Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 6:34 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3446 posts
1270 upvotes
woob wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:39 am
Gotcha - I didn't mention it but the rep did. Will give it another try later on... perhaps I was just unlucky.
Thanks for your info, much appreciated.

If you bank with TD, another option would be to go to an in-branch teller to do some 'everyday' banking, and then chat it up and see if this teller is 'motivated' enough to convert it for you. But I don't know how reliable they would be in ensuring you got the promo to stick. They only submit the paper work for final processing. From there, the back-end fiddling could break the offer from sticking, after it is submitted for final review with the credit analyst, so YMMV. I've found that with TD and CIBC, as long as you can get a new card opened, the promo benefits will come through, in spite of what is noted in the terms.

Someone remarked on why I wanted to convert so many cards all at once, earlier in this thread. As I mentioned at that time, sometimes you just have to strike while the iron's hot.

Good luck.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3719 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
bizee-bee wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:08 am
Thanks for your info, much appreciated.

If you bank with TD, another option would be to go to an in-branch teller to do some 'everyday' banking, and then chat it up and see if this teller is 'motivated' enough to convert it for you. But I don't know how reliable they would be in ensuring you got the promo to stick. They only submit the paper work for final processing. From there, the back-end fiddling could break the offer from sticking, after it is submitted for final review with the credit analyst, so YMMV. I've found that with TD and CIBC, as long as you can get a new card opened, the promo benefits will come through, in spite of what is noted in the terms.

Someone remarked on why I wanted to convert so many cards all at once, earlier in this thread. As I mentioned at that time, sometimes you just have to strike while the iron's hot.

Good luck.
you are absolutely right ,,, dronze beez ...
... beware the rfd effect ... :)
i am not worthy ... Face Screaming In Fear
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Oct 25, 2007
555 posts
60 upvotes
Mississauga
Guys, as @bizee-bee mentioned above, the back office is fideling the applications made by CSR's. I recently experienced this and really surprised and frustrated by knowing this at the end of the promotion.
My scenario is i tried to convert high limit FCT card into multiple new FCT cards and the CSR indeed made the applications and confirmed the promo, same for other TD card into multiple new FCT's and applications went thru..
but today came to know that its only one FCT card per converson/spit per year and back office rejected despite the recording of the CSR's confirmed.
So don't put more hopes on multiple FCT's as its now YMMV as back office started enforcing (case by case for sure).
Good luck...
Jun 15, 2017
86 posts
17 upvotes
mkannuri wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:06 pm
Guys, as @bizee-bee mentioned above, the back office is fideling the applications made by CSR's. I recently experienced this and really surprised and frustrated by knowing this at the end of the promotion.
My scenario is i tried to convert high limit FCT card into multiple new FCT cards and the CSR indeed made the applications and confirmed the promo, same for other TD card into multiple new FCT's and applications went thru..
but today came to know that its only one FCT card per converson/spit per year and back office rejected despite the recording of the CSR's confirmed.
So don't put more hopes on multiple FCT's as its now YMMV as back office started enforcing (case by case for sure).
Good luck...
Looks like the back office screwed up with my online application.No refund of annual fee after 2nd stmt(yeah yeah, i know the terms state within 3 months....but all reports I've read indicate on 1st statement)....and no 30k points after $1000 spend at end of October.Phone rep noted in my account that if nada after 3rd stmt,they will manually process.He also acknowledged that the annual fee shows on 1st stmt for the accounts that he has seen.
May 7, 2017
293 posts
121 upvotes
woob wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:06 pm
Soooo I just got off the phone with a TD rep. I have a First Class Travel card which I got last month, and have 2 other TD credit cards too which have the $5000 credit limit required for conversion to first class travel. I wanted to convert one of my other cards to get a second First Class Travel card, but the rep wasn't able to offer me the annual fee waiver or the extra points. They told me one First Class Travel visa card promotion per person. Any particular tips for success - other than just trying again with a different rep? Initially, she seemed like she wanted to help but then after consulting her resources, she was unable to offer me the promotion on a second card.
CSR cannot "dishonour" your points and fee waive.

The system does it automatic. You cannot stop the system according to resource or CSR. Managers are getting fed up with these trades as it is impacting their numbers and bonuses because going from a premium card to a premium card they get $0 sales and waste 10mins on the phone. Also credit splits = zero sales as well.

Phone calls need to be 5 mins. These calls are 10mins + with no sales. Again impacts managers and CSR bonuses.

What I would recommend to those splitting limits, go for no annual fee cards, once the card pops up in Easyweb call in or just call in two business days. The rep WILL DO IT. Its a $600 sale. They are desperate for sales. This way CSR will not care.

