Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 6:34 pm
Dec 27, 2013
924 posts
204 upvotes
Winnipeg
When you book something on expediafortd and use points to pay for your purchase, does the receipt show the total amount minus whatever was paid in points?.. or just the total purchase price since points are applied after the full amount is charged to the CC?
If points are somehow mentioned on the receipt if may create problems when one wants to get reimbursed for business trips... hence, my question.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3719 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
mbmbkop wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 12:44 pm
When you book something on expediafortd and use points to pay for your purchase, does the receipt show the total amount minus whatever was paid in points?.. or just the total purchase price since points are applied after the full amount is charged to the CC?
If points are somehow mentioned on the receipt if may create problems when one wants to get reimbursed for business trips... hence, my question.
the receipt is good for yr expense claim ... unless you need to show yr cc statement to the claim dept ...
the redemption is just a statement credit which shows up in your cc statement ...

mind you ... this was 2+ yrs ago ... so it might have changed ...
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Dec 27, 2013
924 posts
204 upvotes
Winnipeg
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 12:58 pm
the receipt is good for yr expense claim ... unless you need to show yr cc statement to the claim dept ...
the redemption is just a statement credit which shows up in your cc statement ...

mind you ... this was 2+ yrs ago ... so it might have changed ...
OK, thanks. So, with Cap1 or Scotiabank AmEx, you incur your travel expenses and then apply points toward these expenses later on (within 90 days or 12 months, respectively). Basically, you do exactly the same thing with expediafortd except that 90 days/12 months now changed to 0 (and the info on the receipt is the same as if you book your travel without using points), i.e., you have to do it at the time of booking in order to get the optimal redemption value.. You can do it later as well, but then the redemption value becomes worse.

Seems like an artificial hoop added by TD for no reason other than make its customers redeem points not at their full value (or not redeem at all).. Reminds me of a promotion a few years back in the states when you could buy something at a very inflated price from some online company, but you could then get 100% of your money back if you submitted your reimbursement claim within a 24-hour window about 6 months later (i.e., the business model was based on the fact that most customers would miss that window).
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1418 posts
259 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm just this has been asked many times before, but the search function always fails me... I just recently closed my account 2 months ago, so what are the chances I can qualify for this promo?
Jun 15, 2017
86 posts
17 upvotes
john.canad wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 7:38 pm
I'm just this has been asked many times before, but the search function always fails me... I just recently closed my account 2 months ago, so what are the chances I can qualify for this promo?
As long as you applied for the closed account more than 6 months ago....you're good.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1418 posts
259 upvotes
Vancouver
fadetogrey wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 8:02 pm
As long as you applied for the closed account more than 6 months ago....you're good.
Sorry I should clarify... I applied years ago, but just recently product switched to their no fee cashback card. This still qualifies then?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1809 posts
125 upvotes
Guelph
BeanFinn wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:47 am
There is no "retention" credit. They do not care if you close as they have to refund you the annual fee which impacts their numbers. So closing or refunding the fee, the impact is the same and they want to move onto the next customer and close down the card. It is actually better for them to just close it.

Accumulated points will not transfer. First class to classic travel, the points transfer.
---
The best game plan with TD is that many of you did not catch on to is to Transfer to Aeroplan Card first then to First class travel.

SOOOO... You get the 15,000 Aeroplane points, pay one month of the annual fee for $10 then transfer over to the TD First class travel to get the 50,000 Points. As the system automatic refunds your annual fee. 6 months later when there is an aeroplan promotion, transfer back and get 25,000 Points, transfer to a non annual fee and get back your annual fee, and wait till the next first class travel promo.

Also I don't want to say it as many of you will take advantage... but the last promotion with first year free, I got a annual fee back from the First class visa.. so not only was the card free, I also got $100 back because the system saw that I paid the annual fee but did not see that I got a refund from TD.... just FYI I don't think their system is that smart.
Great post, I’m stuck on what happens to your TD points during the times you’ve switched to aero plan card?
May 7, 2017
293 posts
121 upvotes
dtm252535 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 8:32 pm
Great post, I’m stuck on what happens to your TD points during the times you’ve switched to aero plan card?

Td points would be wasted on my annual trip like hotels or tours
Jun 15, 2017
86 posts
17 upvotes
john.canad wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 8:24 pm
Sorry I should clarify... I applied years ago, but just recently product switched to their no fee cashback card. This still qualifies then?
Yes.The important date is the application date....not the close date.
If you had closed within 3 months,you run the risk of them re-opening the closed account.However,since you didnt close the account but replaced the product on your account with a different product thru a switch....you're good.
Sep 8, 2016
6 posts
2 upvotes
I tried to apply for this card and got an error that they were unable to process my application at this time, and to either visit a branch or call them for assistance. Did anyone else?
Nov 14, 2009
359 posts
81 upvotes
surrey
If you aren't a customer with TD, it might do that. Need to call in to apply
May 7, 2017
293 posts
121 upvotes
hukevi wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 9:59 pm
I tried to apply for this card and got an error that they were unable to process my application at this time, and to either visit a branch or call them for assistance. Did anyone else?
Dont do the application on google chrome
Sep 8, 2016
6 posts
2 upvotes
BeanFinn wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 10:23 pm
Dont do the application on google chrome
I just tried it again with Microsoft Edge and it doesn't work with that either, same error.
Jun 15, 2017
86 posts
17 upvotes
hukevi wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 11:08 pm
I just tried it again with Microsoft Edge and it doesn't work with that either, same error.
Try incognito mode and disable ad-blocker's(if any)