Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 6:34 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3446 posts
1270 upvotes
hukevi wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 9:59 pm
I tried to apply for this card and got an error that they were unable to process my application at this time, and to either visit a branch or call them for assistance. Did anyone else?
hukevi wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 11:08 pm

I just tried it again with Microsoft Edge and it doesn't work with that either, same error.
Have seen this over the years with TD's online application for the Aero Visa card, so can relate.

In my case, I had a slight deviation in my info that was stored on file, from a previous application, so it kept spitting back a "does not compute" error. Phoned in to see why it was failing, and it turns out that my occupation was ever so slightly different. Dumb! Updated my info an pushed the application through. Appwoov'd.

For my wife's case, she tried using Chrome/IE/Firefox/Safari - Private/Incognito - clearing cache/history - turned off AdBlockers cuz it was a GCR affiliated application. But nothing would work. Finally, after 3 months she decided to call in rather than fight a losing cause. She figured it'd be easier to do an application over the phone, rather than go in-branch. So, basically the rep filled out the application for her over the phone, submitted it for her and it actually went through without error. Downside, she was declined. She berated the rep, as we have been longtime banking clients with TD. The poor guy, it wasn't his fault. He offered to do a long application, collecting more info (houses, cars, other bank accounts) and the next day was contacted by a true credit analyst, who said that she would be approved...but, they wanted her to actually go into a branch to complete the application, and show some ID. It may have had something to do with opening 4 new TD cards in the 6 months prior. They needed a face-to-face visual confirmation that she wasn't a churning bot. :lol:
Dec 4, 2016
29 posts
2 upvotes
Not the same person, but in a similar situation. To verify, I had a FCT from Jan 2016, switched last month to the TD 6% CB Promo, if I switch that card to FCT say Dec 2017 or Jan 2018 I should get the promo points for FCT despite me recently switching off of it?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3719 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
kithid wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:39 am
Not the same person, but in a similar situation. To verify, I had a FCT from Jan 2016, switched last month to the TD 6% CB Promo, if I switch that card to FCT say Dec 2017 or Jan 2018 I should get the promo points for FCT despite me recently switching off of it?
the fct promo ends dec 3 ...
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
4003 posts
477 upvotes
Thornhill
I am loving this card! It gives 50,000 points which are great on their own plus it's FYF, which is great. Now, here's why it's amazing. ExpediaforTD allows you to book hotels and then matches the price and gives you a $50 voucher for future bookings. I just made a booking for $41, found a $40 hotel and priced matched. They are sending me $50 voucher, so I am essentially making $10 by staying in that 4-star hotel(in Asia). Then I booked 2 more days of the same hotel 1+1 nights(instead of 2 nights) at $55/night, found one @ $50 on Agoda and basically going to be staying for free at that hotel for 2 nights. And the best of all, I can do this 3 times per each calendar month, potentially saving up to $1800 per year. That's insane and I am not sure how they can afford to that! And Expedia is always more expensive. I tried about 3 dozen hotels in USA, Europe and Asia and ExpediaforTD was always more expensive. Not only that, sometimes it was more expensive than expedia.ca which makes no sense at all!!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5408 posts
286 upvotes
TO
dazz wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:56 pm
I am loving this card! It gives 50,000 points which are great on their own plus it's FYF, which is great. Now, here's why it's amazing. ExpediaforTD allows you to book hotels and then matches the price and gives you a $50 voucher for future bookings. I just made a booking for $41, found a $40 hotel and priced matched. They are sending me $50 voucher, so I am essentially making $10 by staying in that 4-star hotel(in Asia). Then I booked 2 more days of the same hotel 1+1 nights(instead of 2 nights) at $55/night, found one @ $50 on Agoda and basically going to be staying for free at that hotel for 2 nights. And the best of all, I can do this 3 times per each calendar month, potentially saving up to $1800 per year. That's insane and I am not sure how they can afford to that! And Expedia is always more expensive. I tried about 3 dozen hotels in USA, Europe and Asia and ExpediaforTD was always more expensive. Not only that, sometimes it was more expensive than expedia.ca which makes no sense at all!!
thanks for the info dazz - the voucher they provide, i remember seeing here there was an expiry, but how do you apply it towards your next booking?
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

