Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 10:33 pm
Sep 2, 2014
733 posts
176 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Applied last week and got the card on this Tuesday.
So basically this card is 1.5% rewards back? purchase on Expedia for TD is 4.5% (online) & 3% (phone)
Apr 21, 2006
337 posts
29 upvotes
Just got approved for my second card...agent said I would be able to combine my points into one account....but he said I can't combine my wife's points (she has one card) into my account...Is this in fact true or is there a way to do it?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3995 posts
476 upvotes
Thornhill
dazz wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 1:54 pm
Anyone ever claimed $50 ExpediaForTD price match guarantee? Is that to be used once or you can claim that as many times as you can? Anyone claimed it more than once? I just priced a 4 hotels at different dates and their website is about $1-3 more expensive than even expedia.ca(lol...) so I am curious if I can submit 4 claims.
bump
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3434 posts
1261 upvotes
gocolts wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 10:25 am
Just got approved for my second card...agent said I would be able to combine my points into one account....but he said I can't combine my wife's points (she has one card) into my account...Is this in fact true or is there a way to do it?
Rep is telling the truth.
td-first-class-visa-infinite-td-first-c ... #p28396242

If there's a way around it I would love to know as well.
Jul 8, 2017
4 posts
2 upvotes
dazz wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 12:34 pm
Anyone ever claimed $50 ExpediaForTD price match guarantee? Is that to be used once or you can claim that as many times as you can? Anyone claimed it more than once? I just priced a 4 hotels at different dates and their website is about $1-3 more expensive than even expedia.ca(lol...) so I am curious if I can submit 4 claims.
Have to login to TD Rewards and then Expedia for TD sites, go to support to see this:

Limit: one (1) Voucher per entire booking, and three (3) Vouchers per customer per calendar month (regardless of the number of accounts used by the customer). Each Voucher is valid for one (1) year from month of issuance. Click here for complete Voucher terms and conditions. Any Voucher issued may be deemed void if it is determined to be in excess of these limits, issued in error, or where the customer is found to be ineligible to receive a Voucher or has been deemed to be abusing this Price Guarantee program for personal or financial gain.

I have done this and received multiple $50 best price vouchers by booking each night separately, takes some time and you may have to follow up 6-8 weeks after your stay dates to get them.
Jun 15, 2017
86 posts
17 upvotes
gocolts wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 10:25 am
Ask if you can transfer from a joint account(where you are the co-applicant) to your sole account.
If yes....get added to your wife's account.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3434 posts
1261 upvotes
fadetogrey wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 10:35 pm
Ask if you can transfer from a joint account(where you are the co-applicant) to your sole account.
If yes....get added to your wife's account.
As per my earlier post about this (td-first-class-visa-infinite-td-first-c ... #p28329520):
I already called TD Rewards about the merging/moving of TD Rewards points between spousal accounts. No can do. Rep said it has to be between two accounts for the same primary cardholder.
But, feel free to call and ask if it's possible when you're a supplementary cardholder of your spouse's card. That would be a nice workaround to this in-demand need to combine points across different accounts. :D
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3715 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
bizee-bee wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 11:59 pm
As per my earlier post about this (td-first-class-visa-infinite-td-first-c ... #p28329520):

But, feel free to call and ask if it's possible when you're a supplementary cardholder of your spouse's card. That would be a nice workaround to this in-demand need to combine points across different accounts. :D
2+ yrs ago, i was able to have my spouse's rbc avion VI pts transferred into my account ... but this was after being told it was not possible ... then after lengthy discussion with a rep ... who then put me on-hold to consult her supervisor ... and came back to tell me that it could only be done at a branch ...
while at the branch i asked the "personal banker" why the phone rep was not able to do it and he could ... the explanation was that since the avion pts are treated like asset ... so any transfer to a "third party" must be "declared" ... and yes there were a few pieces of papers that both of us had to sign before the transfer could take place ...

so ... perhaps ... if you are desperate enough like me ... to want to merge the TD pts ... try calling again and ask if you could do it at a branch ... you may be pleasantly surprised ... :)

keep us posted ...
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Dec 9, 2007
394 posts
22 upvotes
Hi Guys,

Can someone explain the multiple cards/points that people are getting? I don't have any TD credit cards so I'm guessing its too late to sign up for other cards and only this one now? Thanks!
RFD makes me :lol:
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3434 posts
1261 upvotes
deviouSx3 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 1:06 am
Hi Guys,

Can someone explain the multiple cards/points that people are getting? I don't have any TD credit cards so I'm guessing its too late to sign up for other cards and only this one now? Thanks!
If you don't have any existing TD cards then most of the discussion in previous pages doesn't apply to you. However, even if you don't have any TD cards, but you DO bank with TD, then you can call and ask if there are any pre-approved offers on your file. If so, then it usually has an expiry date so you need to act fast to take advantage of it. If this is your case then see point #2 in one of my previous posts, with suggestion to carve out $5K chunks, from the pre-approve to create multiple cards:
td-first-class-visa-infinite-td-first-c ... #p28356386

You will need to confirm that the rep will ALLOW you to have the 50K/FYF promo for all new cards that you open, else don't bother. Maybe open a Cash Back Infinite Visa as a second card then, if you don't mind to spend $3500 (max) to earn 6% promo cash back ($210).
Jun 15, 2017
86 posts
17 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 12:14 am
2+ yrs ago, i was able to have my spouse's rbc avion VI pts transferred into my account ... but this was after being told it was not possible ... then after lengthy discussion with a rep ... who then put me on-hold to consult her supervisor ... and came back to tell me that it could only be done at a branch ...
while at the branch i asked the "personal banker" why the phone rep was not able to do it and he could ... the explanation was that since the avion pts are treated like asset ... so any transfer to a "third party" must be "declared" ... and yes there were a few pieces of papers that both of us had to sign before the transfer could take place ...

so ... perhaps ... if you are desperate enough like me ... to want to merge the TD pts ... try calling again and ask if you could do it at a branch ... you may be pleasantly surprised ... :)

keep us posted ...
Nowadays with RBC,you can transfer points from a joint account where you are a coapplicant to your own sole account,via online banking and telephone call.You still cannot trf between sole accounts.

As a coapplicant you also "own" the points....you can redeem them,so no reason why TD should not allow a transfer of "your points" from a joint account to a sole account .I would use that argument with a TD rep/supervisor if anyone wants to try.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
1996 posts
1397 upvotes
Mordor
got my bonus today! this is a new card.
cross 1000 on oct 1.

Date Description Type Amount TD Points
Oct 31, 2017 TD Points - Bonus Bonus 30,000
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3715 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
fadetogrey wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 10:57 am
Nowadays with RBC,you can transfer points from a joint account where you are a coapplicant to your own sole account,via online banking and telephone call.You still cannot trf between sole accounts.

As a coapplicant you also "own" the points....you can redeem them,so no reason why TD should not allow a transfer of "your points" from a joint account to a sole account .I would use that argument with a TD rep/supervisor if anyone wants to try.
the co-applicant approach has a fee i think ...
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
1996 posts
1397 upvotes
Mordor
also got my bonus on my td aeroplan transferred card to first class.....cross $1000 on oct 29.
Oct 31, 2017 TD Points - Bonus Bonus 30,000
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3434 posts
1261 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 12:13 pm
the co-applicant approach has a fee i think ...
I didn't even realize that TD cards allowed co-applicants, only supplementary/authorized users, which is a BIG difference.