Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 8:08 am
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3708 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
fadetogrey wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 10:35 am
Sometimes,twice a year.
if you trust the CC's coverage for that length of time ... then it is the best CC ... :)

so how much is to coverage amount?
(too lazy to look it up myself ...)
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Jun 15, 2017
82 posts
15 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 2:47 pm
if you trust the CC's coverage for that length of time ... then it is the best CC ... :)

so how much is to coverage amount?
(too lazy to look it up myself ...)
I think it's 5 million.....but that's just a guess,I'm too lazy to check too :)
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3708 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
fadetogrey wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 4:12 pm
I think it's 5 million.....but that's just a guess,I'm too lazy to check too :)
what are the exclusions to the coverage ... ?
you must have read all that ... :)
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
Jun 15, 2017
82 posts
15 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 4:16 pm
what are the exclusions to the coverage ... ?
you must have read all that ... :)
When I first got the card,i checked.The usual exclusions....and I don't bungee jump,so I'm all good.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3430 posts
1256 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 2:01 am
i got a TD Cash Back Visa Infinite which after the 6% cashback runs out in 3 months i'll probably want to switch to this First Class one instead. if i buy plane tickets with another TD card though, will i still get travel insurance on my trip with this card after i switch, or the plane tickets need to purchased with the card for the travel health/death insurance to get activated?
There's a difference between the travel coverage (flight and baggage) versus the medical coverage. I don't have the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite card, so I don't know their coverages on the flight/baggage insurance but I'm pretty sure the FCT Infinite Visa will provide for this if you pay for the flight with the card. The medical coverage is a different beast, and for most CC's that I've played with there is no requirement for you to pay for the actual travel itself to qualify for this. You can jump on your pogo stick or use your personal hoverboard to travel outside your province and you'd still get medical coverage.

If the Cash Back Infinite is used to pay for a flight, but you then convert it to a FCT Infinite, or vice versa, I don't know if the flight/baggage will transfer with the card, but my gut feeling is yes. Best to ask a knowledeable rep and/or even better talk to a TD Insurance rep who specializes in these scenarios, as they have the final say, not a CC rep.
May 6, 2008
71 posts
17 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 4:45 pm
Thanks for your feedback. A 90K mini-RTW was probably a business class redemption to Europe 1, booked prior Dec 15, 2016, am I right? That's when the Euro1-Biz increased to now 110K. Or was that a true globetrotting-circumnavigating mini-RTW in economy class to Asia 2?

I'm going to guess it was the Euro 1 in business, because I've done that a couple of times too, and taxes were similar, $330-$390. The number of airports and countries you add to the itinerary balloons the final taxes/fees, so it's hard to get one of these below $250 taxes.

I then put on the rose-colored glasses and used flights.google.ca to price up the business class revenue fare at $4K-$6K. But then I asked myself, if I had the exact same ticket (with 2 additional stopovers) purchased in economy for say $1500, how much would I really TRULY pay to move from economy to front of the cabin (given that most of those intra-European flights are just greyhound buses in the sky with no special biz class luxuries).

For me, I might truly be willing to upgrade from economy to business for say an extra $1000, maybe even $1500, so instead of $6K my realistic wallet price for the tickets are more like $3000, so without those glasses on, the value is more like 3.5cpm instead of 6cpm. Which is still really GREAT, and much more than I could ever expect with churning this thread's FCT points. (see how I put this back on topic? :razz:).
Economy Asia 2 a couple years ago flying on just about every low/no-YQ airline available so that cash component was almost solely airport taxes. SQ, EgyptAir, EVA, Turkish, United, etc. My stops were SGN, CGK and CAI w/ 24h stops in 10 other cities on the way. ITA matrix priced out my exact itinerary at $6600 at the time. The joy of being a student and having a few months to burn!! As you say, I wouldn't have done that trip on a cash ticket though. Would've been a round trip to SGN or CGK, a couple cash LCC tickets and that's the end of it. So it's part money saved on economy tickets and part being able to do a trip I wouldn't even consider on a cash ticket.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3430 posts
1256 upvotes
alexjdb wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 5:18 pm
Economy Asia 2 a couple years ago flying on just about every low/no-YQ airline available so that cash component was almost solely airport taxes. SQ, EgyptAir, EVA, Turkish, United, etc. My stops were SGN, CGK and CAI w/ 24h stops in 10 other cities on the way. ITA matrix priced out my exact itinerary at $6600 at the time. The joy of being a student and having a few months to burn!! As you say, I wouldn't have done that trip on a cash ticket though. Would've been a round trip to SGN or CGK, a couple cash LCC tickets and that's the end of it. So it's part money saved on economy tickets and part being able to do a trip I wouldn't even consider on a cash ticket.
Absolutely awesome! Way to stretch those Pesos to the max! Most vetetran FFs would scoff and ridicule such a wild itinerary in economy. I wish I could have done the same when I was a student.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3990 posts
473 upvotes
Thornhill
kevinlo2 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 11:17 pm
People say this card has very good travel medical insurance, Could someone explain how good it is comparing with other credit card like the Aeorplan one?

