I ended up spending over 10 minutes on the phone arguing with the TD agent because she insisted that there is a $1000 spending minimum to obtain the 30 000pt bonus. Only after speaking to her supervisor was she informed that the deal is $1000 spending minimum for all provinces EXCEPT QUEBEC.
SavvyShopperCa wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 7:49 pm
Good Day Sir/Madam,

[OP]
Oct 13, 2017
17 posts
13 upvotes
Halifax
I live in Nova Scotia, and their page does not say anything about the $1,000 or only in Quebec. Is it possible that they changed it recently but never bothered to tell their customer service about it ?
Kaminakun wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 7:54 pm
Actually, I just called TD to inquire about this card/promo (I'm in Toronto). They told me I still need the $1000 minimum spending in order to get the additional 30k points.
Sep 23, 2013
41 posts
50 upvotes
Montreal
In that case, maybe best to call TD and verify which provinces have which deal.
Kaminakun wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 7:54 pm

SavvyShopperCa wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 7:59 pm
I live in Nova Scotia, and their page does not say anything about the $1,000 or only in Quebec. Is it possible that they changed it recently but never bothered to tell their customer service about it ?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7658 posts
1364 upvotes
Yea I'm curious too. Is the 3 Dec deadline a new promo? Was it always 3 dec deadline? If the 3 dec is new, then maybe this is a different promo that nobody has to spend 1000 in 3 months.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20469 posts
3160 upvotes
Waterloo
Title is confusing/WRONG/opposite IMO

OP Deal/URL goes to QC page - no $1000 minimum
https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-banking/products/credit-cards/travel-rewards/first-class-travel-visa-infinite-card/index-quebec/

Everywhere else - $1K minimum (as I expected)
https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-banking/products/credit-cards/travel-rewards/first-class-travel-visa-infinite-card/

I don't think by applying via a QC URL can get you the 50K offer if you're NOT in QC, not worth risking it
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Oct 17, 2013
130 posts
17 upvotes
Summerside, PE
I have a TD infinite Visa. Am I better off just applying and seeing if they will approve me for this visa, or calling and speaking with someone. Thanks guys.
Feb 24, 2015
45 posts
4 upvotes
nova scotia
im in nova scotia also , dont see where it says spend $1000 or anything about quebec , signed up for card , will wait and when i get card will phone td and tell them what offer i had before i activate card
Jul 16, 2007
217 posts
107 upvotes
This post is definitely inaccurate...

The fine print may not say Quebec only, but it is in the link URL. I suppose you can argue with TD though... Seems like a big hassle and YMMV. Better to just play the silent churner game :D