Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF [offer extended to March 1, 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 8:45 pm
Nov 24, 2013
15 posts
Toronto, ON
Hi all,
I plan to put an Aeroplan travel reward purchase on that card ($1k+). Will that be considered a travel purchase? ...I'd like to redeem my 50k points. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
6889 posts
1483 upvotes
Toronto
maxy06 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 7:51 pm
Hi all,
I plan to put an Aeroplan travel reward purchase on that card ($1k+). Will that be considered a travel purchase? ...I'd like to redeem my 50k points. Thanks.
To get the best value out of the 50k points, you need to buy the travel through expediafortd.com
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3530 posts
1316 upvotes
maxy06 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 7:51 pm
Hi all,
I don't have a definitive answer for you, as I've not owned this card product long enough to know.

But two things to keep in mind.

1) Even if it did qualify as a travel purchase (likely), you'd be redeeming outside of Expedia for TD, using the Book Any Way option (i.e. travel providers other than Expedia For TD), so you'd be redeeming at 250 pts/$1 instead of 200 pts/$1, or in other words those 50,000 points are worth $200 instead of $250.

2) paying for the taxes/fees on an Aeroplan flight redemption using any card OTHER than a TD Aeroplan Visa or CIBC Aerogold Visa, does NOT give you flight/baggage travel coverage. Perhaps a minor point, but for some it's a factor.
Dec 4, 2008
336 posts
86 upvotes
Thank you for applying XXXXXXXXXXXXX.
We are reviewing your application now.
We’ll contact you within 7-10 business days, once we have completed our review of your application.
Any ideas if this is the same as AMEX (ie. declined)?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1543 posts
293 upvotes
Vancouver
sports1 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:25 pm
Any ideas if this is the same as AMEX (ie. declined)?
I got that message from AMEX before and it doesn't always mean declined, so I suspect this is the case too
Dec 4, 2008
336 posts
86 upvotes
john.canad wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:59 pm
I got that message from AMEX before and it doesn't always mean declined, so I suspect this is the case too
Not always I suppose but there are many data points I've seen to be wary about the 'review of your application' message.

I do already have the TD Aeroplan Visa + TD Cashback Visa (grandfathered; the crappy 0.5% one), I was considering doing a product switch but don't think I had enough time to before the Dec 3rd deadline (my fault I guess, I remembered about this offer too late). We'll see what happens....
Aug 4, 2017
2 posts
Toronto
My parents applied last night at 10pm but received a message that application couldn't be processed, please visit a branch. Presumably this is because they don't have a TD bank account.
Any idea if they will still honor the 50,000 points since they technically did apply by December 3?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1455 posts
586 upvotes
fmortada wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 9:25 am
My parents applied last night at 10pm but received a message that application couldn't be processed, please visit a branch. Presumably this is because they don't have a TD bank account.
Any idea if they will still honor the 50,000 points since they technically did apply by December 3?
YMMV

When I called in after getting the same message the rep on the phone said they didn't receive anything in their system so would have to process everything manually over the phone or I could visit a branch and apply there.

If absolutely nothing was received they may be out of luck...but then again someone may be able to override that so who knows
Nov 29, 2017
9 posts
1 Welcome Bonus of 20,000 TD Points will be awarded to the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card Account only after the first Purchase is made on the Account. To receive the additional 30,000 TD Points, you must make $1,000 in Purchases on your Account, including your first Purchase, within 90 days of Account approval. If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for this offer. We reserve the right to limit the number of Accounts opened by any one person. Rebate of the Annual Fee for the first year for the Primary Cardholder will occur if you have applied for an Account by March 1, 2018. Rebate will be applied within 2 monthly statements from the date of Account opening. The Annual Fee for any Authorized User Cards added to the Account continues to apply. Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise indicated.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3530 posts
1316 upvotes
kcmcheung wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:59 am
1 Welcome Bonus of 20,000 TD Points will be awarded to the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card Account only after the first Purchase is made on the Account. To receive the additional 30,000 TD Points, you must make $1,000 in Purchases on your Account, including your first Purchase, within 90 days of Account approval. If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for this offer. We reserve the right to limit the number of Accounts opened by any one person. Rebate of the Annual Fee for the first year for the Primary Cardholder will occur if you have applied for an Account by March 1, 2018. Rebate will be applied within 2 monthly statements from the date of Account opening. The Annual Fee for any Authorized User Cards added to the Account continues to apply. Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise indicated.
Thanks. Promo extended till Mar 1st, 2018.

So as I'd mentioned earlier, don't be surprised if TD re-extends this promo for another 3 months (4, in this case). They've shown a penchant for doing this at the TD Aeroplan playground for the past 3 years.
[OP]
Feb 19, 2014
13 posts
61 upvotes
GTA
kcmcheung wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:59 am
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 12:12 pm
Thanks. Promo extended till Mar 1st, 2018.

So as I'd mentioned earlier, don't be surprised if TD re-extends this promo for another 3 months (4, in this case). They've shown a penchant for doing this at the TD Aeroplan playground for the past 3 years.

Thanks for the update, I've included the offer expiry in the title.
Apr 16, 2009
894 posts
204 upvotes
Vancouver
Out of curiosity, have people been able to open a 2nd (or 3rd/4th, etc.) FCT card using the online application, or only over the phone?
Nov 29, 2017
9 posts
Can we product switch from FCT to the no fee TD Rewards Visa at a later date and keep the points?

Are they the same points as the points from TD FCT are called “TD points” and the points from TD no fee Rewards Visa are called “TD Rewards” Points as shown on their website?
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
2035 posts
1426 upvotes
Mordor
so sick that they extended it.....i hope this will keep extended long enough for my next churn cycle

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Izzoshady