Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF [offer extended to March 1, 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 11:19 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3541 posts
1319 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 11:53 pm
i just called in today ... was told i would get it ... the rep asked me to wait til after i have received and activate the new CC and make 1 purchase before checking for the 20k ...
as of now ... no 20k yet ... so i will wait until after i have received the new cc and 1 purchase before panicking ... :)

the rep seemed confident that i would get the wole 50k ... as he used the words "...guaranteed you will get them..." so i will wait for the new cc before making anymore new purchases ...

lucky you that you have already gotten yr final 20k ...

btw ... i was never charged the AF ... so it seems some were charged while others not ... strange ...Face Screaming In Fear
Hold on a sec....is your missing 20K a converted MC? Cuz that's what happened to us too. Would not post the 20K even though we spent with it as a MC before it's new FCT Visa arrived. Once we spent on the new Visa then BINGO, the 20K posted.

Our first stack of FCT cards all had first statements that showed the $120 annual fee, and then immediately after a line item on the statement with the $120 rebate too. We have over a dozen TD Aeroplan Visa cards in our trails, and they all were the same...fee and then rebate. You had no fee at all on first statement, or it hasn't cycled yet?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3803 posts
376 upvotes
Ottawa
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 12:11 am
Hold on a sec....is your missing 20K a converted MC? Cuz that's what happened to us too. Would not post the 20K even though we spent with it as a MC before it's new FCT Visa arrived. Once we spent on the new Visa then BINGO, the 20K posted.

Our first stack of FCT cards all had first statements that showed the $120 annual fee, and then immediately after a line item on the statement with the $120 rebate too. We have over a dozen TD Aeroplan Visa cards in our trails, and they all were the same...fee and then rebate. You had no fee at all on first statement, or it hasn't cycled yet?
nope ... it was TD Aero inf ... ---> TD FCT ... so it is not the same scenario ... will see if the rep is right ... but if not ... i am confident that some rep will be willing to override the system ... :) ...

my first switch has already cycled ... but no AF ... second one has not ... but no AF has appeared online yet ...
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1373 posts
711 upvotes
Etobicoke
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 12:28 am
nope ... it was TD Aero inf ... ---> TD FCT ... so it is not the same scenario ... will see if the rep is right ... but if not ... i am confident that some rep will be willing to override the system ... :) ...

my first switch has already cycled ... but no AF ... second one has not ... but no AF has appeared online yet ...
I called on 2nd december to transfer from cashback visa infinite to first class visa. Made first purchase on 3rd december and bonuse points posted on my account today. I didnt receive my new card yet.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3803 posts
376 upvotes
Ottawa
specialoffers wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 12:40 am
I called on 2nd december to transfer from cashback visa infinite to first class visa. Made first purchase on 3rd december and bonuse points posted on my account today. I didnt receive my new card yet.
good 4 u ... was that yr first switch?
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
Feb 13, 2014
401 posts
214 upvotes
RFD Land
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 12:28 am

Don't fret... My wife's card was an Aero to TDFC switch. She got her 20K after 1st purchase and 30K at end of October as she had the $1000 spend before then.

She literally went 2 MONTHS before the 1st TDFC statement generated. Like 55 Days between her last Aeroplan statement to her 1st TDFC statement. She never saw the $120AF post and Reverse on the 1st TDFC statement. She did get a $70ish Annual fee reversal when she converted to the TDFC from Aeroplan Card.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1373 posts
711 upvotes
Etobicoke
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:10 am
good 4 u ... was that yr first switch?
I transferred td aeroplan to cash back infinite in october and cashback to first class on december 2nd.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3541 posts
1319 upvotes
specialoffers wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 12:40 am
A couple of things I find interesting with this scenario.

First one is that you called to convert on Sat Dec 2, spent on Sun Dec 3, and then saw the 20K posted on Tue Dec 5th.

We had a similar case, called on a Friday night to convert, was told that card would NOT be a bonafide true FCT card and earning 3x per $1 until Monday. But we had things to spend it on, so went ahead and used the card over the next few days, on Sat, Sun, Mon. Turns out the Sunday purchase moved to posted status by Tuesday, ahead of the earlier Sat purchase which stayed at pending (both were for the same type of purchase, online merchant for a bill pament), and this posted transaction from Sunday DID earn 3x points, the FCT accrual rate.

