Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 3:15 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3195 posts
1099 upvotes
EmmEmm wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 8:09 am
correct, and you will be getting $40 for 10k points.

Scotia bank amex has no 90 day policy.
But the 90 day window is only if you want to get statement credits for travel booked non-TD-Expedia, right? And in which case you don't get the better redemption rate?

I'm hoping the TD Expedia booking experience won't become another BMO Rewards PITA experience for me. Is TD Expedia ever going to be higher-priced than main Expedia? And if so, can you call a TD Rewards rep to match the lower pricing while also redeeming the points to offset the travel cost?
Jun 25, 2012
100 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
I RFD wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 9:22 am
Is RBC avion fyf now?I see a $120 charge in their website.
There's an ongoing waiver if you call and ask and say you switched from a competing card. I was expecting a hassle, but after my 15 second spiel of "my AF posted and I'm switching from my TD aeroplan and was told I could give this card a 1 year test spin for free" the rep said verbatim, "Sure, not a problem, I'll do that for you right now." Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Sep 21, 2006
371 posts
108 upvotes
Amherstview
yau1225 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 12:42 am
From my understanding, you can apply your points towards a "previous purchase" as long as the travel purchase was within the last 90 days I believe? So in this scenario, as long as you receive you bonus points within the 90 days window, you should be able to do so no problem. But based on how the bonus points are given...it may take longer than 90 days for the points to show up on your account.... (will need $1000 spending over 3 months, and then theres processing time for the points)

https://www.tdrewards.com/book_any_way/

"The 90 day window to redeem TD Points begins when your travel purchase transaction is posted to your TD Travel Credit Card Account. For questions on how to use the Book Any Way travel redemption request on tdrewards.com, please call 1-888-315-0603. For questions about a request that has already been submitted or to request redemptions for travel expenses by phone, please contact TD Credit Card Customer Service at 1-800-983-8472."
In my case I will be crossing the $1000 spend requirements on the very first month and the very first transaction. Do I still need to wait for 90+ days for them to process the rewards?

Thanks everyone for the replies!
Aug 12, 2010
428 posts
53 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
I have had the TD Aeroplan Infinite only since May, 2017 - did minimums and got my points - already used it for an aeroplan redemption flight that gave me free bags, etc - would it be pushing it to try to switch to this card only 4.5 months in? Or should I wait the usual 6 months before attempting to do anything?
Thanks to all at RedFlagDeals for all the great deals obtained.
Jun 21, 2011
409 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver
micron15 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 3:28 pm
In my case I will be crossing the $1000 spend requirements on the very first month and the very first transaction. Do I still need to wait for 90+ days for them to process the rewards?

Thanks everyone for the replies!
I believe you will still have to wait the full 3 months (and longer for processing time) as they don't grant the bonus points when you reach the $1000 spending, but rather they check after 3 months to see if you have spent $1000 over that time. So in your case, you might be out of luck...
Jun 21, 2011
409 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver
bizee-bee wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 10:16 am
But the 90 day window is only if you want to get statement credits for travel booked non-TD-Expedia, right? And in which case you don't get the better redemption rate?

I'm hoping the TD Expedia booking experience won't become another BMO Rewards PITA experience for me. Is TD Expedia ever going to be higher-priced than main Expedia? And if so, can you call a TD Rewards rep to match the lower pricing while also redeeming the points to offset the travel cost?
I'm unsure about the rules for Non-Expedia TD, but I believe you can claim your point at the time of BOOKING via expedia for TD. (not sure if there is a time restriction to redeem/credit back after, but you should be able to do so.)

"Book Any Way" for sure will have to be within the 90 days window from the transaction date posted to your account.
Jun 11, 2014
190 posts
57 upvotes
Madden, AB
Are you all getting your yearly fees waived on this card after the first year or something? Or are you all cancelling it within a year and just getting it for the promotional free travel money?
Jun 10, 2016
44 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga
bizee-bee wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 10:16 am

yes, within the 90-day window you'll get $40 for 10k points for non-ExpediaTD travel. after that it is normal rate $25 for 10k points for any purchase.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
1159 posts
317 upvotes
Kanada
I'm switching from my TD Aeroplan Visa. Do I need to pay down the balance in full before I can switch ?
AMEX Special Welcome Bonuses: Gold 25K points - Platinum 60K || Business Gold 40K -- Biz Platinum 75K || SPG 25K
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3195 posts
1099 upvotes
SnoopDop wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 7:55 am
I'm switching from my TD Aeroplan Visa. Do I need to pay down the balance in full before I can switch ?
When I converted a few days ago, the VISA card numbers all stayed the same, so I can continue to use the same card while waiting for the new plastic toy to arrive. I have zero balances on my cards, but I believe any believe would just carry over. Rep did mention that my statement dates could change though, so for clarity, maybe best to just pay it off.
Sep 17, 2009
175 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
jpistone wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 6:42 pm
reading this killed the deal for me..

★★★★★
★★★★★ 1 out of 5 stars.
rkive00
· 2 years ago
declining rewards
I found out that to get the max rewards with the new points rules that you have to redeem at point of booking, I checked the expedia for td travel website and compared it to expedia.ca and the price on expedia for td was $400 more expensive.so cut the points and charge you more. that's wrong. definitely looking right now for a competitors card with better benefits
I have noticed the same but using card for business traveling only. If you want use card for personal traveling or collect points which you can convert for cash, you can find better cards.
Sep 17, 2009
175 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
theganguly wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 7:28 pm
I am getting exact same price on Expedia.ca and expediafortd.

Both Expedia, and expediafortd show prices in search results that are a bit old (probably cached values).

The most accurate amount is on payment page. And that amount is the same for both websites.

I'd like people to test this for a trip themselves.
You can always call support center and they are going match any price for you. Find better deal, call them and you are going get that price ...
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2007
1867 posts
86 upvotes
Hamilton
In order to make the switch from the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite to this card, do I call my local branch or ??? Thanks
Dec 23, 2012
27 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver
petrpuck wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 11:56 pm
In order to make the switch from the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite to this card, do I call my local branch or ??? Thanks
Just call the number on the back of the TD aero visa card. The rep may caution you that you will lose any aeoplan points not posted yet to Aeroplan.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3195 posts
1099 upvotes
petrpuck wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 11:56 pm
Call the TD Credit Card Contact Centre at 1-800-983-8472. Representatives are available from 7am-midnight EST, 7 days a week

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)