Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF [offer extended to March 1, 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 7:51 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3537 posts
1319 upvotes
Gonkman wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 9:44 pm
Hmm... I wonder if that's why they wouldn't let me get a 2nd card when I applied today over the phone today via Mini-App. She said the system wouldn't let her do another application when I said "May I have another please... lol".
That new 3rd $5K card today would of put me at/over the $50K limit between all my cards.

But now I have 4 TD Cards... no plans on cancelling now I know how easy it is to just do a product change.
Yar Gonkz, I had tapped out the max at CIBC and MBNA too, also at $50K total limit each, and had to cancel, lower, reallocated limits on the cards to make room for future applications. On the online applications which ask how much limit you want on the card, I just answer $5K, the minimum for Infinite Visas, and don't bother trying to get too much any more. For the past 4 years I have almost constantly maintained a total credit limit on ALL of my CCs from all FIs at around $200K, give or take $20K.

See you in the churning pit-stop in a few months. ;)
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1088 posts
72 upvotes
Thanks OP.
Went with cash back infinite card instead with fee rebated after 2 statements. Welcome bonus 6% cashback on first $3500 spent within first 3 months so $210 cash potentially vs $250 with td Expedia and 3% after on gas, grocery, recurring bills. Also comes with TD Auto Club membership like TD gold elite
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1834 posts
127 upvotes
Guelph
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 11:09 pm
Yar Gonkz, I had tapped out the max at CIBC and MBNA too, also at $50K total limit each, and had to cancel, lower, reallocated limits on the cards to make room for future applications. On the online applications which ask how much limit you want on the card, I just answer $5K, the minimum for Infinite Visas, and don't bother trying to get too much any more. For the past 4 years I have almost constantly maintained a total credit limit on ALL of my CCs from all FIs at around $200K, give or take $20K.

Are you guys saying these banks all limit your total credit limit with them respectively at 50k? I’d never heard of that before, I would have thought the limit would be much higher if one even existed.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3537 posts
1319 upvotes
dtm252535 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 5:50 am
Are you guys saying these banks all limit your total credit limit with them respectively at 50k? I’d never heard of that before, I would have thought the limit would be much higher if one even existed.
The $50K limit on combined CREDIT CARD limits per FI is a rough estimate, as I'm sure others can get more than that based on their own financials and relationship with the FI, but yeah that is the amount I bumped into with TD and MBNA and CIBC, after getting stalled applications until I agreed to lower limits on some other existing cards to make room for the new card (again, $5K minimum for Infinite Visas).

With Amex, I've never gone over a combined $25K for the TWO allowable CREDIT cards (maximum 2 allowed in Canada), though I've been informed by others that they have had over $30K+ combined. On the other hand, playing with the "Check Spending Power" tool my Amex CHARGE cards seem to max out at around $35K each, so at one time with 2 CREDIT cards and 4 CHARGE cards, Amex gave me a potential $25K CREDIT and 4x$35K CHARGE limit for combined total of $165K. All theoretically hypothesized, as I've never tried to test that limit, with a personal maximum actual balance in a month at around $10K-$15K.
Jun 7, 2006
193 posts
30 upvotes
if you already have 1 card how do you sign up for a second and get the 50k points. i chatted with a customer service online and she told me that you can get the second card but wont get the 50k points as its only the first time you apply? can anyone clarify
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1834 posts
127 upvotes
Guelph
jpistone wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 8:48 am
if you already have 1 card how do you sign up for a second and get the 50k points. i chatted with a customer service online and she told me that you can get the second card but wont get the 50k points as its only the first time you apply? can anyone clarify
Read back a few pages and you’ll see a few of us have successfully done it. Just call in and say you want to open a second and third credit account, and transfer some credit limit from your existing to the other two if possible. There’s nothing in the fine print stating against doing so, only stipulation is that you haven’t recently applied for one if I’m not mistaken. The agent I spoke with did have to check with their manager t make sure I’d still be eligible because I didn’t actually make a new application and only transfer limits over, but they confirmed that there was nothing stating against that and I successfully opened two new cards with one existing.

This is all assuming the promo is still active? I know it says it ends today..
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1834 posts
127 upvotes
Guelph
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 7:15 am
The $50K limit on combined CREDIT CARD limits per FI is a rough estimate, as I'm sure others can get more than that based on their own financials and relationship with the FI, but yeah that is the amount I bumped into with TD and MBNA and CIBC, after getting stalled applications until I agreed to lower limits on some other existing cards to make room for the new card (again, $5K minimum for Infinite Visas).

