Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF [offer extended to March 1, 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2017 11:06 am
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1844 posts
127 upvotes
Guelph
Thank you especially @Gonkman and @bizee-bee for taking the time to share your knowledge and experience here. Just got off the phone, successfully opened TWO new cards, transferred credit limits over from my existing FCT card, no credit checks, confirmed both eligible for the promo, big win! Makes me wish I had of asked to open 10 more!

On a side note, haven’t seen it mentioned although I’m sure someone’s asked....are we able to transfer points from these cards onto a single card for use? I certainly hope so, I like to save up my points for holidays. I know you can’t transfer your points to someone else, but hopefully within your own accounts...
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1561 posts
296 upvotes
Vancouver
dtm252535 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 3:35 pm
Thank you especially @Gonkman and @bizee-bee for taking the time to share your knowledge and experience here. Just got off the phone, successfully opened TWO new cards, transferred credit limits over from my existing FCT card, no credit checks, confirmed both eligible for the promo, big win! Makes me wish I had of asked to open 10 more!

On a side note, haven’t seen it mentioned although I’m sure someone’s asked....are we able to transfer points from these cards onto a single card for use? I certainly hope so, I like to save up my points for holidays. I know you can’t transfer your points to someone else, but hopefully within your own accounts...
Is it even worth having that many? You are forced to use Expedia for TD which sucks, and I doubt you can find 10 uses in a year before you have to cancel
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1844 posts
127 upvotes
Guelph
john.canad wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 3:41 pm
Is it even worth having that many? You are forced to use Expedia for TD which sucks, and I doubt you can find 10 uses in a year before you have to cancel
I was comparing all inclusives in Dominican a couple weeks ago and Td Expedia had the same if not slightly better prices. And you’re not forced to.....I booked a trip on I travel a few years ago and had TD credit me from the points I had off the next bill...or however they do it I can’t remember.

Now that I’m in the game I have to figure out the next step, and what the next card is to transfer to and how to keep the points rolling!

And I’ll always just keep one FCT alive to keep my points on in the event I do cancel the others, I’ll transfer all my points to the one.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3553 posts
1323 upvotes
dtm252535 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 3:35 pm

Well done! At one time I had 6 TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite cards, 4 that I opened as new, and then a few months later 2 more that came over when CIBC sold my 2 AeroInfinites to TD. At the time I cancelled the 2 CIBC-sold cards to avoid the annual fee, which was coming up within a month after coming into the TD umbrella (but not before I asked CIBC to give me 2 x $120 to not cancel my CIBC cards!), and in retrospect I probably should have converted them to no-fee cards instead of cancelling them. But TD said I had reached the $50K ceiling of combined credit limits on their CCs, so I figured I'd just cancel to make room for future new card applications.

To move all your points into one account, you will need to call the TD Visa Travel Rewards Centre
800-983-1043
7a-12a M-F

You can transfer only between cards belonging to you as the primary cardholder. It's too bad they can't link them all together, like the way Amex does it with their Membership Rewards cards. Then it's automatically accumulating together no matter which card you use to make a purchase. With TD's system, you'll have to call in each time to move over however many points you request, so unless you're in a rush for the points, just wait till you get the final 30K after $1000 spending, and then make the call.
Mar 12, 2006
523 posts
17 upvotes
Anyone have any ideas on why application wouldn't go through, say's go in branch, etc. thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1844 posts
127 upvotes
Guelph
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 5:12 pm
Well done! At one time I had 6 TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite cards, 4 that I opened as new, and then a few months later 2 more that came over when CIBC sold my 2 AeroInfinites to TD. At the time I cancelled the 2 CIBC-sold cards to avoid the annual fee, which was coming up within a month after coming into the TD umbrella (but not before I asked CIBC to give me 2 x $120 to not cancel my CIBC cards!), and in retrospect I probably should have converted them to no-fee cards instead of cancelling them. But TD said I had reached the $50K ceiling of combined credit limits on their CCs, so I figured I'd just cancel to make room for future new card applications.

To move all your points into one account, you will need to call the TD Visa Travel Rewards Centre
800-983-1043
7a-12a M-F

You can transfer only between cards belonging to you as the primary cardholder. It's too bad they can't link them all together, like the way Amex does it with their Membership Rewards cards. Then it's automatically accumulating together no matter which card you use to make a purchase. With TD's system, you'll have to call in each time to move over however many points you request, so unless you're in a rush for the points, just wait till you get the final 30K after $1000 spending, and then make the call.
Yep sounds like a good plan. I guess now it’s just a matter of waiting for the next promo of a different card to switch these over to, and hoping that it happens within a year otherwise I’ll have to cancel the cards before being able to transfer them into something else? Isn’t there usually a clause stating against transfers though and that only new applications are eligible for these promos? What is your routine?

