Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 3:15 pm
Jun 9, 2015
141 posts
42 upvotes
So how do you change the product? Call TD and request for change?
p.s: i have Aeroplan Visa Infinite that i want to change to get the reward points.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2007
1867 posts
86 upvotes
Hamilton
nigeldell1 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:07 am
Just call the number on the back of the TD aero visa card. The rep may caution you that you will lose any aeoplan points not posted yet to Aeroplan.
bizee-bee wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:11 am
Call the TD Credit Card Contact Centre at 1-800-983-8472. Representatives are available from 7am-midnight EST, 7 days a week
Thank you
Oct 22, 2015
420 posts
76 upvotes
zemun1234 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 9:08 am
You can always call support center and they are going match any price for you. Find better deal, call them and you are going get that price ...
But you won't get 9x points no?
Mar 12, 2017
34 posts
7 upvotes
zemun1234 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 9:05 am
I have noticed the same but using card for business traveling only. If you want use card for personal traveling or collect points which you can convert for cash, you can find better cards.
I booked a trip to Singapore this year using Expedia for TD and it was only $50 or so higher than the best deal I could find.
I also used Expedia for TD for Europe a couple years ago and the difference was also minimal.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
1159 posts
317 upvotes
Kanada
Regarding booking flights with ExpediaForTD, do you get full refund if flight is cancelled within 24 hours of booking ?
AMEX Special Welcome Bonuses: Gold 25K points - Platinum 60K || Business Gold 40K -- Biz Platinum 75K || SPG 25K
Jun 20, 2017
6 posts
4 upvotes
If I haven't received my rebate for my TD Aeroplan Visa, should I wait for that before I switch over?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
1159 posts
317 upvotes
Kanada
Ishak10 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 11:27 am
If I haven't received my rebate for my TD Aeroplan Visa, should I wait for that before I switch over?
I advise to wait as you may not get the rebate for the TD Aeroplan Visa, resulting in a cost of $120
AMEX Special Welcome Bonuses: Gold 25K points - Platinum 60K || Business Gold 40K -- Biz Platinum 75K || SPG 25K
Jun 12, 2010
324 posts
58 upvotes
YVR
Applied today and they are reviewing. 7-10 day hold. Should I call in to see whatsup?
Sep 3, 2012
170 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
I canceled this card last July and called yesterday to ask if i'd qualify for the welcome bonus ans i was told i'd.

However they had to performed a "full application" and i was transferred to another department. Besides the regular questions, i was asked about what institutions i have chequing accounts and what type and amount of investments. He asked if i still bank with ING and have a TFSA... it seems he was pulling very old information from my previous banking applications with them...

I had never experienced this before as i always applied on line.

I wonder if this is a normal practice or td is just trying to gather information to sell me stuff later on.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3195 posts
1099 upvotes
ofertasgo wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 2:51 pm
I canceled this card last July and called yesterday to ask if i'd qualify for the welcome bonus ans i was told i'd.

However they had to performed a "full application" and i was transferred to another department. Besides the regular questions, i was asked about what institutions i have chequing accounts and what type and amount of investments. He asked if i still bank with ING and have a TFSA... it seems he was pulling very old information from my previous banking applications with them...

I wonder if this is a normal practice or td is just trying to gather information to sell me stuff later on.
It's normal. When an online app won't go through, or if their "short" application won't approve you, but you have TD history, they are willing to give you a recon if you do a "full" or "long" application, which involves asking you for more financial proof that you are 'worthy'.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3195 posts
1099 upvotes
Just logged into TD Easy Web, noticed my three newly converted TDFCT cards are now displayed at the main summary page.
2017-09-13_TD-EasyWebScreen-3TDFCT-Scrubbed.jpg

I'm starting to regret the move, not because of the extra 3x$1000 spending, but because the redemption process looks constrained and full of potential to be watered down. :facepalm:

I blame it on the AC / AP break-up, making the TD Aeroplan card unattractive for me in the near future, and made my eyes wander. :(
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
1159 posts
317 upvotes
Kanada
I am switching and happy with the timing because the renewal fee for my TD Aeroplan card was coming up soon
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3195 posts
1099 upvotes
Ishak10 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 11:27 am
Wait for the $120 rebate to appear first. This card's promo run's until Dec 3rd.

As soon as you see the rebate, call to make the switch. If TD still hasn't fixed their systems, you'll probably see another gold nugget pro-rated refund for the annual feel. When my wife and I switched our 2x4 = 8 TD FYF Aero cards back in 2014, we got pro-rated refunds for them all. :facepalm:
I've kept some for the full 12 months, to keep the travel insurance entact when paying the taxes of an Aeroplan booking (only TD and CIBC Aero cards offer this), but otherwise, the other ones that we've cancelled early have received pro-rated refunds (2015, 2016).
Jul 8, 2017
23 posts
13 upvotes
VividGlider wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:57 am
So how do you change the product? Call TD and request for change?
p.s: i have Aeroplan Visa Infinite that i want to change to get the reward points.
They will usually offer to switch you to another product if you call them up and tell them that you want to cancel your credit card.
Oct 30, 2013
906 posts
505 upvotes
ofertasgo wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 2:51 pm

This is just doing a credit check. The system threw those questions - and the person read them out to you. That is to verify that it is really you who is using your credit profile to apply.

Nothing to worry about.