With Amex, I've never gone over a combined $25K for the TWO allowable CREDIT cards (maximum 2 allowed in Canada), though I've been informed by others that they have had over $30K+ combined. On the other hand, playing with the "Check Spending Power" tool my Amex CHARGE cards seem to max out at around $35K each, so at one time with 2 CREDIT cards and 4 CHARGE cards, Amex gave me a potential $25K CREDIT and 4x$35K CHARGE limit for combined total of $165K. All theoretically hypothesized, as I've never tried to test that limit, with a personal maximum actual balance in a month at around $10K-$15K.
Interesting, I guess I’ve just never come close enough to that 50k threshold to find out myself! I don’t want to get too off topic here, but now I’m really intrigued by how easy this was and looking forward to the next round...I suppose you probably do this with more than just TD, what are some other ones to look out for? And should I be setting up for them by getting multiple cards somewhere else ready to transfer, or is it those other institutions that don’t allow promos on card type transfers and I should just wait to sign up when the time comes?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3537 posts
1319 upvotes
jpistone wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 8:48 am
Look in the "Legal" section of the card application page:
If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for these offers.

If you already have a FCT card, but it was opened more than 6 months ago, then you're within the terms. If you try to open additional concurrent FCT cards, then you may or may not get the bonus, YMMV. Several people have accomplished this, but it's no guarantee. If you don't, and you spoke to a rep during a recorded conversation who said you would, then you may have an argument.

I'm making another attempt, but we'll see if it all pans out or not. So for now, I've put the counter away and waiting for the eggs to hatch again...back to where we were 1.5 months ago.
Feb 13, 2014
396 posts
214 upvotes
RFD Land
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 11:09 pm

I think the reps just wing it honestly. Some will tell you anything and some seem to go buy the Hard Rules in the signup info. Honestly I think with the automation it should all go through unless someone manually flags something in the system.

I tried to shave $10K off my main card to get more accounts but she said I wouldn't get the bonus. I probably could of called back and got a different agent who would of said something different of after a few calls got someone who would say it. LOL.

I don't want to close my Main Card with the high balance as it has a Credit record date going back to 1993..lol. So that's why I just wanted to move some $$ Credit to a new card.

Just waiting to get my 30K on my 2nd card now so I can transfer it to my other card and then book my week long Car Rental for later this year for $0. :) Then depending on what new offers come up I will swap it to something new or a No Fee card. Eventually I will move all 3 TDFC's to either a no fee or whatever they come up with. I really hope they do another Aeropeso Deal in the new year and I will move them over to those for the bonus if they are FYF.

See what happens. All I know is unless they change the rules these cards will keep changing form in perpetuity now.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3797 posts
375 upvotes
Ottawa
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 12:31 pm
Look in the "Legal" section of the card application page:
If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for these offers.

If you already have a FCT card, but it was opened more than 6 months ago, then you're within the terms. If you try to open additional concurrent FCT cards, then you may or may not get the bonus, YMMV. Several people have accomplished this, but it's no guarantee. If you don't, and you spoke to a rep during a recorded conversation who said you would, then you may have an argument.

I'm making another attempt, but we'll see if it all pans out or not. So for now, I've put the counter away and waiting for the eggs to hatch again...back to where we were 1.5 months ago.
well ... i just checked again ... and no sign of the first 20k ... i will call in to see if i can convince the rep to override the "system" ... :) ... who knows i might even end up getting twice the pts like what's happened once before ... :)

nevertheless, even if i don't get the bonus on this second fct ... i would still keep it so i can keep the points for at least till the end of 2018 ... so far ... the AF has not been charged on this CC ... so i am not sure ... but may be that's because i have the AI package ...

i will transfer/merge the pts from the 1st fct to this one ... and then switch over to the CBI ... for the 6% on everything promo ... (not sure if the TD auto club is any good ... )
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Mar 12, 2006
517 posts
16 upvotes
Too long of a wait on the phone.

I'll have to relunctantly miss this offer.

Gotta say, great posts by you guys. Opening my mind up on what is possible. Incredible how deep/far you can churn.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3537 posts
1319 upvotes
Rifle wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 3:57 pm

Gotta say, great posts by you guys. Opening my mind up on what is possible. Incredible how deep/far you can churn.
Keep trying. The wait times get less in the evening, sometimes. Or, who knows, if TD plays this like their never-ending Aeroplan Visa offers, they may just start another new promotional period in a few days after this one expires. They seem to have stopped trying to push the Aeroplan cards, after they ended their most recent promo in Sept...probably trying to figure out how they are going to move forward with Aeroplan in light of the Jun 2020 divorce date with Air Canada. So, the FCT and Cash Back Infinite cards will be pushed out with more promotional regularity.

Keep in mind it's not all roses and sweet scents for everyone in the churning game though...look at the recent datapoints about how TD may be enforcing the multiple welcome offer policies.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1364 posts
709 upvotes
Etobicoke
Rifle wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 3:57 pm

Login to easyweb using app and choose contact us from there. Wait time will be very less. Max. Wait time was 2 mins for me whenever i contact td using app.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3797 posts
375 upvotes
Ottawa
G0DKING wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 4:04 pm
did you call
please update
not yet ... will wait til tomorrow ... monday being a week day ... will be able to talk to "full time" rep ... not the weekend warriors rep ...
plus ... may be the 20k will post after sunday's night system update .... who knows ...
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 0 guests)

richmond5, iLikeDeals1, nosft