So, for future people who are converting cards on a Friday, go right ahead and start using your existing cards on the weekend, no need to wait till the next business day Monday. I'll know by later tonight if the Sat purchase also rings up as TD FCT Visa's 3x earnings, or if it earns at the original prior-to-conversion card's TD Rewards Visa rate of 1x. Edit: CONFIRMED. Purchases made by next day Saturday after a Friday conversion, are already earning at the new FCT's 3x rate.

The other interesting datapoint is that your prior card was a "premium" card product, the Cash Back Infinite. Yet reps have told me that only 1 "premium" bonus is allowed per card, within 6 months of each other, and I think @ValueHunter999 has an actual datapoint that mentioned this. VH?

I wonder if it is the rep who handles the conversion who actually does something to ensure you will or won't get the welcome bonus points. My wife and I have now received bonus points on multiple converted cards during the Sep-Dec promotion, so even though their terms say "If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for this offer." It's been crazy stupid good luck for us, I suppose. :twisted:
Last edited by bizee-bee on Dec 6th, 2017 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20472 posts
3160 upvotes
Waterloo
data point
Called TD Expedia Monday Dec-04 11:39 PM to transfer 50K points from card #2 to card #1
Saw the combined points today (Dec 7), and booked E4TD booking ~$400 hotels
So took 3 business days
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Nov 29, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote
jerryhung wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 3:32 pm
data point
Called TD Expedia Monday Dec-04 11:39 PM to transfer 50K points from card #2 to card #1
Saw the combined points today (Dec 7), and booked E4TD booking ~$400 hotels
So took 3 business days
I thought the points are administered by TD Rewards and we can login in through the TD Easyweb online.

1. Is TD Expedia = TD Rewards?
2. Can we product switch the FCT after say 3-6 months once we have moved/combined the bonus points with another FCT?
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20472 posts
3160 upvotes
Waterloo
kcmcheung wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:07 pm
I thought the points are administered by TD Rewards and we can login in through the TD Easyweb online.

2. Can we product switch the FCT after say 3-6 months once we have moved/combined the bonus points with another FCT?
https://www.tdrewards.com
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Sep 22, 2007
53 posts
10 upvotes
Does anyone know how long the bonus points take? I've been waiting for 2 months+ now.
Jan 7, 2011
645 posts
179 upvotes
Can anyone clarify this for me? So I signed up for new application via phone a few days ago. Planning to get the points after purchases and hold it for 3 months until cancel. I also have the TD Cashback that used to be a Aeroplan Infinite about 4-6 months ago. Can I convert that to this card for even more points and then combine? Thanks.
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3803 posts
376 upvotes
Ottawa
drceo wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 8:59 am
Does anyone know how long the bonus points take? I've been waiting for 2 months+ now.
whicj bonus? the initial 20k? or the extra 30k?
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3803 posts
376 upvotes
Ottawa
Brea wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 9:17 am
Can anyone clarify this for me? So I signed up for new application via phone a few days ago. Planning to get the points after purchases and hold it for 3 months until cancel. I also have the TD Cashback that used to be a Aeroplan Infinite about 4-6 months ago. Can I convert that to this card for even more points and then combine? Thanks.
yes, u can ... many have done it ... BUT ... whether you will receive the welcome bonuses (boni???) is ymmv ...
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3541 posts
1319 upvotes
kcmcheung wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:07 pm

TD For Expedia is for redeeming only.

Call TD Rewards to transfer points across multiple concurrent FCT accounts:
td-first-class-visa-infinite-td-first-c ... #p28584901
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 5:12 pm
To move all your points into one account, you will need to call the TD Visa Travel Rewards Centre
800-983-1043
7a-12a M-F

You can transfer only between cards belonging to you as the primary cardholder. It's too bad they can't link them all together, like the way Amex does it with their Membership Rewards cards. Then it's automatically accumulating together no matter which card you use to make a purchase. With TD's system, you'll have to call in each time to move over however many points you request, so unless you're in a rush for the points, just wait till you get the final 30K after $1000 spending, and then make the call.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)