Reps need 3.5 sales per day with a sale goal of $640. This includes estatements which is $50, App another $50, credit limit increases etc. A conversion from no annual fee to a premium card like First class basically meets their goal.
Jun 15, 2017
86 posts
17 upvotes
BeanFinn wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:06 am
CSR cannot "dishonour" your points and fee waive.

The system does it automatic. You cannot stop the system according to resource or CSR. Managers are getting fed up with these trades as it is impacting their numbers and bonuses because going from a premium card to a premium card they get $0 sales and waste 10mins on the phone. Also credit splits = zero sales as well.

Phone calls need to be 5 mins. These calls are 10mins + with no sales. Again impacts managers and CSR bonuses.

What I would recommend to those splitting limits, go for no annual fee cards, once the card pops up in Easyweb call in or just call in two business days. The rep WILL DO IT. Its a $600 sale. They are desperate for sales. This way CSR will not care.

Reps need 3.5 sales per day with a sale goal of $640. This includes estatements which is $50, App another $50, credit limit increases etc. A conversion from no annual fee to a premium card like First class basically meets their goal.
If you switch from 1st class infinite to the free rewards card,will accumulated points automatically be transferred? If you had an annual fee charged,would the system automatically refund it with the switch?

If you threaten to close a premium account but tell the rep that you would be willing to switch....does the rep get credit for a "retention"?

TIA
May 7, 2017
293 posts
121 upvotes
fadetogrey wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:32 am
If you switch from 1st class infinite to the free rewards card,will accumulated points automatically be transferred? If you had an annual fee charged,would the system automatically refund it with the switch?

If you threaten to close a premium account but tell the rep that you would be willing to switch....does the rep get credit for a "retention"?

TIA
There is no "retention" credit. They do not care if you close as they have to refund you the annual fee which impacts their numbers. So closing or refunding the fee, the impact is the same and they want to move onto the next customer and close down the card. It is actually better for them to just close it.

Accumulated points will not transfer. First class to classic travel, the points transfer.
---
The best game plan with TD is that many of you did not catch on to is to Transfer to Aeroplan Card first then to First class travel.

SOOOO... You get the 15,000 Aeroplane points, pay one month of the annual fee for $10 then transfer over to the TD First class travel to get the 50,000 Points. As the system automatic refunds your annual fee. 6 months later when there is an aeroplan promotion, transfer back and get 25,000 Points, transfer to a non annual fee and get back your annual fee, and wait till the next first class travel promo.

Also Removed a juicy tip per few members message me
Last edited by BeanFinn on Nov 10th, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 15, 2017
86 posts
17 upvotes
BeanFinn wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:47 am
There is no "retention" credit. They do not care if you close as they have to refund you the annual fee which impacts their numbers. So closing or refunding the fee, the impact is the same and they want to move onto the next customer and close down the card. It is actually better for them to just close it.

Accumulated points will not transfer. First class to classic travel, the points transfer.
---
The best game plan with TD is that many of you did not catch on to is to Transfer to Aeroplan Card first then to First class travel.

SOOOO... You get the 15,000 Aeroplane points, pay one month of the annual fee for $10 then transfer over to the TD First class travel to get the 50,000 Points. As the system automatic refunds your annual fee. 6 months later when there is an aeroplan promotion, transfer back and get 25,000 Points, transfer to a non annual fee and get back your annual fee, and wait till the next first class travel promo.

Also I don't want to say it as many of you will take advantage... but the last promotion with first year free, I got a annual fee back from the First class visa.. so not only was the card free, I also got $100 back because the system saw that I paid the annual fee but did not see that I got a refund from TD.... just FYI I don't think their system is that smart.
Thanks for the tips!!

I got confused with this

Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3719 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
BeanFinn wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:20 pm
Yes or first class to aeroplane at a ratio.
the transfer will not happen unless you ask for it ...
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Jun 15, 2017
86 posts
17 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:37 pm
the transfer will not happen unless you ask for it ...
but from 1st class to rewards...its automatic
Jun 15, 2017
86 posts
17 upvotes
Can switched be done thru easyweb messages?

btw....anyone else having error messages when trying to read message replies from easyweb?
Nov 14, 2009
359 posts
81 upvotes
surrey
Can anyone who got the card recently comment on whether they got the new design? It looks really good. Thanks!
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20330 posts
3099 upvotes
Waterloo
fadetogrey wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:02 pm
Can switched be done thru easyweb messages?

btw....anyone else having error messages when trying to read message replies from easyweb?
No, they'll ask you to call in
You CAN message to close a card though
Song44 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:51 pm
Can anyone who got the card recently comment on whether they got the new design? It looks really good. Thanks!
My recent ones (last week) are still OLD design (green one with grid lines globe)
vs. new one like online
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Jun 15, 2017
86 posts
17 upvotes
Update:

First Class Infinite annual fee refunded....several days after 2nd statement.