Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF [offer extended to March 1, 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 7:38 pm
Dec 4, 2008
336 posts
86 upvotes
We have updated the status of your application for the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite* Card. To find out the details of your application please contact 1-800-667-6299 or visit your nearest branch.

You will receive confirmation of the decision in the mail within 7-10 business days.

Thank you.
Sounds like a rejection to me... haven't called yet, but I'll probably drop by the branch and enquire.
Apr 16, 2009
894 posts
204 upvotes
Vancouver
sports1 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 4:24 pm
Sounds like a rejection to me... haven't called yet, but I'll probably drop by the branch and enquire.
Yep, I got that message and it was a rejection due to the online system not liking some info. Called in and got it sent for review, approved next day.
Dec 4, 2008
336 posts
86 upvotes
DefconZero wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 4:30 pm
Yep, I got that message and it was a rejection due to the online system not liking some info. Called in and got it sent for review, approved next day.
Heh, turned out to be the same case... the application was approved, then cancelled (I saw for myself on the rep's computer after calling in). Went through and updated my profile, just waiting on the approval (it should be fine though since it was based on the previous application, which was approved...)
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3541 posts
1319 upvotes
sports1 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 8:33 pm
Heh, turned out to be the same case... the application was approved, then cancelled (I saw for myself on the rep's computer after calling in). Went through and updated my profile, just waiting on the approval (it should be fine though since it was based on the previous application, which was approved...)
Sounds similar to this guy's case, post #415 : http://forums.redflagdeals.com/td-first ... #p28378427

If you've been applying for multiple cards with TD, and your info wavers just a bit, from application to application, it will get yanked as suspicious activity, stalling the process till you call and prove you're not THE Nigerian Prince.
Dec 4, 2008
336 posts
86 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 1:45 am
Sounds similar to this guy's case, post #415 : http://forums.redflagdeals.com/td-first ... #p28378427

If you've been applying for multiple cards with TD, and your info wavers just a bit, from application to application, it will get yanked as suspicious activity, stalling the process till you call and prove you're not THE Nigerian Prince.
Hm, yea it does. This is my second (recent) card with them. I did change something on the application this time, which could explain why.

I noticed the 'left in limbo' thing too, where it errored for me a few times saying it couldn't complete my application online. I just did it in incognito mode and it eventually worked. (got the 'please wait 60 seconds while we process your application' dialogue box).

The promo was extended until March 1, 2018 so I don't think there's any issues with being eligible for that. He assured me there was a credit pull, but not a hard pull since my info is already in the system (makes sense, I already have a card + other banking products with them).
Feb 13, 2014
401 posts
214 upvotes
RFD Land
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 12:12 pm
Thanks. Promo extended till Mar 1st, 2018.

So as I'd mentioned earlier, don't be surprised if TD re-extends this promo for another 3 months (4, in this case). They've shown a penchant for doing this at the TD Aeroplan playground for the past 3 years.
Muhahaha... Excellent Smithers... I can now catch up to that Blasted Bizee-Bee on the card count!

I called in yesterday to confirm my new card as it didn't show up in Easyweb. The Agent told me all was good and to make sure I spend the $1000 in 3 months. I said I guess I didn't need to rush since they Extended it until March. She said "They aren't advertising it" its a "Secret" .... I was like it's on your Webpage. She said unless people mention the offer from the website when they call in they will won't tell them.

Oh well.. I think I may have to carve off 2 more $5K "No Fee" cards from my main card and then convert them to these cards before March or if I get an agent who will let me do it in 1 shot (Straight to ne TDFC) and verbally tell me I will get he bonus I will do it that way.
Still waiting for the 30K Bonus on 1 of my cards. If it doesn't show by 90 Days I will call in and complain. Then MOARE CARDS!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3541 posts
1319 upvotes
Gonkman wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 7:53 am
Muhahaha... Excellent Smithers... I can now catch up to that Blasted Bizee-Bee on the card count!

I called in yesterday to confirm my new card as it didn't show up in Easyweb. The Agent told me all was good and to make sure I spend the $1000 in 3 months. I said I guess I didn't need to rush since they Extended it until March. She said "They aren't advertising it" its a "Secret" .... I was like it's on your Webpage. She said unless people mention the offer from the website when they call in they will won't tell them.