I use Plastiq to pay bills! It's magic ;)
#1 rule of Churning club - KCaDCA
RIP Marriott Visa card :(
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20330 posts
3099 upvotes
Waterloo
dazz wrote:
Great info, thanks dazz

Curious, did you call/email for price match? what's the wait time if you called?
I haven't actually tried price matching much as I always find better deals where (with coupons or using points), but now I have so many points, it's worth looking into
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3719 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
dazz wrote:
you are loving it now ... but not for long after this ... :) ...lol
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Apr 30, 2005
222 posts
3 upvotes
My husband got a pre-approval for $10K. Does he have to accept the $10K limit or could he sign up for 2 cards of $5K each? Will that work?
Apr 16, 2009
877 posts
198 upvotes
Vancouver
Just signed up for a card for the wife and I. She got instant approval, I got the lovely 7-10 day wait. Travel credits will be useful for our honeymoon! Woop woop.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
4003 posts
477 upvotes
Thornhill
TorontoEh wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 5:08 pm
thanks for the info dazz - the voucher they provide, i remember seeing here there was an expiry, but how do you apply it towards your next booking?
jerryhung wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 5:26 pm
Great info, thanks dazz

Curious, did you call/email for price match? what's the wait time if you called?
I haven't actually tried price matching much as I always find better deals where (with coupons or using points), but now I have so many points, it's worth looking into

Vouchers are given about a week and a half or so after you finish your stay at a hotel.
In order to price match you just send them a screenshot via a form that you fill out( google: expediafortd pricematch ) of a better price(must include name of the hotel, price and everything else so that they can compare the room and the quote). You must be logged in into your expediafortd account to do so and have to do it within 24 hours of booking.
It takes them up to 2 weeks to respond...yep, that slow.
The voucher is valid for 1 year. However, in order to use the voucher, the hotel should be a minimum of $100cad and you need to book it via expediafortd. $100 min is not that hard for North America as most clean hotels these days are at least that.

PS. They denied 2 of my claims because they didn't actually check the screenshot correctly so don't be surprised they will do that to you. Just respond to their email telling them how wrong they are and they will approve it. I am only to assume they do it intentionally to weed out "weak" people lol
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2014
1050 posts
491 upvotes
Montreal
dazz wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 6:22 pm
Vouchers are given about a week and a half or so after you finish your stay at a hotel.
In order to price match you just send them a screenshot via a form that you fill out( google: expediafortd pricematch ) of a better price(must include name of the hotel, price and everything else so that they can compare the room and the quote). You must be logged in into your expediafortd account to do so and have to do it within 24 hours of booking.
It takes them up to 2 weeks to respond...yep, that slow.
The voucher is valid for 1 year. However, in order to use the voucher, the hotel should be a minimum of $100cad and you need to book it via expediafortd. $100 min is not that hard for North America as most clean hotels these days are at least that.

PS. They denied 2 of my claims because they didn't actually check the screenshot correctly so don't be surprised they will do that to you. Just respond to their email telling them how wrong they are and they will approve it. I am only to assume they do it intentionally to weed out "weak" people lol
Did you try to use the vouchers on total before taxes under 100$ ?
I cancelled my card about 6 months ago, but before that I did about 15x price-match, and always used the coupons on 50 or so hotels (was booking my stay night by night, one coupon per night), and all I had to pay was the taxes (if total before taxes was 48$, it would adjust to -48$ and not -50$, then only got to pay the taxes and fees on the TD 1st class card)
Apr 4, 2017
121 posts
22 upvotes
I currently have the TD Aeroplane visa card. Can I call them to convert my visa to this card?

I was told if you call them, they won't do a credit check on your profile.
Jun 15, 2017
86 posts
17 upvotes
ysl5710 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 6:42 pm
I currently have the TD Aeroplane visa card. Can I call them to convert my visa to this card?

I was told if you call them, they won't do a credit check on your profile.
Yes you can....no credit check
Jul 21, 2009
477 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Yes I did the same and it was super easy. Finished in 15 min and even kept the same number. Finished my 1k spend and got all the bonus points before the card even came in the mail
May 22, 2014
30 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Anyone know what they allow for redemption of points? E.g. Uber, Zipcar, and presto?