Thanks in advance.
They are lying. It doesn't have the same perks as Aeroplan Infinite. Amex has the best insurance. TD is one of the longest @ 21 days.

Check out this thread for some other cards if you want to travel for more than 21 days:
Best Credit Cards in Canada
Jan 13, 2008
848 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else get a pre-approval when they logged into their td account to apply for the card? I couldnt tell based on the terms if the same bonuses apply when applied like this. Ie, 20K + 30K points and FYF
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20301 posts
3092 upvotes
Waterloo
archvenus14 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 10:30 am
Anyone else get a pre-approval when they logged into their td account to apply for the card? I couldnt tell based on the terms if the same bonuses apply when applied like this. Ie, 20K + 30K points and FYF
One card in the family was done via pre-approval, same FYF and 20K+30K received
Since the offer is PUBLIC, it's hard for TD to deny you anyway
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Jan 13, 2008
848 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
Phew! thanks for that. I was getting paranoid. Disappointed But Relieved Face
jerryhung wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:37 am
One card in the family was done via pre-approval, same FYF and 20K+30K received
Since the offer is PUBLIC, it's hard for TD to deny you anyway
Jul 16, 2007
205 posts
105 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 2:29 pm
Some good and bad news datapoints.

Good news - 5 of 6 FCT cards have cycled their first statement. They all say:
-WE ARE PLEASED TO PROVIDE YOUR ANNUAL FEE REBATE FOR THE FIRST
YEAR FOR YOUR CARD (PRIMARY CARDHOLDER ONLY). WE VALUE YOUR
BUSINESS AND WE HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO ENJOY USING YOUR TD FIRST
CLASS TRAVEL VISA INFINITE CARD.

Bad news - 4 of 6 FCT cards have passed the $1K spending as per the statement balances. However, none of them show the final 30K bonus. I know we've been discussing how you need to wait 90 days to get the final 30K bonus, but I was kinda hoping it would show up anyways after the first statement that the $1K had been completed. Oh wellz.

Other good news - 3 of 4 calls to request movement of points into a primary TD Rewards account have taken 2 days to complete. So the good news is, 1 new request was made last night at 8pm (30 mins on hold) and the points are already moved over as of about noon today, so only took 14hrs! Beautiful!
jerryhung wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 5:39 pm
Confirmed

saw 50K on 3 cards that crossed $1K already

+20K on 2 cards after 1st purchase, still working on meeting $1K
Soooo I just got off the phone with a TD rep. I have a First Class Travel card which I got last month, and have 2 other TD credit cards too which have the $5000 credit limit required for conversion to first class travel. I wanted to convert one of my other cards to get a second First Class Travel card, but the rep wasn't able to offer me the annual fee waiver or the extra points. They told me one First Class Travel visa card promotion per person. Any particular tips for success - other than just trying again with a different rep? Initially, she seemed like she wanted to help but then after consulting her resources, she was unable to offer me the promotion on a second card.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3708 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
woob wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:06 pm
Soooo I just got off the phone with a TD rep. I have a First Class Travel card which I got last month, and have 2 other TD credit cards too which have the $5000 credit limit required for conversion to first class travel. I wanted to convert one of my other cards to get a second First Class Travel card, but the rep wasn't able to offer me the annual fee waiver or the extra points. They told me one First Class Travel visa card promotion per person. Any particular tips for success - other than just trying again with a different rep? Initially, she seemed like she wanted to help but then after consulting her resources, she was unable to offer me the promotion on a second card.
i hope this is not an indication of a crackdown ... :) ... i still have 1 more card to convert shortly ...

you should prolly try to call back again ... and see if they are actually enforcing some T&C ...
btw ... just do not mention you already have a TDFCT during the call ...
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
Jul 16, 2007
205 posts
105 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:08 am
i hope this is not an indication of a crackdown ... :) ... i still have 1 more card to convert shortly ...

you should prolly try to call back again ... and see if they are actually enforcing some T&C ...
btw ... just do not mention you already have a TDFCT during the call ...
Gotcha - I didn't mention it but the rep did. Will give it another try later on... perhaps I was just unlucky.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 3 guests)

mister308, zeraph, cb2200