Oh well.. I think I may have to carve off 2 more $5K "No Fee" cards from my main card and then convert them to these cards before March or if I get an agent who will let me do it in 1 shot (Straight to ne TDFC) and verbally tell me I will get he bonus I will do it that way.
Still waiting for the 30K Bonus on 1 of my cards. If it doesn't show by 90 Days I will call in and complain. Then MOARE CARDS!
Keep up the good work there, Wile E. Coyote. :razz:

But, let's wait to see if our final round of cards and the welcome "bona" come to fruition first.

We're already moving our earlier cards back into the pit-stop area for some idling, while the last pair go out for a spin on the churning track! I do have one card with a reasonably large enough $20K limit that I could use to recycle the parts and build another cruiser, but until it's proven that we can continue to get the champagne and flowers at the end, I'll ask my TD mechanics to hold off on the "new projects". That should give you time to catch up.

Heh, this is like the Gumball Rally, Cannonball Run, or the Wild Wacky Races. :twisted:
Last edited by bizee-bee on Dec 5th, 2017 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 13, 2014
401 posts
214 upvotes
RFD Land
I am not going to apply for any more until I get the 30K on my second card and see if my new 3rd one pans out as well. Once that happens I will go from there.

I hope the 30K bonus shows up on my 2nd card soon so I can move the points from my 1st card to it and then park it in the pit stop as no fee card conversion. Number 2 will hang around until July after I use up the 100K pts and then I will park it as well. As for the last one or ones to come I will move them around the track and see what happens.

I see they stopped the 1st Year Free on the Cashback Infinite card and it didn't get extended like the TDFC.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3541 posts
1319 upvotes
Gonkman wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 10:09 am
I am not going to apply for any more until I get the 30K on my second card and see if my new 3rd one pans out as well. Once that happens I will go from there.

I hope the 30K bonus shows up on my 2nd card soon so I can move the points from my 1st card to it and then park it in the pit stop as no fee card conversion. Number 2 will hang around until July after I use up the 100K pts and then I will park it as well. As for the last one or ones to come I will move them around the track and see what happens.

I see they stopped the 1st Year Free on the Cashback Infinite card and it didn't get extended like the TDFC.
When did you complete the spend on the second one? For us, there was one card that didn't post the $1000 cuz it was still pending on or near Oct 31st, so it missed the 30K payout at that month end, when all the other cards got the final bonus. But then TD did another batch run and it got the 30K on or around Nov 22.
Feb 13, 2014
401 posts
214 upvotes
RFD Land
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 10:56 am
When did you complete the spend on the second one? For us, there was one card that didn't post the $1000 cuz it was still pending on or near Oct 31st, so it missed the 30K payout at that month end, when all the other cards got the final bonus. But then TD did another batch run and it got the 30K on or around Nov 22.
I crossed the $1000 spend on November 3rd. That's why I was hoping it would show up by end of Nov. But alas no Dice. I applied early October for that card so if it doesn't show by Early Jan I will ring them up... I got the 20K on first purchase and FYF was applied reversed on first statement.

They have no excuse to not give me the 30K... They gave me 20K and FYF... not honoring the last 30K would be kinda stupid.

Will report back on 1st purchase on new card when it comes as to if I get the 20K on first purchase on that one.
Nov 24, 2013
15 posts
Toronto, ON
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 10:56 pm
I don't have a definitive answer for you, as I've not owned this card product long enough to know.

But two things to keep in mind.

1) Even if it did qualify as a travel purchase (likely), you'd be redeeming outside of Expedia for TD, using the Book Any Way option (i.e. travel providers other than Expedia For TD), so you'd be redeeming at 250 pts/$1 instead of 200 pts/$1, or in other words those 50,000 points are worth $200 instead of $250.

2) paying for the taxes/fees on an Aeroplan flight redemption using any card OTHER than a TD Aeroplan Visa or CIBC Aerogold Visa, does NOT give you flight/baggage travel coverage. Perhaps a minor point, but for some it's a factor.
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I can't leverage Expedia as I don't have any other travel plans that I could put on the card. Can anyone confirm that an Aeroplan travel purchase would be considered a travel expense on that card? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3541 posts
1319 upvotes
Gonkman wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 12:32 pm
I crossed the $1000 spend on November 3rd. That's why I was hoping it would show up by end of Nov. But alas no Dice. I applied early October for that card so if it doesn't show by Early Jan I will ring them up... I got the 20K on first purchase and FYF was applied reversed on first statement.