Discovered this after signing up for this promo....too bad, could have avoided the $1000 spends, very odd that two promos so similar exist right now?

https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-banki ... ex-quebec/
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3553 posts
1323 upvotes
john.canad wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 3:41 pm
Of course, most proprietary rewards booking sites suck. Same with the BMO Rewards and Amex Travel Site. I'm new to this card and the TD Rewards program, but from my limited experience the Expedia for TD site has not been any different price-wise, when compared to the same bookings at the regular vanilla Expedia.ca. This is free money. The 50K are worth $250 when you book through Exp4TD.

But if you want to book travel outside of Exp4TD, using the Book Any Way option (i.e. travel providers other than Expedia For TD), then the 50K are worth $200. Still FREE money!

The FCT isn't as grand and glorious as other churn-for-points cards, but for me it's still a no-brainer. Converting 4 cards, with no credit hits (hard pulls/AAoA) and getting back $800-$1000 in travel credits.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3553 posts
1323 upvotes
Rifle wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 5:16 pm
Anyone have any ideas on why application wouldn't go through, say's go in branch, etc. thanks
Just call them and do an application over the phone. Likely there is something in your profile that is not jiving with what they have on file for you (assuming you're an existing TD client). You can try different browsers, clearing your cache, using private/incognito mode, different days, but if the ultimate reason is information discrepancies then there's no way around it...a human will need to help you. I've been through this too many times over the years with TD new card applications. I'd prefer to let my fingers do the walking...call, instead of going to a branch.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3553 posts
1323 upvotes
dtm252535 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 5:20 pm
Yep sounds like a good plan. I guess now it’s just a matter of waiting for the next promo of a different card to switch these over to, and hoping that it happens within a year otherwise I’ll have to cancel the cards before being able to transfer them into something else? Isn’t there usually a clause stating against transfers though and that only new applications are eligible for these promos? What is your routine?

Discovered this after signing up for this promo....too bad, could have avoided the $1000 spends, very odd that two promos so similar exist right now?

https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-banki ... ex-quebec/
There are probably clauses like that for some cards, but not for TD cards. I've seen the "new applications" wording many times over the years but I take it to mean that you won't get the promo for an existing card that you already have opened, so applying new or converting from another product to make a new product will qualify.

You can't avoid the $1000 spending...that link is for Quebec residents and was posted just a couple of pages ago and in the early pages of this thread. Even if you sign up for it using that link they will determine if you need to spend $1000 based on where your card lives. Move your to card La Belle Province if you want to avoid the spending. :D
Mar 12, 2006
523 posts
17 upvotes
Thanks Bizee-bee, Makes sense, I did have an account with them before.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3815 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa
hey bee, did all your 20k post when the first purchase posted?

it has been 2 days for mine and still no 20k ... so i am assuming the worst ... :)
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1561 posts
296 upvotes
Vancouver
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 7:05 pm

it has been 2 days for mine and still no 20k ... so i am assuming the worst ... :)
Yes, it should post within the next 1-2 business days after first purchase
Feb 13, 2014
404 posts
215 upvotes
RFD Land
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 5:12 pm

800-983-1043
7a-12a M-F

Hmm... I wonder if that's why they wouldn't let me get a 2nd card when I applied today over the phone today via Mini-App. She said the system wouldn't let her do another application when I said "May I have another please... lol".
That new 3rd $5K card today would of put me at/over the $50K limit between all my cards.

But now I have 4 TD Cards... no plans on cancelling now I know how easy it is to just do a product change.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3553 posts
1323 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 7:05 pm

It did, but I don't know when they appeared, as I didn't pay attention at the time.

Update on my wife's final card. Initially, a couple of days ago, she had called and was told she wouldn't get the bonus again since she's opened the FCT card(s) recently. So, she tried again and this time the rep was amazing. She never even had to bring up the topic of whether she would be eligible to get the promotional offers again, cuz this rep said it all without prompting:
  • "You will get 20,000 points after your first purchase with this card, and I see you already have the FCT card so I don't have to tell you all the great benefits of the card...."
  • and then, "you're going to hear a message now and it will say you will be charged $120 at the first statement, but don't worry you will get it free for the first year because of the rebate that you will be getting"
  • and finally "Mrs. Bee, don't forget to spend $1000 in the first 3 months so that you get the final 30,000 bonus points".
As with earlier calls to convert our calls, this one only took 10 minutes or less.

Now we wait to see if she will get another round of goodies, starting with the initial 20K.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1392 posts
718 upvotes
Etobicoke
I just converted my cash back visa infinite to first class travel visa. I was told that 20,000 bonus points after first purchase and 30,000 more bonus points if i spend $1000 in first 90 days.

Thanks OP.