Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 10:33 pm
Feb 13, 2014
372 posts
206 upvotes
RFD Land
fadetogrey wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 8:08 pm
Weird.I got the 20k after the first purchase(before statement cycled).
I'm on hold with TD now.....20 minutes sofar...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I wouldn't complain... it does say 90 Days before you get the 30K bonus. So complaining before your 90 days are up I wouldn't expect too much sympathy from them.

I think it's great if you get your pts before you expect them. I only complain when they are late.
Jun 15, 2017
82 posts
15 upvotes
fadetogrey wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 1:52 pm
The terms do not state that.It states that you have to meet the spend requirement within 90 days.
The rep told me that the 20k points are "system generated" whereas the extra 30k promotion are manually added by a back office.Hesaid I should see it on my next statement.....contrary to the experiences that I have read here.
I smell BS.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3432 posts
1259 upvotes
fadetogrey wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 1:55 pm
The terms do not state that.It states that you have to meet the spend requirement within 90 days.
The rep told me that the 20k points are "system generated" whereas the extra 30k promotion are manually added by a back office.Hesaid I should see it on my next statement.....contrary to the experiences that I have read here.
I smell BS.
You're right, the terms don't say that the final 30K will be awarded after 90 days. I'm the originator of suggested this timeframe, from earlier in this thread, based on how TD has run their Aeroplan Visa offer with the 90 day stipulation and sticking to it, plus the MBNA Best Western promo also awarding points on the 91st day after card approval. Which is why it was pleasantly surprising to see the 30K from this FCT appearing at month-end on Oct 31st, and not tied at all to a statement generation as is commonly typical with 3rd party FFP-affiliated cards (Airmiles, Aeroplan, Best Western, Marriott, SPG).

Good info about the 20K being "system generated", which seems pretty evident from what we've seen, as those points are awarded even before the txn goes from pending to posted. The 30K being manually added is a bit of a surprise to me though, but totally plausible, however as we've mentioned, and contrary to what the rep said, it's not tied to a statement. Well, at least not from what we've seen thus far.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7606 posts
2952 upvotes
East York
i got a TD Cash Back Visa Infinite which after the 6% cashback runs out in 3 months i'll probably want to switch to this First Class one instead. if i buy plane tickets with another TD card though, will i still get travel insurance on my trip with this card after i switch, or the plane tickets need to purchased with the card for the travel health/death insurance to get activated?
Oct 13, 2017
9 posts
12 upvotes
Halifax
Did anyone notice that Td Rewards has recently removed amazon as one of the qualified venders under "Shop the mall" ? I have a feeling that siince this offer started they had an influx of new signups and they will be removing all the good venders
Oct 30, 2013
949 posts
525 upvotes
dazz wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 1:54 pm
Anyone ever claimed $50 ExpediaForTD price match guarantee? Is that to be used once or you can claim that as many times as you can? Anyone claimed it more than once? I just priced a 4 hotels at different dates and their website is about $1-3 more expensive than even expedia.ca(lol...) so I am curious if I can submit 4 claims.
One itinerary can be price matched just once, within the 24 hours of booking.

The $50 voucher and the price difference are given to you AFTER you complete your travel. The $50 voucher can be used towards hotel booking only.

I've used price match many times on ExpediaforTD. I like it because I can get same price as other websites, ExpediaforTD has no cancellation fees of their own, and a $50 voucher every time because ExpediaforTD rarely has the lowest price.
Mar 8, 2006
381 posts
75 upvotes
theganguly wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 6:53 am
...The $50 voucher can be used towards hotel booking only.
Is there an expiry date for the $50 voucher ?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3714 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
fortune88 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 7:14 am
yes, of course ... in fact, iirc, the expiry date was really short ...
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Jun 15, 2017
82 posts
15 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 1:45 am
You're right, the terms don't say that the final 30K will be awarded after 90 days. I'm the originator of suggested this timeframe, from earlier in this thread, based on how TD has run their Aeroplan Visa offer with the 90 day stipulation and sticking to it, plus the MBNA Best Western promo also awarding points on the 91st day after card approval. Which is why it was pleasantly surprising to see the 30K from this FCT appearing at month-end on Oct 31st, and not tied at all to a statement generation as is commonly typical with 3rd party FFP-affiliated cards (Airmiles, Aeroplan, Best Western, Marriott, SPG).

Good info about the 20K being "system generated", which seems pretty evident from what we've seen, as those points are awarded even before the txn goes from pending to posted. The 30K being manually added is a bit of a surprise to me though, but totally plausible, however as we've mentioned, and contrary to what the rep said, it's not tied to a statement. Well, at least not from what we've seen thus far.
No annual fee refund+No 30k promo points="regular application"

I asked the rep to tell me if the account was coded with the FYF and 30k promo and he said he didn't know .I told him that without any such coding,how will the "system" know to award me the promo?This is when he gave me the manual adjustment BS.........

I'm going to resign myself to waiting till after the 3rd statement before they will bother to do anything.
Oct 30, 2013
949 posts
525 upvotes
fortune88 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 7:14 am
Not that I know of. I redeemed it at least 6 months after I got them and had no issues.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
1606 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
I have a TD aeroplan card I can potentially convert to TD FCT for this FYF 50K promo. But I have no plans to travel for the next year. So is it worth it to convert? How liquid are these points if I don't travel?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3432 posts
1259 upvotes
Elfwood wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 4:53 pm
I have a TD aeroplan card I can potentially convert to TD FCT for this FYF 50K promo. But I have no plans to travel for the next year. So is it worth it to convert? How liquid are these points if I don't travel?
I wouldn't bother with this promo then. I'm only familiar with the 200 pts for $1 redemption at Expedia4TD, or the 250 pts for $1 redemption to offset a travel purchase booked outside Expedia4TD. I don't know the redemption rate for a cash credit to the card account, but my guess is that it's not good value. Save your spending for another card that has a minimum spending requirement.

Or, perhaps consider converting it to the Cash Back Visa Infinite card then. Spend $3500 on it at 6% cash back for $210 value.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/td-cash- ... w-2095078/
Mar 10, 2005
258 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
People say this card has very good travel medical insurance, Could someone explain how good it is comparing with other credit card like the Aeorplan one?

Thanks in advance.
Jun 15, 2017
82 posts
15 upvotes
kevinlo2 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 11:17 pm
People say this card has very good travel medical insurance, Could someone explain how good it is comparing with other credit card like the Aeorplan one?

Thanks in advance.
Desjardins Odyssey Gold and National Bank World Elite Mastercard have great travel insurances eg. 60 days medical insurance.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3714 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
fadetogrey wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 11:56 pm
Desjardins Odyssey Gold and National Bank World Elite Mastercard have great travel insurances eg. 60 days medical insurance.
so ... are you going to be out of yr province for over 60 days ...?
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)