They have no excuse to not give me the 30K... They gave me 20K and FYF... not honoring the last 30K would be kinda stupid.

Will report back on 1st purchase on new card when it comes as to if I get the 20K on first purchase on that one.
Not super sure of this, but I think the 20K initial points is the FCT's basic welcome offer, and the FYF + final 30K are the extended promo offers. Still, you're right...if they gave you the $120 rebate (FYF) at the first statement, it stands to reason that you should get the final 30K too.

Even though we saw the first bunch of final 30K posting on Oct 31st and then some people saw them posted mid-Nov, I wonder if they were just tuning up their awarding systems/processes with 'practice runs', and the true dole-out day will be later on. As in, I have a sense that the true final 30K (outside of test runs) after meeting the $1000 spending requirement (or $0, if in Quebec) will be awarded 90 days after your initial approval (or in our card conversion cases, the initial conversion date), and then only at the following statement. This is how the TD Aeroplan offers worked, do you recall?

Reporting in...wife's final card conversion saw the initial 20K posted, even though the first purchase is still in pending state, and not yet as posted transaction. I had been monitoring throughout the day, and only just saw them pop in after 9pm ET. @ValueHunter999, do you have an update status on your missing initial 20K?

The first 20K flag has been waved. Now we keep making laps till we get the $120 rebate flag. And then the final 30K checkered flag.

Bee, making laps :lol:
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3541 posts
1319 upvotes
maxy06 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 11:06 pm
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I can't leverage Expedia as I don't have any other travel plans that I could put on the card. Can anyone confirm that an Aeroplan travel purchase would be considered a travel expense on that card? Thanks.
No flights, hotels, rental cars, hoverboards/rollerblades/pogo-sticks for the next year?
Huh. I wonder if I will be in your shoes as well, next year.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3799 posts
376 upvotes
Ottawa
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 11:39 pm
Not super sure of this, but I think the 20K initial points is the FCT's basic welcome offer, and the FYF + final 30K are the extended promo offers. Still, you're right...if they gave you the $120 rebate (FYF) at the first statement, it stands to reason that you should get the final 30K too.

Even though we saw the first bunch of final 30K posting on Oct 31st and then some people saw them posted mid-Nov, I wonder if they were just tuning up their awarding systems/processes with 'practice runs', and the true dole-out day will be later on. As in, I have a sense that the true final 30K (outside of test runs) after meeting the $1000 spending requirement (or $0, if in Quebec) will be awarded 90 days after your initial approval (or in our card conversion cases, the initial conversion date), and then only at the following statement. This is how the TD Aeroplan offers worked, do you recall?

Reporting in...wife's final card conversion saw the initial 20K posted, even though the first purchase is still in pending state, and not yet as posted transaction. I had been monitoring throughout the day, and only just saw them pop in after 9pm ET. @ValueHunter999, do you have an update status on your missing initial 20K?

The first 20K flag has been waved. Now we keep making laps till we get the $120 rebate flag. And then the final 30K checkered flag.

Bee, making laps :lol:
i just called in today ... was told i would get it ... the rep asked me to wait til after i have received and activate the new CC and make 1 purchase before checking for the 20k ...
as of now ... no 20k yet ... so i will wait until after i have received the new cc and 1 purchase before panicking ... :)

the rep seemed confident that i would get the wole 50k ... as he used the words "...guaranteed you will get them..." so i will wait for the new cc before making anymore new purchases ...

lucky you that you have already gotten yr final 20k ...

btw ... i was never charged the AF ... so it seems some were charged while others not ... strange ...Face Screaming In Fear
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Nov 24, 2013
15 posts
Toronto, ON
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 11:42 pm
No flights, hotels, rental cars, hoverboards/rollerblades/pogo-sticks for the next year?
Huh. I wonder if I will be in your shoes as well, next year.
A couple Mini-RTW with Aeroplan but after the card FYF. Not sure if I could still use the points after closing that card.
Last edited by maxy06 on Dec 6th, 2017 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 11 users viewing this thread. (6 members and 5 guests)

kit25, jacquesstrap, puma111, Rifle, Remy101, Gonkman